General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. metadata bulk changes

I hope I am not just missing such a thing .... but I was looking at the options of adding metadata to entities. I have a large collection, and going in to each one of them individually is just not something I would take the time to do. Are there options to select multiple entities and do a bulk apply of a set of metadata? I do see the ability to change each individual entity

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow to reorder Watchlist

Allow to reorder Watchlist in the personal lists page? It's not that important to be featured at the top.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. TMDB Episode groups

TMDB went ahead and made episodes groups available in the API. TVDB failed kinda hard with their V2 and has this feature nowhere with an ETA. Would it make sense to implement them anyways based on the corresponding TMDB#? The major issues will most likely be things containing specials but the same already holds true with today's mappings.

https://blog.themoviedb.org/latest-api-updates-3d7ead1ecaf9
    https://developers.themoviedb.org/3/tv-episode-groups/get-tv-episode-group-details

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change the default sorting method for liked lists.

I'd like to be able to change the default sorting method for other peoples lists that I have liked.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add notifications for “friends starts watching” event

Add Desktop/Pushover notifications on friends activity.

For instance, when I am following someone I like to keep track of what they are watching to see if there's something interesting for me.

Instead of only exploring my friends' activity on my dashboard I would like to receive real-time notifications when they start watching a movie or episode.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Progress Filters

In Progress view, there are options to filter by Completed and Ended. However this filters as Completed OR Ended. I'd like for an option to filter as Completed AND Ended, so any that I have seen all episodes but is an ongoing series is still visible. And any that have ended but I haven't finished watching are visible.

Thanks

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatic Dark Knight Mode

On twitter (at least the mobile app) you can schedule the night mode on 'automatic' so that it turns on at sunset and off at sunrise.
    Based on the Time Zone settings we chose I guess this could be possible

Thanks

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VIP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great idea and something I’ve been thinking about too. I would probably allow the user to specific their own start and end time, and possibly do something automatic if I can find a good way based on your time zone.

8. A more personalized and complete list (Like MyAnimeList)

What i find really annoying with using trakt, is the way you have to seperate shows or movies into seperate list for your personal "status" on that show (Like i need to make my own list for shows that i have dropped, have on hold or have completed (and you have the default Watchlist for shows you want to watch.))

So what i think would immensely help organize our shows/movies, is to have a more "Complete list" of every show/movie and their own "Status", like they do on MyAnimeList. (Or we could just have a new system of "tagging" shows,…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Estimated Date/Time When I Will Catch Up/Complete This Show At The Rate I Am Watching Episodes

I have this as VIP since this is a little more complex but it would work fine non-VIP as well.

What I was thinking was that when you pull up a show's main page, it will show an estimate of when you will ether catch up or finish watching the show.

Here is an example of the math for it to work.... at least I think it works. But it should give you a general idea of how it may function.

Key:
    b = Average time between episode plays for that show.
    x = Time since last played episode for…

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  4 comments  ·  VIP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Flag inaccurate or non-existent content for removal/correction

There have been numerous movies I've found that may be in the process of being made, but somehow they get a bad release date, and then they show up in my feed.

For example, "I, Robot 2" is listed as coming out on June 15, but obviously it's not. https://trakt.tv/movies/i-robot-2

It'd be nice if there was a "report inaccurate information" link. I've already tried the "Refresh Data" link a week or two ago, and nothing happened.

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Started  ·  5 comments  ·  Data Removal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Dashboard & Friends activity

One area where trakt currently is severely lacking is keeping up with your "network"/"friends". The number of people you can follow before the dashboard looses it's usefulness is probably a mere 3 users. Capping out at 12 recent items is quite harsh. A single casual user these days can probably nuke that feed in an evening alone (watching, collecting, commenting, lists, etc.). Going above that you can pretty much scratch that area of trakt. If you want to find out what certain people are enjoying you are forced to click on their profile AND "study"
    their history (at least for…

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Whats Music in that Movie/Show or Episode of Show (Soundtrack)

Have informations about the soudtrack of the Movie/Show/Episode is very cool

Maybe a integration with https://www.tunefind.com/ or http://www.what-song.com/

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. [API] Users/watched to include number of seasons/episodes in show/season

The results from users/watched shows to include how many seasons are actually in the show, and how many episodes there are in the season.

Then it would be possible to calculate percentage the user has watched of the show without pulling information from every single show to make the calculation.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hide Seasons (or specific episodes) in the Calendar

When you hide a season from your watch next, it still appears on your calendar. If you try and hide it on the calendar, it hides all of the episodes for the show. This would be great for picking up a show partway through a run, or dropping a show if you want to stop watching.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a way to flag duplicates directly from item pages

Would it be possible to add some way to flag duplicates directly on the site?

For example adding a link "this is/has a duplicate" next to the "refresh data" that open a pop-up where you can enter a link to the duplicate/original of a movie/show, maybe even a comment if details are needed.
    It would be easier and quicker for user to inform you about them and you could even see the links that are flagged more often and correct them first.

It would reduce the number of support messages and make duplicate/error signaling accessible to the less curious of…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Most watched TV show" should be about total time

If I watch 10 5-minute-episodes, this doesn't really mean that the show should be prominently featured on my profile over a show with 8 episodes that are 1 hour each. How much someone likes a show is best shown by how much time they spend watching it; episode counts are arbitrary and favor sitcoms over real shows.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ignore apostrophe and accents in search

Right now if you search a title (e.g. "L'illusionista") without putting the apostrophe, the search will not find anything.

It would be cool if the search API was more forgiving and simply ignore any missing apostrophe or accented letter.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I'd like to be able to ignore users

There are certain individuals writing WOTs for the lamest of episodes imaginable without saying much on a regular basis, or people deliberately spamming the comment section with multiple (different) >1k character comments (but 0-1min timestamp differences).

I'd like to set a user to be ignored to not see his/her reviews and shouts (or replies). It's greatly annoying to see that a recent episode has like 6-9 comments in total whereas 4-6 are from the same person upon expanding the comment section.
    Or see yet another review talking hot air about redundant, petty things for thousands of characters, pretty much without…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. «On This Day»-tab

I love Trakt and would sign up for a VIP membership within seconds if an «On This Day»-tab was added.

In «On This Day» you could 1) see what you watched on this day the previous years and 2) show which movies premiered and episodes broadcasted on this day (not ALL movies and episodes, but the ones that is in your collection or viewing history).

I hope I explained this well enough to understand. Keep up the great work!

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    VIP Ideas  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. search engine fault-tolerance

If I may, I'd like to ask for a slightly more 'forgiving' search engine which gives us humans the opportunity to do what we do best - make mistakes or at least be allowed not to be 100% precise all the time about our input, for instance searches including release years "Life (2015)", forgotten dots instead of space characters "Life.in.Pieces" and even more obvious spelling mistakes, which trakt at this point really does not approve of (= no results).

In my experience the IMDB engine does quite a good job in terms of 'fuzzy string searching' and I would love…

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base