General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Check-in from Dashboard

I'm not using any external app.

So I basically use Trakt on Web brower on my PC or phone for my checkins.

I would find it useful being able to check-in right away from the dashboard (Up next to watch section) without having to access the episode in the first place.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prequels and Sequences of Movies

It would be a great idea if the developers could join the sequels and prequels of movies together. Like for Harry Potter series, if someone clicked Part 4 (Goblet of FIre), there should be a separate section in the page which shows Parts 1-7.Similarly, in the History tab, there should be a filter which shows the sequences and prequels of a movie series together.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Information on the source of a scrobble

It would be great if you could see the source of a scrobble in the watch history, e.g. "Manual scrobble from user", "Recieved from Plex webhook", "Recieved from API via <App name>". This would help with debugging, and also remembering where you watched a show.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Staging website is down

Constantly getting Error 502 at https://staging.trakt.tv/. Hoping to use this as a test environment for my app

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Weigh the average rating of shows/seasons by number of episodes watched

Currently, the average rating for a show seems to be a simple average of all the ratings, so it doesn't take into account how many episodes each user has watched. A more accurate depiction would be to weigh the average based on how many of the available episodes each user has watched.

Let's take a simple example: users A and B watch the first 10-episode season of a show the year it first airs. User A rates it an 8 and user B rates it a 9. After the first season of the show, the displayed average is 85%, which…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a link/button to add a comment to the top of the recent comments list

Currently, if you scroll all the way down to the "recent comments" section of an entry, you have no way to add a new comment from there as you would expect. Instead, you need to scroll back up to the top to see the "add comment" button, which feels really weird.

Consider this view: https://trakt.tv/movies/the-social-dilemma-2020#comments. I would expect to see a link or button to add a comment somewhere without needing to scroll.

I might actually even expect an input to already be there, ready to receive my comment. I think this could drive people to add comments more…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Track how an episode was seen

I think that it would be nice to have a feature for tracking what channel or from what streaming service did you watch something. Also, on films you could track at what cinema did you watch the film

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Separate TV Networks with same names but different countries

Networks with the same name, but in different countries seem to be flattened together currently.

Example: My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, https://trakt.tv/shows/my-teen-romantic-comedy-snafu, which airs in Japan on TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting System), has its network listed as simply "TBS".
    When you look at the list of popular shows for that network, lists American Dad, Cougar Town, etc, which air on TBS (technically Turner Broadcasting System) in America, intermingled with a bunch of anime from TBS in Japan - https://trakt.tv/shows/popular?networks=TBS

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Season Subtitle visible on the Progress Site

A few years ago you added the possibility for Subtitles on Shows like "Amerikan Horror Story" or for the Ninth Season of "24".
    But this is only visible on the Series-Site itself...
    The Progressbar (under "view seasons) still shows us only Season 1, Season 2 etc.
    Is there a way to add this there too?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Don't Want To Watch

Would be nice to flag a movie as "don't want to watch" or "not interested". This would in effect be the opposite of watchlist. The reason for doing this is for people who spend a lot of time researching actors and selecting movies to collect or watch later, there may be some popular movies they don't want to watch. Flagging these movies would be helpful. For example, when reviewing popular movies you have the ability to hide movies that you have watched, planned to watch, collected, etc. but there is no ability to hide movies you don't want to watch.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Up next to watch - Sorting Recently Watched - Recently Aired

I would like to have an sorting that joins recently aired and recently watched.

For example if you have completed a season of show x and one year later after having watched many other show a new episode aires this new episode should be "up next".

I don't think I explained what I mean properly so if It is not clearplease let me know and I will try explaning again (more.)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ends on a Cliffhanger Warning (No spoilers)

It'd be great to have a "Ends on a Cliffhanger" Warning YES/NO next to the "STATUS" line of TV Shows.

Make it a simple YES/NO Poll so (vip?) users can warn others if a show is cancelled before the story wraps up.

Maybe, if selecting YES request a link to news page that references the premature cancellation. Perhaps link to the comments for that and more info from the reporting user.

Could be expanded from YES/NO to - Major Cliffhanger / Minor Loose Ends / Unanswered Questions / All Wrapped Up

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow us to put in multiple formats into our collection

I own some of my movies on DVD as well as Blu-ray, but the website only supports one at a time, which is rather annoying. Is this being added?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Unrate all Unseen

Hi is there a fast way remove all the ratings I have given to items I have Unwatched (deleted from my watch history), items I rated by mistake or items I did watch but forgot to actually mark off as watched in Trakt.

Like in the “History” page you can hide all rated items, so anything that is not rated is nicely listed.
    Can a “Hide Watched” be added to the “Ratings” page (Currently you can only fade watched items, and I am not scrolling through 232 pages)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Use season poster when viewing episodes in a List

When a list is full of episodes from the same series it becomes hard to figure out at a glance which season they belong to, can we have an option to use the season poster in lists too (like in the "up next" section)?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Left Sidebar

Please consider removing the feature that plants the left sidebar in place until you completely scroll down to the bottom section containing the comments. Sometimes I want to click the link to check out further comments on IMDB on a movie and it is annoying to have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen in order to have the IMDB button appear. And sometimes the movie logo is glitchy and it continues to appear even at the very bottom in which case you need to modulate the scroll up a bit and down a bit in…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Similar Option Made

When looking up a TV Series or Movies I think having an option, "Smiliar TV Series or Similiar Movies" would be a wonderful idea for this website. Escpecially when looking up certian Genre's, Era's, or TV Series or Movies pertaining to the show that the person is looking up at that time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Is it possible to combine two TMDB pages into one TV show page? (Whose Line Is It Anyway)

Because of the different ways TMDB and TVDB have decided to handle the show 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?', there's an issue with the Trakt page.

TVDB have decided to add the revival and current run, which started in 2013, as a continuation of the original run that ended in 2007. However, TMDB have decided to make the revival/current run a distinct show page, which means the Trakt page for 'WLIIA?' has the new episode info coming from TVDB but the cast info won't be updated for the later seasons and any higher resolution images also won't come through.

Is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Search option in pages like " ratings & history "

When you enter someone's profile to see his rating of specific " Movie or Show " , you have to scroll the whole ratings page . so it would be so easy if there's an option like ' search bar ' on top of the ratings page to find things fast

what do you think about this ?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. [bug] timezone for episode release date is wrong

https://trakt.tv/shows/the-boys-2019/seasons/2/episodes/5

This is supposed to be out at 12am pst, which is correct. But when you switch your timezones from pst to eat it still says 12am. When it should say 3am for est.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories