General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Removing early rating (ie rating of unreleased episode) or banning early rater?

Hi TrackTV team,

I know I'm onto a topic that have been discussed already, and I'm trying the shed a new light here, my apologies if this has been already discussed also.

I'm seeing more and more rating on episode that have not been released yet, which is annoying (because it is not very smart) but mostly it is biaising the overall rate of a tv show (unless it gets loads of votes), hence degrading the trust a user can have of TrackTV ratings.

I have seen several other requests that have been denied but none pointing out the negative…

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Researching  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Choose favorite TV show and movie

In profile we have "Favorite movies" and "Favorite TV shows" that show things according to the option, for example I use "Random rated 10" and shows all movies that I rated 10. Would be nice if I could choose my real favorite movie and tv show independent of my ratings.

ps: I'm the worst explaining things and sorry about my english I'm brazilian.

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Private messaging

Sometimes I want to exchange ideas with a user and can not. You could also put a message box or a small part "hidden" so that we can communicate. How about?
    So it would be easier to make friends and ask for opinions! :-)

(Sorry for bad english)

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  18 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Graphically present timeline of watched/collected episodes

I think it would be cool and useful if the progress bars in the watched/collected screens was filled by what episodes you've seen, so that if there's a 3 season show, and you've seen season two, the 33% of the bar filled would be in the middle of the progress bar. Gives a nice one-look view of whether you are missing any of the latest episodes.

For a graphical representation, see https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5wdnn22x58c9w1/trakt-idea.jpg?dl=0

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Watch a TV Show or Movie with a friend

Often times, I don't watch movies or TV shows alone, but with friends. It would be nice, if only one person would check into a movie/show and mark the others. That way you could not only track which shows/movies you have watched, but also with whom.

If you would like to make things more complex, you could link a foursquare profile to your trakt account and check in (movies/shows) those friends who are checked into the same venue as you are. But that's maybe over the top ;)

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Flag deleted TVDB shows

Trakt relies a lot on TVDB for shows. Sometimes TVDB has duplicates which eventually get fixed. But when that happens, these dupes are still available on Trakt.

I suggest coming up with a notification system that warns when a show has a TVDB entry disappear. Who would get notified? Well, mostly you guys, since you're the ones with the ability to remove dupes. Maybe you could also add a warning on the show page that the TVDB entry is gone and that Trakt admins are investigating.

This might cut down on dupes and the constant reports about them.

Note: this…

109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  5 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adjust "up next" episodes to be selected as earliest unwatched episode for people skipping around a series.

TL;DR: If I've viewed some episodes from season 1 and some from season 7, let me choose my "next episode" to default to the earliest unwatched episode (season 1) rather than the current default of the latest (season 7).

Shows without a plot (i.e. documentaries, sketch shows, etc.) are quite often watched out of order. For example, here's my viewing of ESPN's 30 for 30 series.

http://i.imgur.com/6N8GzKW.png

As you can see episode 3x03 is "up next" but I still have quite a few episodes before it in season 1 and 2 to watch. The true "next" episode for me to…

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Turn "Up next to watch" on the Dashboard into a sideways scroll

Instead of having to click "SEE MORE", we could just press a left or right arrow that would show everything we have on "Up next to watch".

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Check in from progress and other pages

I think it would be great to be able to check in or mark as watched from the progress page. Maybe icons under the Next episode name.

I find myself spending a lot of time on the progress page to find the next episode to watch, and it would save a lot of time if I didn't have to go to the episode page to check in.

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  9 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Quotes or notes to the movies or tv shows you've watched

I think that it would be great if you can add quotes of a movie or show you want to remember (something similar seen on seenth.at) or you just simply found something interesting and you want to write it down for yourself (similar to the notes on goodreads)

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  9 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Whats Music in that Movie/Show or Episode of Show (Soundtrack)

Have informations about the soudtrack of the Movie/Show/Episode is very cool

Maybe a integration with https://www.tunefind.com/ or http://www.what-song.com/

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hidden Shows - Additions!

Well - here's my idea. The ability to hide a show from your progress bar is great, but we all have guilty pleasure shows that we'd rather not tell everybody about. So being able to watch a show, check it in on the website and all, without making it visible to everybody would be great. Just being able to hide it from your public profile would be great.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Removal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Embedded Preview Trailers For Movies and TV Shows

When browsing the dashboard or home page on trakt, I occasionally find some interesting movies or TV shows that I would like to preview.

I thought it would be neat and convenient if a user can hover over a poster of a movie or TV show, and be able to view a trailer straight from trakt without having to search for it on youtube or through some other media source. Bascially if a user, hovers over the poster and clicks play, a pop out embedded video of the trailer would start playing.

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. International Movie Release Dates

Though "My Movies" calendar is a great feature I can't make full use of it because not every film is released in the US and internationally on the same day. Now comes the hard part, because I don't know if you can do this, but it would be great and very useful if we could choose which country's release date we want to appear on the calendar, that way we would always know when we can actually go see the movie (anywhere and everywhere).

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Import watched status from Netflix csv

Hi, from my account in Netflix I can download a csv of everything I've ever watched and the date I watched it. It would be tremendous if I could import all that into Trakt. Even better if I import is more than once, it shouldn't duplicate - such that I can do it periodically.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Network activity - show friend's rating of item

Hi,

Network Activity panel on dashboard should show rating of item, that my friend watched/collected (of course his rating and only when item was rated).

It shouldn't be major change, but when I see that my friend watched movie, I would like to know his rating without visiting his (or movie) page.

I guess it could be mentioned by someone somewhere, but I can't find it, so I've decided to post it as new idea (if it's duplicate - sorry)

franiis
    Piotrek

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Filter idea and a serach bar in within rating/collection section

When in your ratings page, instead of fading your lets say collected movies they should just disappear completely and only show the once that you haven't collected ... A mini search bar within your ratings and collection page would also be really helpful in quickly finding out if you have rated or collected a curtain movie/show.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Web App / Offline Support

Today browsers are getting more and more features to really feel like normal apps.
    One of the really exciting new features are Service Workers. They basically allow the caching of content locally which means that the website can even be opened without an internet connection (and loading the website in general would be faster and save bandwidth).
    Along with some other features (like Push Notifications) the trakt.tv website could feel like a normal application.

I guess it would be good to go in this direction because it's easier to enhance the website instead of writing 2 completely new native Android…

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Delete history from a specific date

I recently had an error (probably a problem with an app) and during a single day, my episode play count for all my shows doubled/tripled! I know you can remove the watched statuses one by one, but as I now have thousands of watches in one day, that is just impossible! Also, removing the watched for the entire show is just as absurd! Is there a way to remove all of your plays/watches of a specific date (say Feb 20), so I won't have these extra watches messing up my record? If there isn't, is there a way to implement…

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  8 comments  ·  Data Removal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add reviews for an episode

I like to read reviews from The A.V Club and/or IGN of an episode after I watched it. So I would like to know if it's possible to add links to the reviews of the episode because I know it might be difficult to acquire the reviews automatically and not all shows have reviews but it would be a cool feature if it was available thank you.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base