Start a new topic
Answered

See new episodes of watched show in Up Next

Hi, Apologies if this actually is answered somewhere else, I haven't found a clear answer yet. If I add a show to my watch list, then watch an episode, I know it's deleted from the watch list and it starts appearing on my Up Next - great! So if I then watch all the available episodes, the show disappears from my Up Next as well. Which is also as expected, but seems to mean that when a new episode is released say, two months later, I don't see it in either place? Am I missing something, is there a way to have new episodes/seasons of shows I'm up to date on, automatically appear in my Up Next? Otherwise how do I handle that aside from adding the show back to my watch list? I kinda just want to be able to see in Trakt when a show releases new episodes, rather than have to keep track of it elsewhere and re-add it to my watch list. Thanks!

Best Answer

Once you've watched a show or added it to your watched history, that show is in your Progress and the Up Next section of your dashboard, it will continue to be in Progress and on your dashboard unless you've specifically chosen to hide it. It will not re-appear in the watchlist. 

For example, if you've finished season 1 and season 2 premiere is next week, the 1st episode of season 2 will show up on your Calendar, Up Next and Progress (unless you hid it).

For more info about your Progress, check out: "Watched Stats and Progress" section of How to Build Your Watched History

Also see: How do I hide shows from my Progress or Calendar? How do I restore or unhide them?

Hey, I've been looking into this same thing and I wanted to ask if you found any solution? It is kind of annoying after you finish a show and it gets removed from your watchlist like expected, and a new season comes out but you are not aware of it without looking at the calendar. It would be nice to have that show readded to the watchlist once new episodes/season comes out. Thanks!

Hey, sadly no I haven't figured out a solution - I think this is something that would have to be a feature request :( It's good to know it's not just me! If anyone from Trakt could pick this up as a development for the future that would be fab :)
Answer

Once you've watched a show or added it to your watched history, that show is in your Progress and the Up Next section of your dashboard, it will continue to be in Progress and on your dashboard unless you've specifically chosen to hide it. It will not re-appear in the watchlist. 

For example, if you've finished season 1 and season 2 premiere is next week, the 1st episode of season 2 will show up on your Calendar, Up Next and Progress (unless you hid it).

For more info about your Progress, check out: "Watched Stats and Progress" section of How to Build Your Watched History

Also see: How do I hide shows from my Progress or Calendar? How do I restore or unhide them?

Login to post a comment