General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Most watched TV show" should be about total time

If I watch 10 5-minute-episodes, this doesn't really mean that the show should be prominently featured on my profile over a show with 8 episodes that are 1 hour each. How much someone likes a show is best shown by how much time they spend watching it; episode counts are arbitrary and favor sitcoms over real shows.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. private profile public list

I have a private profile, but would like to make one of my lists public.

At the moment this doesn't seem to be possible. (Searches for the name of the list, already set to Public, does not return any results. If I go directly to the link of the list when logged out, what shows up is a message that the user is private, and not the public list.)

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow database mods

Allow trusted uses that are hand picked to remove duplicate data on the site. Would take a lot of the workload of doing so away, and it would help clean up the site.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create parent shows

It would be great to have a parent show that includes all seasons and episodes of its children shows.

For example a CSI parent show that would have all episodes for CSI Las Vegas, Miami and New York under one chronological list. I see all theses shows as one and would like to know what the next chronological episode is, and how many episodes are left in the group. Other examples would be NCIS, NCIS LA, NCIS NO, and The CW D.C., Arrow, Flash Super Gil, Etc.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Share stats

Hi,
    It would be nice to add a button to share our statistics (watched movies and watched TV shows) on Twitter/Facebook.
    Thank you.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Social  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show awards (and maybe nominations) on films / shows / profiles

It could for example be shown by a logo associated with the "competition" in color when won and in gray-scale when only nominated. A caption would be shown with the details (best actor, etc) when hovering. The logo would be on the film or show when on a profile, with a count at the top of the page. When on a film/show it would be either at the top when for the whole show or on specific actor/season.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Writer, director, and guest stars for TV episodes

I was wondering if it's possible to get the Writer/Director information from TV-episodes over to trakt. Right now those are missing on the people page. Maybe connecting the show and an episode count would be enough?

TV-directors just get left off the site. But many well known film directors like Spielberg, Scorsese, Tarantino, Cameron, Hitchcock, J.J. Abrams and Lynch have had their hand in TV aswell (without credit on the site). Anthology series are another thing where this would be great.

Replaces: https://getsatisfaction.com/trakt/topics/writerdirectorcreditsontv_shows

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Get notifications from followed friends

When I follow a friend is because I want to know what they watch.
    I can go thought the network and find out but it would be nice to have some sort of notification system like facebook that shows what have your friends watched recently that we don't know about.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Social  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Will Trakt ever decide to use TMDB episode information if there is none on TVDB?

I love trakt. And I love TMDB. I contribute a lot to TMDB and think it is much better of a site and a community and more user friendly than TVDB. I understand that TVDB probably has a more comprehensive database for series compared to TMDB (I think TV shows are only a fairly recent addition to TMDB). However, contributing to TVDB is much more arduous than to TMDB, especially when it comes to getting incorrect data changed. The TVDB forum is fairly dead and slow to respond, me as a user have no idea if they keep track of…

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  8 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add YouTube video links to episodes

A good amount of shows have canonical versions of their episodes uploaded on YouTube.

It'd be useful if there was a way to "link" episodes with those specific YouTube videos.

This unique video ID (the part after /watch?v=) would ideally be exposed through the backend for API clients. As for the website, instead of embedding the video, a simple link would be fine since I don't think you guys are interested in turning Trakt into a viewing platform.

The reason I'm interested in this is, it's always been a hassle to keep track of your subscriptions and the content you…

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Let us choose if we saw the 'regular version' or the Director's Cut of a movie.

There are movies where the Directors Cut signifcantly changes the movie. Sometimes I saw both versions, sometimes only the DC. I'd like to add which one I saw.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Disable rating for movies and episodes that won't be released in a month (or longer)

I know you declined this for all movies and episodes that haven't been released, because you're not sure if the release date is correct, but could you at least disable it for more distant release dates? (not including episodes with missing dates)
    If you enable rating about a month before something's released (maybe earlier if that's necessary), you should be able to know if the exact release date is correct, right?

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately this is still very hard to predict with earlier online premieres and different release dates around the world. I’d like to do this as well, so i’ll leave it to continue researching.

13. Provide an option between the default grid view and a simplified list view for your history

I want to be able to see all the shows/movies I've watched, at a glance, in a simple vertical list, rather than in a large grid. The vertical list should be sortable by title, date started, date completed, number of episodes watched, etc.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Loving or Hating(Rating) a character

Everyone has characters that they like or don't like. It would be nice if we could say "Like" or "don't like" so we can see which personage is loved or hated. Maybe add an option to tell why you love or hate them

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow to choose episode order (aired or dvd)

It probably doesn't effect a lot of series but there are a few where the dvd episode order is different to the order when they were first aired (Firefly is a prime example).

It would be nice to be able to choose which order I prefer (tvdb has both)

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Most Watched TV Show

On the profile page, the section titled:
    MOST WATCHED TV SHOW
    Is, or can be, a bit misleading. Example of what I mean:
    TV Show 1 (TV1) has 150 episodes
    TV Show 2 (TV2) has 20 episodes

Now, I watch TV1 in its entirety, so that is 150 watches. Now I watch TV2, all episodes, 5 times. That is 100 watches. Now, the section titled most watched... will say that TV1 is most watched. Now TV1 has the most watches, because it has the most episodes, but really TV2 is the most watched as it has been watched 5 times…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Most Watched boxes customizable

During my childhood I watched many animes such as Dragon Ball Z.
    If I check-in the seasons the TV Show becomes my most watched TV Show by far.
    Therefore this will never change since it has over 200 episodes and no new TV Shows today will have that much (I think)
    I would like to be able to add this TV Show in my watched list but don't think having it as my most watched TV show is really relevant.
    This applies for movies too.

Suggestions

• Allow in settings profile section to choose if Most Watched boxes should refer to…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Link to Metacritic.com

if it is possible can you add a link to Metacritic.com for Movies and TV Shows, like the links to wikipedia and IMDb. It would be good to see critic reviews and scores for Movies/TV Shows

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. List display

Would be nice to have different displays for lists, similar to file explorers:
    - the actual one (thumbnail, title, rating...)
    - details by columns: title of the movie, director, rating... (NO image)
    - only titles

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Alternate show dates for different regions

Alternate show dates for different regions (i.e. Doctor Who on BBC America vs. Doctor Who on BBC One)

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base