General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Another source for data for anime.

I recommend using Myanimelist as another source for your anime section. It's a large database dedicated just to anime. It also shows many things such as popularity, user ratings, what's airing and what's upcoming and most favorited. Here's the link to the website if you're interested.
    https://myanimelist.net/

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Personal Top 10

It will be cool if everyone had a custom Top 10 for both shows and movies and we will be able to choose which show/movie are in the Top and choose the order.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the option to sort the watchlist by adding an extra word to the URL

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Progress for movies

it collects box sets, e.g. all star trek, ice age, carry on, american pie, die hard movies

and it should include not only official box sets

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Divide the watchlist in pages

The watchlist is just one page and with around 800 films let's say I could watch all those films before the page loads.

Why can't the watchlist have pages? Like 100 items in the 1st page, 100 on the 2nd and so on.

I had to create custom lists to serve as "new" watchlist because the watchlist is unusable. Yes I can hide tv shows or movies but the page is so heavy that my browser often crashes before it loads. And with around 800 films just hiding the tv show doesn't make the page lighter.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Recently Viewed (actors)

Being quite fond of imdb's feature "Recently viewed" which is keeping track of recently visited actors pages, I wonder if something like this is possible and of course desirable within trakt.tv.

Together with https://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/4215471-recent-visitors-to-your-profile this could add a new information angle and later on help finding trakt buddies of similar taste.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Trash" for recently removed plays

Having just had an app delete an old play from last year when I thought I was adding a new one, I see a need for a "trash" where old plays go when removed for some time (14 days? 30?) before being permanently removed from the database. Often I can extrapolate the time of an accidentally removed play from surrounding episodes of the same show, but in this case that isn't possible.

I don't know if it's worth adding to the API, though.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Users can add recommendations on a movie/show page -along with a comment-

Like the way MyAnimeList.net does. people can post recommendations and appear in the movie/serie page like the comments does.. the recommendations with more likes show up first.

this can replace the actual recommendations system, which, obviously suck.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Group episodes in season dumps in calendar

Netflix and other platforms are starting to premiere seasons all at once, making the calendar (I have the grid view) really long. I think that if 3 or more episodes premiere on the same day you should do like a stack, saying that season X premieres, or that episodes 14 to 26 premiere or something like that.

So you get an idea of the problem: http://i.imgur.com/Cao7wOJ.jpg

Thank you :)

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Season Finales Date

Hello,

Everyone knows it would be extremely helpful if trakt highlighted the season finale episode. However, I understand you don't have where from to get this information automatically.

I found this page on sidereel of a calendar with it, but I don't know if you can collect it easily. Anyway, http://www.sidereel.com/tv-premieres-finales-calendar

Good luck.
    Keep up the good work!

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Better Favorite Sections

Make the favorite show and movie sections independent of the user's show and movie ratings. Not every favorite is of a highly rated quality and not every high quality rated show or movie is a personal favorite.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mutually Exclusive Lists

Allow certain personal lists to be marked as mutually exclusive, meaning that if i add an item to such a list, it should automatically be removed from any other mutually exclusive list.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. aditional discover functinality based on unpopular shows/movies with great ratings

like trakt.tv/shows/popular but for unpopular shows and movies

ps.: i would also love to have newly premiered and returned instead of having only anticipated

pps.: it would also not be bad to have api support for more kinds of sorting :D

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Lock lists

Allowing lists to be "locked". So a movie can't be added or removed from the film page. It can be annoying when a list is "complete" (ex. a film festival or the Top X from year Y) and by mistake I add a movie who has nothing to do in this list because I clicked the wrong one. It hold no sense to propose me to add the movie to a list when the list is "locked" or "finished"

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show only Shows I have unwatched collected episodes of in Progress

When looking at the progress page, I can see all the shows I have started, but have unwatched episodes for. If I look at my collection, it's all about finishing the collection.

I'd like to filter/combine that together a bit more. I'd like to see a list of shows that I have in my collection, yet haven't finished watching. That is, ny show I have with unwatched episodes. Possibly with another option to only show the shows that I have a complete collection for (so I don't get stuck in the middle).

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create hide field to remove tv seasons which have finished but haven't ended.

I like to binge watch tv shows but I hate watching halfway through a season and realizing that it hasn't finished. The idea is to hide seasons/tv shows off of the progress page which haven't finished airing for the season.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We usually don’t enough data to know that a season is still in progress or not. Usually episodes are added to the season as it progresses and not all up front. I’ll move this to researching so we can look into later if we get more accurate data.

17. Hide collected shows from the calendar page

So my Plex library syncs to Trakt, so I have a pretty big collection of shows that I'm watching and a good amount of shows that I'm not watching. After initializing this sync I realized that my calendar page now includes collected shows that I have on my server (like Powerpuff Girls) but do not watch. If I "hide" collections then it will hide the shows that I do watch as well.

I'd like a way to disable collections from interfering with the calendar page as a whole so that it still behaves like it did before (a show appears…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Friends watched or followings watched ?

If I follow someone who's profile is not private,

I would be happy to see if he watched a movie/episode when you go on the movie/episode's page.
    This only works if you're friends. But since the profile is public, I could go and check it manually. Which is a bit a waste of a time.
    My point is it should be
    Followings with public profil as minimal requirement to see it on those pages.

| 357 watching now | 2 followings watched | Rated by 1 following |

I assume here that ratings are available if profile is public

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ratings Hide Watched/Unwatched

To help find item i have rated but not watched could you add the option to hide Watched/Unwatched items in the Ratings page. like in the history page you can hide rated items to find items you have watched but not rated.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a custom filter to progress page

I personally watch 40-50% of my shows with my other half, and would love to mark shows as such so I can filter to shows only I am watching on the progress page.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base