- Create a new Trakt.tv account if you don't have one.
- Open the plugin, app or add-on settings and look for the authentication section. Instructions and an 8 digit code should be displayed.
- Visit https://trakt.tv/activate on your computer, phone, or tablet.
- Enter the 8 digit code (PIN) displayed on your device. (If you're not signed in, it will ask you to do that first)
- Allow access to the media center plugin, app or add-on you're installing.
- Return to your media center, app or add-on and your Trakt.tv account is now connected!
No code displayed on your device?
Please make sure you've installed the latest version of your media center plugin, app or add-on. They might be using an old authentication method that isn't supported anymore. In that case, please reach out directly to the plugin, app or add-on developer to get more specific info.
Connecting more devices?
You can connect as many devices as you'd like. Each device requires a unique code. Please follow the above steps for each media center, app or add-on you want to connect.
What have I given permission to?
Each app, add-on or media center that you've given permission is listed here and you can revoke permission as needed. This is a great option when troubleshooting sync issues - sometimes revoking authorization and re-authorizing fixes sync issues.
If you're having issues with a specific app or add-on or plugin, please contact them directly and send detailed steps to reproduce the issue. Unfortunately, we don't have the resources to provide help or support for 3rd party apps and add-ons and they handle all support directly.