General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create parent shows

It would be great to have a parent show that includes all seasons and episodes of its children shows.

For example a CSI parent show that would have all episodes for CSI Las Vegas, Miami and New York under one chronological list. I see all theses shows as one and would like to know what the next chronological episode is, and how many episodes are left in the group. Other examples would be NCIS, NCIS LA, NCIS NO, and The CW D.C., Arrow, Flash Super Gil, Etc.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lists Intersections

Hello,
    I would find it very useful if I could hide shows/movies which are (or are not) on other of my lists.
    For example, I have an "Oscar Race" list with all of the contenders for the Oscars 2017, and once the nominations are announced I could quickly check which ones did or didn't make the cut, just by choosing to hide the ones which were on the actual "Oscars 2017" list.
    This would also be helpful for someone who has lists based on mood, and could see in the "Feel-good" list which are also on the "Network Television" list…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Futurama wrong episode pictures

The Movie Database has the episodes listed in a different order to here, so all the episode pictures from season two onwards are wrong. The episode descriptions and titles seem to be correct, though.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the option to sort the watchlist by adding an extra word to the URL

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add YouTube video links to episodes

A good amount of shows have canonical versions of their episodes uploaded on YouTube.

It'd be useful if there was a way to "link" episodes with those specific YouTube videos.

This unique video ID (the part after /watch?v=) would ideally be exposed through the backend for API clients. As for the website, instead of embedding the video, a simple link would be fine since I don't think you guys are interested in turning Trakt into a viewing platform.

The reason I'm interested in this is, it's always been a hassle to keep track of your subscriptions and the content you…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sort shows by number of episodes left in current season

I would like to not only be able to sort shows by remaining runtime or total number of episodes left, but also by how many episodes remain in the season I can currently watching.

For instance, if I just watched Arrow Season 2, Episode 21, and last night I watched Walking Dead Season 4, Episode 15, it would be nice to sort by "episodes remaining in current season" to see that I only have 1 episode of Walking Dead left vs. 2 episodes of Arrow left, so I could finish one season of one show tonight.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Suggestion : Hide/Show option on tv show main page

Hi,

The idea would be to have two options on each tv show main page to see and handle the "Hide/Display" options for this show (in Calendar or progress page)

Just a thought, I think it would be nice.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Group list items by genre or year or other fields

Hi Justin,

I love the genre filters in collections and history, would be nice if there was like a submenu in Hide button for genres, if possible.

If not, it would be great (if possible) to add an option to group a list items by their type (tv/movie) or genre or year... etc, in the same way that history/collection item are grouped by days, using the separators.

Would be really helpful with mixed lists and watchlists. Please and thank you.

(also would be great if the sort options apply to each group's items, but I'm trying to not be greedy

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Same display/sort options for all pages

Can we please have the same display/sort options for all pages??

A few examples of what I mean.

- Be able to view a personal list by "last watched"

- On the main page lists Trending/Popular/Played etc. Be able to hide as well as fade

- after searching be able to use the filters to sort by most popular/Plays/date etc.

- be able to reverse the sorting of all sort options, ie. Progress page cannot have "recently watched" reversed. Which would be great to see what I haven't watched for a while...

Basically, it would be great if the filtering…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sort by air date of next episode

It would be cool to have, in the Watched Progress & On Deck, the option to sort by "Next episode to air", so that one can easily see which series needs to be caught up on the fastest.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show how movies or tv shows a list contains

Hi,
    On the lists search page, could you please add this ?
    http://tinyurl.com/hplhu94

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Network activity - show friend's rating of item

Hi,

Network Activity panel on dashboard should show rating of item, that my friend watched/collected (of course his rating and only when item was rated).

It shouldn't be major change, but when I see that my friend watched movie, I would like to know his rating without visiting his (or movie) page.

I guess it could be mentioned by someone somewhere, but I can't find it, so I've decided to post it as new idea (if it's duplicate - sorry)

franiis
    Piotrek

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Recently Viewed (actors)

Being quite fond of imdb's feature "Recently viewed" which is keeping track of recently visited actors pages, I wonder if something like this is possible and of course desirable within trakt.tv.

Together with https://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/4215471-recent-visitors-to-your-profile this could add a new information angle and later on help finding trakt buddies of similar taste.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Co-productions ?

Hi,

The countries involved in a tv show or movie is a really interesting detail.

Tmdb has this info under "Production info" > "Production countries"
    Could you import it ?

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Notification Emails Not Rending Right in Outlook

The new notification emails are awesome, but they are showing pretty big in Outlook. http://imgur.com/eyb9e46

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Differentiate between ep, season and show

In collection (trakt.tv/users/user/collection), maybe the overview would be better if it automatically shows a tv- series as one season if all episodes in said season has been collected. Same if all seasons in one series have been collected.

As it is right now, it will show every episode (in All Types). The episodes clutter the view;

If I own a DVD with season 1 of Breaking Bad, I do not want this listed as seven individual units, but rather one unit, because it is one season on one DVD.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow users to add any show they want to the 'on deck to watch' category

For example if I'm watching a show that I have previously watched, it won't show up on my 'on deck to watch', but if there was an option to allow users to add any show they want onto the 'on deck to watch' category it would be better and more convenient for us.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add bunch of movies to a list

I'd like to check how many movies I watched for an actor.
    So I serached the actor and found his fimography.
    But I can't filter those movies by watched or listed or collected like I do for a list, so I thought I could create a dummy list and add all his movies to it, but there is no fast method to do that. The only way is to add every single movie to the list, but for some prolific actors it could last forever.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A check-in in Facebook should be synced with Trakt

Problem: Have to redundantly check-in to Facebook and Trakt while watching a movies in theatres. Also Accessing Trakt through mobile is not so friendly

Solution: Connect the FB account to Trakt. Read status so that while someone is "Watching" something you can check-in the same movie into Trakt and Scrobble it

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Social  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. aditional discover functinality based on unpopular shows/movies with great ratings

like trakt.tv/shows/popular but for unpopular shows and movies

ps.: i would also love to have newly premiered and returned instead of having only anticipated

pps.: it would also not be bad to have api support for more kinds of sorting :D

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base