General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Whats Music in that Movie/Show or Episode of Show (Soundtrack)

Have informations about the soudtrack of the Movie/Show/Episode is very cool

Maybe a integration with https://www.tunefind.com/ or http://www.what-song.com/

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a way to flag duplicates directly from item pages

Would it be possible to add some way to flag duplicates directly on the site?

For example adding a link "this is/has a duplicate" next to the "refresh data" that open a pop-up where you can enter a link to the duplicate/original of a movie/show, maybe even a comment if details are needed.
    It would be easier and quicker for user to inform you about them and you could even see the links that are flagged more often and correct them first.

It would reduce the number of support messages and make duplicate/error signaling accessible to the less curious of…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I'd like to be able to ignore users

There are certain individuals writing WOTs for the lamest of episodes imaginable without saying much on a regular basis, or people deliberately spamming the comment section with multiple (different) >1k character comments (but 0-1min timestamp differences).

I'd like to set a user to be ignored to not see his/her reviews and shouts (or replies). It's greatly annoying to see that a recent episode has like 6-9 comments in total whereas 4-6 are from the same person upon expanding the comment section.
    Or see yet another review talking hot air about redundant, petty things for thousands of characters, pretty much without…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Christmas Genre

Is it possible to have a genre for Christmas movies?

Thanks,
    Arcreactor

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ratings Hide Watched/Unwatched

To help find item i have rated but not watched could you add the option to hide Watched/Unwatched items in the Ratings page. like in the history page you can hide rated items to find items you have watched but not rated.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show what shows/movies you both watched when browsing someones profile

Like on the Website MyAnimeList. When visting the history page of someone elses profile it would be cool to see a little statistics on top which shows how many shows/movies you both watched or rated the same.

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add VRV

vrv.co is a new site by CrunchyRoll to watch anime, but it also pulls in Shudder, Funimation Online, and other content sites.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adjust "up next" episodes to be selected as earliest unwatched episode for people skipping around a series.

TL;DR: If I've viewed some episodes from season 1 and some from season 7, let me choose my "next episode" to default to the earliest unwatched episode (season 1) rather than the current default of the latest (season 7).

Shows without a plot (i.e. documentaries, sketch shows, etc.) are quite often watched out of order. For example, here's my viewing of ESPN's 30 for 30 series.

http://i.imgur.com/6N8GzKW.png

As you can see episode 3x03 is "up next" but I still have quite a few episodes before it in season 1 and 2 to watch. The true "next" episode for me to…

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide a Simplified Tracking Option

There should be an option in the settings menu that allows users to choose the tracking level they desire (for example, a dropdown list called "Tracking Level" with the options "basic", "standard" and "data nerd").

When a user sets their level to basic, they will not be required to record watch dates and can view their lists without any indication of the watch date. This will essentially simplify tracking to a watchlist, watched history, collected and rated. The only date visible could be a "date added" which simply indicates when you added it to a list in Trakt.

Reason for…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Divide the watchlist in pages

The watchlist is just one page and with around 800 films let's say I could watch all those films before the page loads.

Why can't the watchlist have pages? Like 100 items in the 1st page, 100 on the 2nd and so on.

I had to create custom lists to serve as "new" watchlist because the watchlist is unusable. Yes I can hide tv shows or movies but the page is so heavy that my browser often crashes before it loads. And with around 800 films just hiding the tv show doesn't make the page lighter.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Suggestion: More data on ratings

I was reading this article, trying to get a handle on whether as a web app dev, pandas might be useful to me.
    I saw the example of ratings by age and thought of you, food for thought?
    http://www.gregreda.com/2013/10/26/using-pandas-on-the-movielens-dataset/

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sensitive touch screen

When using a touch screen, the trakt website in general is too sensitive for scrolling/ navigating. We have to pay close attention to where we put our fingers and how to scroll.

Example: When swiping my finger up to scroll down, suddenly trakt is loading the page for the movie I saw yesterday. Or when I scroll through the movie section, suddenly I've added a random movie to my watchlist; sometimes I don't even notice until afterwards.

Thought at first this was a performance issue, and it very well might be, but this is seen on iPad, iPhone, android phone…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a custom filter to progress page

I personally watch 40-50% of my shows with my other half, and would love to mark shows as such so I can filter to shows only I am watching on the progress page.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Split time watched across days

Over the last few months, I noticed that I've become really obsessed with finishing watching things before midnight local time to avoid messing up my dashboard graph with stats that appear on the "wrong day".

It occurred to me tonight, after yet another movie finished just after midnight, that actually, software can solve this problem.

I propose that Trakt take the timestamp and duration of each item played into account when generating graphs, such that if (as happened tonight) I finish a 126-minute movie at 0:03, 123 of those minutes still appear in the graph for the previous day, and…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add "where" and "with" fields

It would be nice to be able to indicate where and with who has been seen a particular movie/episode. In particular:

[1] Every "watch date" should have its "where" and "with".
    [2] In the "where" field I can write what I want.
    [3] In the "with" field I can write what I want or add a trakt user.
    [4] If in the "where" field I enter "Sunshine Cinema", this place is automatically saved in a specific "Places" page, in which I can add/delete/edit all the places.
    [5] The places in the "Places" page are automatically suggested when I set the…

440 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Most Watched boxes customizable

During my childhood I watched many animes such as Dragon Ball Z.
    If I check-in the seasons the TV Show becomes my most watched TV Show by far.
    Therefore this will never change since it has over 200 episodes and no new TV Shows today will have that much (I think)
    I would like to be able to add this TV Show in my watched list but don't think having it as my most watched TV show is really relevant.
    This applies for movies too.

Suggestions

- Allow in settings profile section to choose if Most Watched boxes should refer…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mutually Exclusive Lists

Allow certain personal lists to be marked as mutually exclusive, meaning that if i add an item to such a list, it should automatically be removed from any other mutually exclusive list.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Import movies/shows from another account

Add the ability to import in your account history, from another account on trakt, the selected movies/shows/episodes with the same watch date and the same votes.

160 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Actor's page : separate or differentiate shows from movies

Hi

Actor's page : separate or differentiate shows from movies

This would help

Thaks

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Calendar - Hide Watchlist

This idea was declined in November 2013 as "Not planned right now" so 3 years later maybe it could pass ?

http://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/3575835-calendar-hide-watchlist

Every time I add a TV Show on my watchlist I have to add it to my calendar's hidden items.

But I could understand why this idea isn't approved : Movies watchlisted have their importance in the calendar.

So why not only allow to hide Watchlisted Tv Shows from Calendar ? We can currently hide special episodes.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base