General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Watchlist - Line Separator

I know we can hide Movies or TV Shows in the Watchlist.
    But a Separation line between the two would be nice.

If possible please look into this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Data Removal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. language field

https://trakt.tv/movies/evelyn-2012

If you look at the above movie, it shows under language: English. I know it does not specify, but that leaves me with the impression that the language of the audio / the spoken words are English. After watching the film, I do not think there is a word of English in it. I checked at TMDB and the original movie language is English, and that is because the title is English. This is the same format used for other places like Musicbrainz, the language is the language of the name/titles, not the language of the words contained within,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Movies Anywhere availability and link

It would be cool if there was something that indicated if a movie was available on Movies Anywhere (https://moviesanywhere.com/). As an example of what I mean, CheapCharts, a site that tracks movie prices on iTunes, Amazon, and Vudu, shows the Movies Anywhere logo on movies that are available on MA:

https://www.cheapcharts.info/us/itunes/movies/764632601/The-Dark-Knight

Ideally, though, I'd like to have it included as a service in the "Where to Watch" modal and have a link to the movie's page on MA. I realize that the services currently listed there are being pulled from JustWatch, which doesn't include MA, so this data…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. RSS feed: history of new episodes

Moving from Followshows, which has an RSS feed of new episodes of shows that I follow. Each day, the new episodes of that day are added to the feed, as "news items" – like RSS is supposed to work in other words.

I can't seem to find a way to create the same functionality in Trakt – the closest is using a My Shows/ Weekly Shows calendar RSS with a limit of 1 day. This does not give me the history, though, as I can't see episodes released yesterday or last week.

In other words – the Trakt RSS seems…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Include specials in CSV export

In the progressed watched CSV export it doesn't show how many specials you watched. Is it possible to add this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VIP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Movie studios and guest roles at Year In Review

I noticed that there are two new features added at the Year In Review and All Time Stats:

1) Movie studios are now listed in the same way TV networks are listed
    2) Guest roles are now included at most watched actors/actresses

Would it be possible get a list from a certain movie studio to see all movies I have seen from that particular studio? This would be the same as the networks where
    https://trakt.tv/users/virinr/history/shows/plays?network=FX shows me the list of FX series I have seen whereas
    https://trakt.tv/users/virinr/history/movies/plays?network=Marvel%20Studios could show me all Marvel Studios movies I have seen.

I love that…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VIP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fairly major data removal required for the show 'Q&A'

Hi there,

Not sure if there's a way to easily reassign people's watches on a show but I recently corrected the season numbering on TVDB for the Australian discussion show 'Q&A' following the recent rollout of the new version of TVDB. This means the data now matches up between TVDB and TMDb, so the larger banner images for episodes came through, as does the cast information.

https://trakt.tv/shows/q-a

Unfortunately, this also means the previously imported data from TVDB is still there, causing a lot of redundant information - 12 seasons worth. The seasons were previously listed by year on TVDB, so…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Reject duplicate plays to history

I don't do regular housekeeping of my trakt data and things are prone to get messy due to various bugs in apps and plugins but I'll always end up with duplicate plays at some point. Many of those end up going from check-ins to plays at the same timestamp which shouldn't get accepted as valid by the site at all imho or at least end up getting merged. Despite not not being advertised outside of some support threads and a single kodi forum thread I end up getting a lot of visitors on my duplicate removal script (500+ last year)…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  9 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Episodes in grid format on Progress page

Hello,

There are only 6 "Up-To-Next" episodes on home page and personal progress page only shows episodes on right side as list.

It would be really great see them like the watchlist so it will be easy to decide watch shows to watch.

https://i.imgur.com/kcu65Le.png

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  11 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Facebook share pop pup after FB changes.

Hello :)
    so, i guess FB agress with fake news, but not apps auto post :P
    the movies and shows need a social share zone / buttons to be able for manual share =)

thanks in advance.

Pedro @ Trakt.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Social  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "Favorite Genres" only counting movies?

Why does the "favorite genres" section only seem to count movies? For example, I watch a lot of SciFi and wondered why it doesn't show up in my Top 5 genres. Counting the entries in my history by genre, I have 440 movie plays and 2,052 episode plays (49 shows) for SciFi content, while I have 458 movie and 1,975 episode plays (33 shows) for "Adventure", which shows up as the last of my Top 5 genres. So with total plays as well as episode and show count, SciFi should be listed above Adventure - the only metric where Adventure…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create Sublists (i.e. Nested Lists)

Is there a way to create sublists (nested lists) in Trakt? It would really help with organization if we could create some kind of list hierarchy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Removal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make 'Progress list' look like 'Watchlist'

Okay, not MAKE, but an option!

WatchList style will make it really nice and easy to decide what show to continue watch.

Anyways,

Progress list page currently it looks like this
    https://i.imgur.com/YGu0wJr.jpg

And this is how it will look (WatchList style)
    https://i.imgur.com/n4rYKGf.jpg

Current progress page only shows 3 shows on landing page or 4 if scrolled down. Proposed one will show a lot of shows on a single page!

I already suggested this over a year ago here. It was even marked as "Planned".
    https://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/35708965-episodes-in-grid-format-on-progress-page

But not a lot of people were interested because of my weird title and confusing…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sort Custom Lists by Episodes Left

Hello, a fairly simple request I think. It would be quite useful if we could sort custom lists by number of episodes left.
    Currently it can be done in the progress page, so maybe it wouldn't be that difficult to add it to custom lists as well, or alternatively to filter the progress shows by a custom list.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please fix these entries

Each one of these entries either has an incorrect TMDB URL, or shouldn't be listed in Movies as it is a TV-Mini-Series. They most likely have duplicate entries as well. If links are requested, I will do my best. But it would be nice not to.

The list.

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog          

Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice (Ultimate Edition)
    The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Extended)
    Battlestar Galactica
    Family Guy Presents: Something, Something, Something, Dark Side
    The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Extended)
    The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add streaming service filters to progress page

I'd like to be able to filter my progress page to only show unwatched episodes that are available in my streaming service(s) of choice (and my location). It usually takes a long time between episodes going live and them appearing, for example, on Netflix.

Similarly, it would be nice to have an RSS feed that notifies when episodes go live on chosen streaming service(s).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    VIP Ideas  ·  0 comments  ·  VIP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Include the date of the last play inside the episode # popup.

Include the date of the last play inside the episode # the popup from the Shows progress "View Seasons"/"Season #" drop-down menu https://imgur.com/dtUraKE

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base