General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

How can we improve Trakt?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Live commenting feature (like soundcloud)

commenting feature that displays user comments of checked in users at the point during the episode that they posted it, like on soundcloud

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Long Term  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Rankings

I kind of find the "totally ninja" and "weak sauce" rankings to be somewhat... confusing. (For instance, when a tweet got sent out that I gave an episode of Breaking Bad 'totally ninja,' it was received with more confusion than anything).

Since we all have different tastes and subjective opinions on how we feel about television and film, I was wondering if there was a way custom rankings could be implemented? Where we could edit the 1 and 10 rankings ourselves, since I'd call an episode that gets a ten "Perfect," but somebody else might think of it more as…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    VIP Ideas  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. After signup, optimize new user flow to add all the movies I've seen

The first thing I want to do after signing up is to add all the shows and movies I've seen. This isn't really accommodated very well with the current flow. I would expect the option to view all movies in the db (with various sort options - alpha numeric at least). I'd also really expect the option to hide all movies I've seen from all search results (featured, trending, full list, etc.) to help me get it done. Since I'd want to add literally thousands of movies to my Seen list (valuable data that you want me to enter), you…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Popular Actors, Directors and other Cast.

Just how you can sort for the most popular television shows and movies, it would be nice to also bring up the most popular actors, directors and other cast members.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Watch a TV Show or Movie with a friend

Often times, I don't watch movies or TV shows alone, but with friends. It would be nice, if only one person would check into a movie/show and mark the others. That way you could not only track which shows/movies you have watched, but also with whom.

If you would like to make things more complex, you could link a foursquare profile to your trakt account and check in (movies/shows) those friends who are checked into the same venue as you are. But that's maybe over the top ;)

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [idea] "My Top 10" default user list

What do you say about a list called "My Top 10" that every user has by default.
    The max count of items on that list is 10, no more.

Use case could be a page like http://trakt.tv/movies/popular where the most favored items of all trakt members are displayed.

This way we could narrow the many thousend of popular items to a top 100.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [idea] check items on friends lists

Lets say I am on a movie page, and I click on "lists" I'll get for example here: http://trakt.tv/movie/thor-the-dark-world-2013/lists
    The given navigation elements are: "Personal" "Official" "Watchlists" "All" - of all members of trakt.
    On those pages it would be fantastic to filter JUST the list of friends (or people I follow) - so I could see if he/she already has it on his/her watchlist or any personal list.

That way I don't have to recommend it anymore, when he/she knows it already.

Thank you!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hidden Shows - Additions!

Well - here's my idea. The ability to hide a show from your progress bar is great, but we all have guilty pleasure shows that we'd rather not tell everybody about. So being able to watch a show, check it in on the website and all, without making it visible to everybody would be great. Just being able to hide it from your public profile would be great.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Removal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Publich collected movies, shows, and episodes to facebook, twitter, etc

When i download a show\tv series\movie and rename them manually (or automatically using renaming software) and add them into my collection, I would like to have the option to enable notifications to twitter (especially) and maybe even facebook.
    This would come in handy especially when im using software that automatically downloads, renames and adds the files to xbmc and sends a notification to Trakt. Trakt then sends a notification to twitter & facebook. Hope that makes sense.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Social (Twitter, Facebook, Google)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Import from dvd profiler

What about importing your collection from DVD profiler?

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. News and articles about shows, movies, etc

I wonder if would be good a main page with news related to series or movies, news in general so we can use trakt for something more than just selecting what we see.. to use it like a real and trustworthy entertainment website.

Perhaps with a section dedicated to detect series that you've seen or are in your watchlist, so that you go there knowing that you'll read something of your interest.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Embedded Preview Trailers For Movies and TV Shows

When browsing the dashboard or home page on trakt, I occasionally find some interesting movies or TV shows that I would like to preview.

I thought it would be neat and convenient if a user can hover over a poster of a movie or TV show, and be able to view a trailer straight from trakt without having to search for it on youtube or through some other media source. Bascially if a user, hovers over the poster and clicks play, a pop out embedded video of the trailer would start playing.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Share badges with Achivy.com

I know the badges for Trakt haven't even really launched yet, but at some point it would be really great if they could be shared to Achivy. I imagine this would just be a question of making the badges available via the Trakt API so they integrate them into Achivy, right?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show more shout/review statistics about the different Trakt users on the shout/review page

Maybe its an idea to show more statistics on shouts and reviews of Trakt users.

For example the total amount of shouts can be shown a Trakt user has made and the total amount of likes for all the shouts someone has received besides the likes on the currently displayed shout or review.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tag your collected items

Give us the ability to tag movies, series and episodes in our collection, using tags.

Tags can be marked as private, seen by friends or been public, like it's happening with lists.

Tags can also have their own unique custom color and can be manipulated through Trakt's API.

An example would be to tag some movies for their location in user's library, i.e. in HDD #3 or in BluRay #41. If someone want to do the above example now, using lists, s/he would end up having an enormous number of lists.

Another example would be to indicate the format (i.e.…

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  6 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Categories for lists

Right now when you're looking for community lists you have to options to choose: Popular and Favorites. Since favorites are mostly good lists (of public interest), many of the other user lists are hardly worth anyone's time or a not supposed to be for the community but for their friends. Example for this: http://i.imgur.com/fZ0IF.png.
    To ease to process of finding some lists or what you're actually looking for categories would be a big improvement. These could then be chosen when creating a list.

Proposed example categories:
    - "Critics" or "Reviewers" / Lists by critics, review websites etc
    - "Best…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Writer, director, and guest stars for TV episodes

I was wondering if it's possible to get the Writer/Director information from TV-episodes over to trakt. Right now those are missing on the people page. Maybe connecting the show and an episode count would be enough?

TV-directors just get left off the site. But many well known film directors like Spielberg, Scorsese, Tarantino, Cameron, Hitchcock, J.J. Abrams and Lynch have had their hand in TV aswell (without credit on the site). Anthology series are another thing where this would be great.

Replaces: https://getsatisfaction.com/trakt/topics/writer_director_credits_on_tv_shows

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. microsoft

Please add Microsoft as a source of the "Watch Now" feature so it is easy to know/access content I can purchase and watch on Xbox/Windows devices. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 15 16 17 19 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base