General

When contacting support, please include your Trakt username and the app or plugin you are using. We only handle support for the Trakt website and API. If you're using a 3rd party app, please contact them directly with any questions or issues.

Please create a support ticket by clicking Contact Support in the right sidebar for any issues with movies or tv shows (data duplications, updates/refreshes, data removals, etc), include links and as many details as possible.

The more info you can provide, the faster we'll be able to help you out.

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates and fixes. 

Thanks, 
The Trakt Team
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add new data source for missing Asian shows / movies

Many Asian TV and movies cannot be found on neither Trakt, TMDB nor TVDB. Is there a possibility to get new data source, say from sites like mydramalist, which has larger and more complete database of Asian TV and movies?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Flag deleted TVDB shows

Trakt relies a lot on TVDB for shows. Sometimes TVDB has duplicates which eventually get fixed. But when that happens, these dupes are still available on Trakt.

I suggest coming up with a notification system that warns when a show has a TVDB entry disappear. Who would get notified? Well, mostly you guys, since you're the ones with the ability to remove dupes. Maybe you could also add a warning on the show page that the TVDB entry is gone and that Trakt admins are investigating.

This might cut down on dupes and the constant reports about them.

Note: this…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  10 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have options on Copy Lists & Move Love

Have the option to Move list, check the TV Series or Movies that you want to move instead of Copy for people that want to organize what List they have.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

VIP Ideas  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Another source for data for anime.

I recommend using Myanimelist as another source for your anime section. It's a large database dedicated just to anime. It also shows many things such as popularity, user ratings, what's airing and what's upcoming and most favorited. Here's the link to the website if you're interested.
    https://myanimelist.net/

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. show percentage ratings distribution

It would be cool if the chart of the ratings distribution on users' profile pages showed percentages as well, when you hover over each rating, similar to Letterboxd. Also if you could see the distribution of ratings in a bar chart for show, movies, episodes, seasons etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow database mods

Allow trusted uses that are hand picked to remove duplicate data on the site. Would take a lot of the workload of doing so away, and it would help clean up the site.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Lock profile background images

Right now, a user's set profile background image can change if the underlying series image changes - For example my background has changed from https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/315500-3.jpg to https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/nkFk2que1LEqsm324uKl5jhg6m7.jpg, which doesn't clip nicely with the Trakt profile at all.

I suggest that user profile images are "locked" so that even if the underlying image changes, the user's background remains the same.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

VIP Ideas  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Save search filter as a dynamic list

I've been using Trakt for years, and the one thing I've always REALLY missed is the ability to create a dynamic list - ones which automatically add new items which match a certain criteria as they become available. Yes that is basically doable by saving a search filter, but that's still not the same as a "list". I would LOVE to be able to save a search filter as a list, and have any new items which match (or existing items which no longer match the criteria) either be added or removed from the list.

Or if that is too…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I don’t it will possible to make a dynamic list in this way, it would change data way too often. The 2nd idea of adding all to a list might be possible in a future update.

9. Is there any way for you to add a link to mrqe review links for each film?

The Movie Review Query Engine indexes critics' reviews of many films. I would like to have the ability to see some or all reviews of films by leading critics...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Compare Tool : Year in Review

It would be awesome being able to :

• compare years between each of them (1)

• compare stats with the highest value (2)

Basicaly for each "block" or stat you could toggle two small buttons that show up on hover.
    - Compare with highest value (2)
    - Compare with previous year (or a specific year but I know it's not an easy task to display a dropdown in such a page (that's why you haven't found a way to allow us to select a year range for Year in Review feature yet)) (1)

for TV shows or people ranking, you could…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

VIP Ideas  ·  0 comments  ·  VIP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Duplicate removal feature

It would be good if the website natively supported duplicate removal.

Huere's scripts over at https://huere.net/trakt/duplicate_removal/ are great, but I could see this being implemented neatly into the user history page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. webhook hit on update

This might be more of a website request, but webhook integration on updates would be useful. Then you could do things like attach a discord webhook to be hit whenever a certain users collection, watchlist, lists, etc, whatever you select, is updated

This could be tied in to many third party apps like ifttt that can be triggered on hooks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

VIP Ideas  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Seasons filter to History

It'd be super useful if you could filter your history by seasons, similar to how you can filter the ratings by season. As someone who rates everything I watch with the exception of episodes, it would be a lot easier to find seasons I haven't yet rated using the 'Hide-Rated' filter.

Thanks in advance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Time Zone issue

I’m in the mountain time zone, but the times listed mostly seem to be an hour off. For example, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert airs at 10:30 pm here, but the listing shows 11:30. Not a big deal, but when it gets annoying is when it creates a date error. Seth Meyers is on here at 11:30 pm, but the listings think it’s on a 12:30 am, so it thinks that it aired the night before it actually airs. IOW the monday night 11:30 pm show appears in listings as being on sunday night- really monday at 00:30. That…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug: Losing window focus while typing a comment resets caret position to the beginning

Browser: Chrome 81.0.4044.122

Repro steps:

1. Click the button to add a comment and type a little bit

2. Switch to another window

3. Switch back to the browser

Observed behavior: The caret has been reset to the beginning of the input box.
    Expected behavior: The caret is where it was before switching windows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Re:Zero Season 1 Director's Cut

Please add a way to track the Re:Zero Director's Cut Episodes (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/re-zero-starting-life-in-another-world/seasons/alternate/1). The show is being rebroadcast, combining two episodes into a single extended one and adding new content.

Psycho-Pass did a similar rebroadcast with double episodes as a director's cut, and those episodes were added as Specials (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/psycho-pass/seasons/official/0 & https://trakt.tv/shows/psycho-pass/seasons/0).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make 'Progress list' look like 'Watchlist'

Okay, not MAKE, but an option!

WatchList style will make it really nice and easy to decide what show to continue watch.

Anyways,

Progress list page currently it looks like this
    https://i.imgur.com/YGu0wJr.jpg

And this is how it will look (WatchList style)
    https://i.imgur.com/n4rYKGf.jpg

Current progress page only shows 3 shows on landing page or 4 if scrolled down. Proposed one will show a lot of shows on a single page!

I already suggested this over a year ago here. It was even marked as "Planned".
    https://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/35708965-episodes-in-grid-format-on-progress-page

But not a lot of people were interested because of my weird title and confusing…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Block/mute users to hide their comments

Has comments moderation ever been applied?
    I would like the option of blocking or muting some users.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Researching  ·  7 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Movie studios and guest roles at Year In Review

I noticed that there are two new features added at the Year In Review and All Time Stats:

1) Movie studios are now listed in the same way TV networks are listed
    2) Guest roles are now included at most watched actors/actresses

Would it be possible get a list from a certain movie studio to see all movies I have seen from that particular studio? This would be the same as the networks where
    https://trakt.tv/users/virinr/history/shows/plays?network=FX shows me the list of FX series I have seen whereas
    https://trakt.tv/users/virinr/history/movies/plays?network=Marvel%20Studios could show me all Marvel Studios movies I have seen.

I love that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

VIP Ideas  ·  0 comments  ·  VIP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Various collected formats + streaming services

It would be nice to have the option of having multi-format in collection. One movie in Blu-Ray and in Digital, for example.

Also, having digital in iTunes AND Amazon Video. More than one type of digital, adding the option of the different services.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base