General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make 'Data refresh' available for everyone (improves it for everyone ;)

Hi,

so I changed some shows in TMDB. I guess I could now manually refresh it in trakt. Wouldn't it make sense to allow this for everyone? Currently, I would have to inform you (or support) and they do it manually... if you could just tell all wrong show info complainers to go to TMDB, fix it and they just hit refresh when done, you will never have to fix something manually ;)

thanks,
    chris

231 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Researching  ·  5 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Movie language matching with "original title"

After coming by this too often:
    Please rely on the original title language from TMDB only as a fallback. It's wrong on tons of foreign movies due to the fact that the field was added just over a year ago.

I would take the language field as the default and only if multiple languages are found do a comparison with the "original title". Wouldn't hurt to display all of them anyways though ;).

161 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  5 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Flag deleted TVDB shows

Trakt relies a lot on TVDB for shows. Sometimes TVDB has duplicates which eventually get fixed. But when that happens, these dupes are still available on Trakt.

I suggest coming up with a notification system that warns when a show has a TVDB entry disappear. Who would get notified? Well, mostly you guys, since you're the ones with the ability to remove dupes. Maybe you could also add a warning on the show page that the TVDB entry is gone and that Trakt admins are investigating.

This might cut down on dupes and the constant reports about them.

Note: this…

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Alternate show dates for different regions

Alternate show dates for different regions (i.e. Doctor Who on BBC America vs. Doctor Who on BBC One)

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Season Posters

I think there should be system so we can upload and vote for seasons posters or movie posters, for "perfect" customization. Maybe a vote system once a week for VIPs or all users? Mainly i have 3 matching posters for 3 seasons for Fargo. A harmony in all banners and posters would be "great!" interface for Trakt.tv!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. standalone movie or Sherlock special or both ?

Justin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented · December 16, 2016 19:17
    I fixe the 1st and 3rd, need to figure out the sherlock one since it has so many plays on it. It's somewhat of a "special" case since its not a normal episode of the show and does truly seem like a standalone movie.

https://trakt.tv/movies/sherlock-the-abominable-bride-2016
    https://trakt.tv/shows/sherlock/seasons/0/episodes/9
    (Sherlock: Specials _ Special 9 The Abominable Bride)

Wikipédia :

"Special (2016)
    On 2 July 2014, it was announced there would be a special episode broadcast between the third and fourth series.
    Moffat confirmed the episode is set in Victorian London, saying, "The…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Keeping as both for now. It’s weird since this is actually a movie so I think it makes sense there. TVDB allows movies to be added as specials under the show which is why it is there too.

We’ll have to figure out a set of “rules” in the future for this type of scenario.

7. Futurama wrong episode pictures

The Movie Database has the episodes listed in a different order to here, so all the episode pictures from season two onwards are wrong. The episode descriptions and titles seem to be correct, though.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Issue with conflicting TMDB and TVDB import

I've noticed at least one example where a show having different season delineation on TVDB and TMDB has lead to the seasons being named incorrectly.

For example: One Piece Season 3 runs from episode 31 to 47 on Trakt and TVDB. However it is incorrectly titled "Drum Island Arc" which comes from TMDB. This is because season 3 on TMDB runs from episode 78 to 91 (which is correctly titled Drum Island Arc).

Is it possible to prioritise one source for the information to avoid these issues?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base