General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. On Deck always shows latest episode of series to check into not last marked episode

I honestly don't even know if I'm describing this correctly but I shall try. I don't always watch shows from the first episode, especially if watching on TV. For the past month, when I check into a show that I have watched previously, if I check into an episode that aired BEFORE the episode I just checked into, it always shows the episode AFTER the one I checked into long before.

For example: I checked into The Andy Griffith Show episode 8x24 then started watching the show again from Season 1 and checked into episode 1x01 but my Recently Watched…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change Most Watched TV show

Change the most watched TV shows to most amount watched (runtime) instead of most amount of episodes.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. View ended shows in a list

It's nice that there is a way to hide ended shows but it would be nice if there was also a way to view only ended shows in a list.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Filter History by month

It would be awesome if you could restore the functionality to filter the history page by month and get an overview of how many episodes and movies I watched during that month.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A check-in in Facebook should be synced with Trakt

Problem: Have to redundantly check-in to Facebook and Trakt while watching a movies in theatres. Also Accessing Trakt through mobile is not so friendly

Solution: Connect the FB account to Trakt. Read status so that while someone is "Watching" something you can check-in the same movie into Trakt and Scrobble it

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Social  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Split time watched across days

Over the last few months, I noticed that I've become really obsessed with finishing watching things before midnight local time to avoid messing up my dashboard graph with stats that appear on the "wrong day".

It occurred to me tonight, after yet another movie finished just after midnight, that actually, software can solve this problem.

I propose that Trakt take the timestamp and duration of each item played into account when generating graphs, such that if (as happened tonight) I finish a 126-minute movie at 0:03, 123 of those minutes still appear in the graph for the previous day, and…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Calendar - Hide Watchlist

This idea was declined in November 2013 as "Not planned right now" so 3 years later maybe it could pass ?

http://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/3575835-calendar-hide-watchlist

Every time I add a TV Show on my watchlist I have to add it to my calendar's hidden items.

But I could understand why this idea isn't approved : Movies watchlisted have their importance in the calendar.

So why not only allow to hide Watchlisted Tv Shows from Calendar ? We can currently hide special episodes.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. progressive web app

progressive web app is much better
    Push notifications
    Full Screen
    Offline working
    Splash screen is supported give it a app feel

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Christmas/Holiday genre to recommendations

Add a Christmas/Holiday genre to the movie recommendation area.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a way to flag duplicates directly from item pages

Would it be possible to add some way to flag duplicates directly on the site?

For example adding a link "this is/has a duplicate" next to the "refresh data" that open a pop-up where you can enter a link to the duplicate/original of a movie/show, maybe even a comment if details are needed.
    It would be easier and quicker for user to inform you about them and you could even see the links that are flagged more often and correct them first.

It would reduce the number of support messages and make duplicate/error signaling accessible to the less curious of…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Another source for data for anime.

I recommend using Myanimelist as another source for your anime section. It's a large database dedicated just to anime. It also shows many things such as popularity, user ratings, what's airing and what's upcoming and most favorited. Here's the link to the website if you're interested.
    https://myanimelist.net/

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add the possibility to hide watched hour

Hello Justin,

It would be awesome to have the possibility to hide the watching hour of a TV Show/Movie.

I currently have my profile public meaning that any person can know what I watched and also what hour was that.

You might not want your boss to know that you spend the morning watching movies, hehehe :)

In my case the info is being added from Plex using the Trakt extension.

Thanks!! :D

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Personal Top 10

It will be cool if everyone had a custom Top 10 for both shows and movies and we will be able to choose which show/movie are in the Top and choose the order.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add the option to sort the watchlist by adding an extra word to the URL

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Progress for movies

it collects box sets, e.g. all star trek, ice age, carry on, american pie, die hard movies

and it should include not only official box sets

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Divide the watchlist in pages

The watchlist is just one page and with around 800 films let's say I could watch all those films before the page loads.

Why can't the watchlist have pages? Like 100 items in the 1st page, 100 on the 2nd and so on.

I had to create custom lists to serve as "new" watchlist because the watchlist is unusable. Yes I can hide tv shows or movies but the page is so heavy that my browser often crashes before it loads. And with around 800 films just hiding the tv show doesn't make the page lighter.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Movies/Episodes/TV Seasons/TV series Getting Removed

The main reason I, and I suspect, many others, use, and love, this website is that it is a near perfect tool to keep track of one's watch history. Seeing as that's the most important thing (to me anyway) I would love it if our accounts could get a little notification everytime a movie entry or tv show (or an episode from a tv show) that we've watched gets removed from the trakt database. Just so that we're aware of the things that are no longer accounted for in our watch history. Rather than 5 years later trying to find…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Recently Viewed (actors)

Being quite fond of imdb's feature "Recently viewed" which is keeping track of recently visited actors pages, I wonder if something like this is possible and of course desirable within trakt.tv.

Together with https://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/4215471-recent-visitors-to-your-profile this could add a new information angle and later on help finding trakt buddies of similar taste.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "Trash" for recently removed plays

Having just had an app delete an old play from last year when I thought I was adding a new one, I see a need for a "trash" where old plays go when removed for some time (14 days? 30?) before being permanently removed from the database. Often I can extrapolate the time of an accidentally removed play from surrounding episodes of the same show, but in this case that isn't possible.

I don't know if it's worth adding to the API, though.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Users can add recommendations on a movie/show page -along with a comment-

Like the way MyAnimeList.net does. people can post recommendations and appear in the movie/serie page like the comments does.. the recommendations with more likes show up first.

this can replace the actual recommendations system, which, obviously suck.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base