General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alternate show dates for different regions

Alternate show dates for different regions (i.e. Doctor Who on BBC America vs. Doctor Who on BBC One)

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Researching  ·  4 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Next chapter to check-in shown on the serie's homepage.

It would be great if the next chapter to check-in was shown on the serie's homepage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show only Shows I have unwatched collected episodes of in Progress

When looking at the progress page, I can see all the shows I have started, but have unwatched episodes for. If I look at my collection, it's all about finishing the collection.

I'd like to filter/combine that together a bit more. I'd like to see a list of shows that I have in my collection, yet haven't finished watching. That is, ny show I have with unwatched episodes. Possibly with another option to only show the shows that I have a complete collection for (so I don't get stuck in the middle).

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show who liked my comment

Show the people who liked a comment. Just like on Facebook, so you can see who liked your comment.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Import my movie rating from Flixster.com

I'd like to import all my ratings from flixster.com

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    VIP Ideas  ·  5 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Link to Metacritic.com

if it is possible can you add a link to Metacritic.com for Movies and TV Shows, like the links to wikipedia and IMDb. It would be good to see critic reviews and scores for Movies/TV Shows

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Better Favorite Sections

Make the favorite show and movie sections independent of the user's show and movie ratings. Not every favorite is of a highly rated quality and not every high quality rated show or movie is a personal favorite.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Watching duration

It would be nice to get an overview of how long it took to watch every season of a tv show.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  6 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. List view as an alternative to grid view

Make a written list of movies and show people have watch in alphabetical order. Include in it the rating given by the user and comments they may wish to write about the movie or show. This will make for a more condensed and orderly way of viewing your movies and shows.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make it possible to add location to a check-in

Please add the possibility to add location with a check-in, similar to Facebook or Twitter so we could track if we watched a video in the cinema or at home. A connection to Foursquare would be nice to for a list of close locations.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Comments with progress timestamps (in e.g. XBMC)

When you are watching something and you see a specific scene, it could be neat to have the ability to post a comment for that specific time in video.

E.g.
    Comment: "Best quote ever! owned!"
    Stamp: Game.of.Thrones.S01E02.720p.HDTV(00h27m57s-00h29m07s)

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Liking/Commenting on a friend's activity feed

Ability to like items on a friend's feed. Or comment on them. Like when they start watching a show you really really love and you want to talk to them about it.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tagging friends when checking in

I was thinking about a function where you could (when checking in) to tag someone who's listed as one of your friends. This way would save time when two or more persons that have trakt account watch something together. I say that based on my own experience, when I'm with friends and everyone stops to check in. what would be easier if only one could do that and tagging the other. Of course, that would mean that would have to implement too some kind of mechanism where you would allow some people to tag you and later you could just…

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  4 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Compare watched progress with another user

Compare your watchprogress with another user (like e.g. in steam).

Would be nice to have the possibility to compare the own progress with one (ore more) other users side-by-side.

Like http://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/3595512-compare-watchlists-with-another-user- this could increase the social process, like whatching episodes, which both are missing together and so on

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Christmas/Holiday genre to recommendations

Add a Christmas/Holiday genre to the movie recommendation area.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In collection, but not seen by you or some of your friends

Be able to figure out among friends which movie I have that nobody have seen. (Perfect when you are planing a movie night, and you are able to suggest movies people haven't seen yet)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. better list management

better, easier, faster list management

• manage lists together -> list with all cool tv shows, mark some for me, my girlfriend, which we want look together

• other users can see what items are new on the list

• read the summary and tag it

• better communication when lists change, notifications for "new item added", "item changed by other user", ...

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Chat rooms per movie, show, and episode

If there is chat room that keeps the people who watch the same thing in touch so they can chat about it while they are watching , that would be a lot of fun ,,,, thank u

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. TV listing + guide

So I watch a lot of tv shows in one day it would be cool if u add a tv guide only for the states and canada or any other major country like that I know that if I miss an episode at 10 I could watch it at 12 I know this is a long term project and most probably get declined but it would be cool to have everything under one webdite

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Live commenting feature (like soundcloud)

commenting feature that displays user comments of checked in users at the point during the episode that they posted it, like on soundcloud

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base