General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Progress Page On Actors/Actress Profile

When you go onto an Actor/Actress profile there should be a progress meter similar to the TV show one where it would tell you how many of the movies you have watched of the actor. This could also include a hide watched function. For example, If I were to go onto Chris Pratt's page it would show that I have watched The Lego Movie and Guardians of the Galaxy. It would also say that I have watched 2 out of 25 things he is in. There could also be another function to filter TV Shows and Movies. Thank you.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add notifications for “friends starts watching” event

Add Desktop/Pushover notifications on friends activity.

For instance, when I am following someone I like to keep track of what they are watching to see if there's something interesting for me.

Instead of only exploring my friends' activity on my dashboard I would like to receive real-time notifications when they start watching a movie or episode.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Season Posters

I think there should be system so we can upload and vote for seasons posters or movie posters, for "perfect" customization. Maybe a vote system once a week for VIPs or all users? Mainly i have 3 matching posters for 3 seasons for Fargo. A harmony in all banners and posters would be "great!" interface for Trakt.tv!

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Season Finale Alert (IT IS POSSIBLE)

I believe there is some data available that could be used to detect at least a "Possible Season Finale" and send that notification out to users that want this feature. You could label it a BETA FEATURE and you could even crowdsource it (have users confirm it is a season finale). Even if you send the notification out, two weeks after the season finale happened, it is still useful information to me and to many other users that like binge-watching seasons. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Up Next To Watch: use a list as a queue

Hi

I have a suggestion for the dashboard, a new section or an option to choose between my watching progress or a custom ranked list that would function as a queue of sorts.

Obviously this is going to be a little tricky to implement because of the different types of items (movies, shows, seasons, episodes) but it would be very helpful not just as a queue but also as a tool to track the watching order of some shows. For example, I could close the X-Files Essential Episodes and have the first 6 items of that list show up in…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Liking/Commenting on a friend's activity feed

Ability to like items on a friend's feed. Or comment on them. Like when they start watching a show you really really love and you want to talk to them about it.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow users to add any show they want to the 'on deck to watch' category

For example if I'm watching a show that I have previously watched, it won't show up on my 'on deck to watch', but if there was an option to allow users to add any show they want onto the 'on deck to watch' category it would be better and more convenient for us.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Synchronize with iTunes and iOS watched status

I watch movies and series episodes on my Mac or iPhone, and would really like to sync my watched statuses to Trakt.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Media Centers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customized statistics for time spent watching

Like how many hours spent watching in a specific year, month, time frame aside from the existing statistics for the present week and total time spent watching.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A more personalized and complete list (Like MyAnimeList)

What i find really annoying with using trakt, is the way you have to seperate shows or movies into seperate list for your personal "status" on that show (Like i need to make my own list for shows that i have dropped, have on hold or have completed (and you have the default Watchlist for shows you want to watch.))

So what i think would immensely help organize our shows/movies, is to have a more "Complete list" of every show/movie and their own "Status", like they do on MyAnimeList. (Or we could just have a new system of "tagging" shows,…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Reset Progress from Show page

Hi

I like the new reset progress feature however can you add a way to reset a show progress from it's show page. it's kind of a pain having to trawl through the progress page to find a show to rest the progress

Thanks

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add support for Slingtv scrobbling

Would like to have tvshows watched in SlingTV tracked in traktv

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Media Centers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Actor & Crew for TV shows on season or episode level

Via TMDB I can enter actors and crew on season and episode level. Via trakt I can only see the actors from the latest season.

This means that I cannot search on actors / crew that has participated to an episode or season of a TV show (except if they participated in the latest season).

This is inaccurate. For example: You have a TV show with a main character during 9 of the 10 seasons. Because the main character is replaced during the latest season, this actor is not displayed via Trakt (because Trakt only displays actors from the latest…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. After signup, optimize new user flow to add all the movies I've seen

The first thing I want to do after signing up is to add all the shows and movies I've seen. This isn't really accommodated very well with the current flow. I would expect the option to view all movies in the db (with various sort options - alpha numeric at least). I'd also really expect the option to hide all movies I've seen from all search results (featured, trending, full list, etc.) to help me get it done. Since I'd want to add literally thousands of movies to my Seen list (valuable data that you want me to enter), you…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I'd like to be able to ignore users

There are certain individuals writing WOTs for the lamest of episodes imaginable without saying much on a regular basis, or people deliberately spamming the comment section with multiple (different) >1k character comments (but 0-1min timestamp differences).

I'd like to set a user to be ignored to not see his/her reviews and shouts (or replies). It's greatly annoying to see that a recent episode has like 6-9 comments in total whereas 4-6 are from the same person upon expanding the comment section.
    Or see yet another review talking hot air about redundant, petty things for thousands of characters, pretty much without…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sort by air date of next episode

It would be cool to have, in the Watched Progress & On Deck, the option to sort by "Next episode to air", so that one can easily see which series needs to be caught up on the fastest.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Wanted (in collection) / Wishlist

As many of us are indeed collectors, also focusing on collection automation within trakt.tv, people may want to differentiate further between stuff they like to watch (Watchlist) and what they actually like to collect (Wishlist - as seen and implemented in apps such as Movist)

Having a separate smart Wishlist, which is updated automatically as soon as items getting collected, may give us the best of two worlds, in addition reducing the management impact of the given Watchlist especially when it comes to bigger collections.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sensitive touch screen

When using a touch screen, the trakt website in general is too sensitive for scrolling/ navigating. We have to pay close attention to where we put our fingers and how to scroll.

Example: When swiping my finger up to scroll down, suddenly trakt is loading the page for the movie I saw yesterday. Or when I scroll through the movie section, suddenly I've added a random movie to my watchlist; sometimes I don't even notice until afterwards.

Thought at first this was a performance issue, and it very well might be, but this is seen on iPad, iPhone, android phone…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Block/mute users to hide their comments

Has comments moderation ever been applied?
    I would like the option of blocking or muting some users.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create a folder/list of lists

I like to keep my series/doramas/animes/variety or reality shows organized by status (currently watching, dropped, priority, freezer etc), but my lists get a bit messy since they're all mixed up.
    If I could create different folders for each, I think it would make things easier.

And I know it sounds like a feature not many people would use, but it's worth the try.

Thanks anyway.

^^

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base