General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide a Simplified Tracking Option

There should be an option in the settings menu that allows users to choose the tracking level they desire (for example, a dropdown list called "Tracking Level" with the options "basic", "standard" and "data nerd").

When a user sets their level to basic, they will not be required to record watch dates and can view their lists without any indication of the watch date. This will essentially simplify tracking to a watchlist, watched history, collected and rated. The only date visible could be a "date added" which simply indicates when you added it to a list in Trakt.

Reason for…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Actor's page : separate or differentiate shows from movies

Hi

Actor's page : separate or differentiate shows from movies

This would help

Thaks

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Same display/sort options for all pages

Can we please have the same display/sort options for all pages??

A few examples of what I mean.

• Be able to view a personal list by "last watched"

• On the main page lists Trending/Popular/Played etc. Be able to hide as well as fade

• after searching be able to use the filters to sort by most popular/Plays/date etc.

• be able to reverse the sorting of all sort options, ie. Progress page cannot have "recently watched" reversed. Which would be great to see what I haven't watched for a while...

Basically, it would be great if the filtering and sorting options were…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Concise History

Make "History" a nicer, concise list of your viewing activity. Letterboxd does this perfectly with their "Diary" page. Trakt's "History" page is close, but the icons for each ep/show are too big so you have to scroll down a lot and hit "next page" in order to see what you watched in just the last week, let alone last month/years. Simply show the date watched on left, then a small scaled show icon, title of the show and the episode title. That's it... on just one line. Clean and simple. Thanks for the consideration!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Plot Keywords. User can thumbs up if agree. Info taken from www.themoviedb.org

On TV Show/ Movie information pages you can add a list of Plot Keywords. For Example: post-apocalyptic , superhero , future .
    This information should be available from www.themoviedb.org

I would think it would be cool to also add a user thumbs up for each keyword on the info page. So the users can decide which keywords fit the best from themoviedb list. You can then show the more favored ones differently then less thumbed up ones.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. scrolling bug

on any part of the site it is not possible to scroll the left frame/navigation panel.
    examples: i have many saved filters, to be able to select the last one i need to scroll the movies all the way to the end until also the left side scrolls.
    or
    when on any movie detail site you have to scroll movie description and comments all the way to the end befor you can see the info in the left frame of the site.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yeah, this is how the sidenav locking plugin we have currently works. It also depends on your vertical resolution. One idea I have is making the individual sidenav sections collapsable to help reduce the height.

7. Grouping movies into sets for your collection and list's

Sort your movies into sets for better organization. Movies sets are for sequels or movies that are otherwise apart of a directly related series.

Kodi does it here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Distinction between voice actors and actors in stats

I don't know if any one else has the issue but I for one am watching many movies and series in different languages, so I have no connection to the voice actors you are showing me in my stats that I have "watched". Also I'm watching many animes, which also makes it quite difficult to find the actors I have watched on the silver screen. It's just an idea that it would make it easier for people who see many animated series/movies to get also a list of actors they see and not only hear. Thanks for reading :)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Track how an episode was seen

I think that it would be nice to have a feature for tracking what channel or from what streaming service did you watch something. Also, on films you could track at what cinema did you watch the film

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. List view as an alternative to grid view

Make a written list of movies and show people have watch in alphabetical order. Include in it the rating given by the user and comments they may wish to write about the movie or show. This will make for a more condensed and orderly way of viewing your movies and shows.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. metadata bulk changes

I hope I am not just missing such a thing .... but I was looking at the options of adding metadata to entities. I have a large collection, and going in to each one of them individually is just not something I would take the time to do. Are there options to select multiple entities and do a bulk apply of a set of metadata? I do see the ability to change each individual entity

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add VRV

vrv.co is a new site by CrunchyRoll to watch anime, but it also pulls in Shudder, Funimation Online, and other content sites.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Search option on History page

Could we have a search option on https://trakt.tv/users/me/history

So I can search only what I have watched before

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. iPhone search bar

When clicking the search icon on the mobile website (Safari iOS) the search bar shows, but the keyboard does not automatically pop up. You then have to start the tedious process of trying to click on the search bar in order to actually type something.

Tested this on android: no problem, the keyboard Even pops up at once when the search icon is clicked.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Clone confirmation

Ask for confirmation before just cloning a list and maybe add the option to set the typical list settings like privacy, title, etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Chinese database/infowiki support for Asian films

Add support to display Chinese database/infowiki links for non-existent IMDB/Wikipedia links (vastly affected on Asian films), ex: https://trakt.tv/movies/links-love-2014

Chinese database for movie info:
    https://movie.douban.com/subject/25851748/

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Making network groups

Making network groups for sharing Ratings, Collections, Comments etc

My idea in general is to add an option for making public/private groups. On these groups there we will be this features:
    - Share each member's rating, see the average rating between all the members and compare it to the general ratings.
    - Share statistics.
    - Private discussion for each movie/tv show, only between the members.
    - Share recommendations.
    - See each member collection.
    - See "people watching now" only from the member of the group.
    etc...
    * Join members, Admin could confirm new members

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Windows Store to List of Supported "Watch Now" Sources

You have a great list of sources for the "Watch Now" functionality but the Windows Store never seems to show which leads me to believe it's not supported. The prices are basically the same from from the other sources, but since I get points for purchases on the Windows Store, it would be great to have this listed as well.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Secondary Sort of Progress or Other Areas

We use most episodes left as the sorting method for watched progress. When the same amount of episodes are left there doesn't seem to be an order those are sorted by. The main issue comes when shows are 100% completed. It would be nice if they could be sorted by some sort of method at that point. Specifically I would like them to be ordered by the ones with the soonest next episode air date and the ended shows in the way back. I hope this all makes enough sense.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Filters & Sorting Order

I have some things to say about in this topic:

• Can you remove "People" type filter in watchlists, since you can't add nobody to it?

• Can you add a filter (hide/fade) to watchlisted items in other lists?

• Can you add a sort direction button to other sections too? Like, for example, collection, history, rating and progress. If you do this you can remove some sort orders from ratings and progress, since there are opposite ones.

Thank you.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base