General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. What do I know this actor/actress from? (filter actor/actresses shows/movies by watched)

Often I recognize an actor/actress, and I find their name, but I'm still not sure what show/movie I know them from. You have all the info needed to fix that!

I suggest there be a way to filter the shows/movies on a "people" page (trakt.tv/people/...) to only show the shows/movies that you've watched. This functionality will only improve in helpfulness as people update their trakt profiles to be more complete, and as trakt's actor database becomes more exhaustive.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. People's Pages - Show's Years

I would like to see one thing added to people's pages.

If they worked in a show, I think that description could have year wich started, and wich ended (if available). For example: 2008 - 2013

Also, in show's summary pages, this was available, did you remove it? Will you put it again?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add setting option to disallow marking episodes/movies as watched multiple times

I've been using Trakt for a little while and find it super cool. There are many plugins and it really helped me to automate the tracking of what I've watched.

But I personally don't care about the number of times I have watched a given tv show episode/movie (nor even the when). The only thing that matters to me is to know whether I've seen something.

It actually bugs me a lot to see something like "8,332 episodes (8,334 plays of 97 shows)"

Some time ago I synced a Plex server with Trakt and it marked everyhting as watched again.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Import TVDB AKA's if no TMDBid is linked

(or do that always anyways).

Currently you only import AKAs from TMDB. There used to be some AKA titles from TVDB in the past but not anymore. Would be great if those would at least be searchable if no TMDB entry is existent.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Refresh  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add reviews for an episode

I like to read reviews from The A.V Club and/or IGN of an episode after I watched it. So I would like to know if it's possible to add links to the reviews of the episode because I know it might be difficult to acquire the reviews automatically and not all shows have reviews but it would be a cool feature if it was available thank you.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Group episodes in season dumps in calendar

Netflix and other platforms are starting to premiere seasons all at once, making the calendar (I have the grid view) really long. I think that if 3 or more episodes premiere on the same day you should do like a stack, saying that season X premieres, or that episodes 14 to 26 premiere or something like that.

So you get an idea of the problem: http://i.imgur.com/Cao7wOJ.jpg

Thank you :)

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rss Feed For Recomendations

It would be nice to add an RSS feed for Recommendations so that could be integrated with ifttt.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    VIP Ideas  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Import more/all credits

It would be great if there was a way to get the complete credits for an item on the site. Limiting it to just the director and actors is overly simplistic.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Share stats

Hi,
    It would be nice to add a button to share our statistics (watched movies and watched TV shows) on Twitter/Facebook.
    Thank you.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Social (Twitter, Facebook, Google)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Trending and friends by location

Would be nice to be able to filter the trending movies and shows by location (country,region,city), and also to find friends nearby

i live in italy and i have no idea how many people use trakt.

another thing could be importing imdb trending.. (maybe you already do that), and box office data

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Anticipated TV shows (add trailer icon)

Hi,

Thanks for having updated the anticipated items with Network and start date.
    I think if there is a trailer associated to the show it would be great to see it with a little icon. It does not necessarily need to be a video link to the trailer.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide an option between the default grid view and a simplified list view for your history

I want to be able to see all the shows/movies I've watched, at a glance, in a simple vertical list, rather than in a large grid. The vertical list should be sortable by title, date started, date completed, number of episodes watched, etc.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Dashboard News for Show/Season

Hi,
    I really like the new implementations that have been made on dashboard (on deck to watch/upcoming schedule), I find myself hardly in need to go on calendar anymore.
    I had an idea for another block on dashboard, let me know what you think of this :
    News for shows you are watching that would let you know the changes in said shows, for example when you get the information a new season has been ordered/renewed or when a show has been cancelled/ended. I do believe it would be extremely useful. Especially for some - a little unknown - shows…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Plot Keywords. User can thumbs up if agree. Info taken from www.themoviedb.org

On TV Show/ Movie information pages you can add a list of Plot Keywords. For Example: post-apocalyptic , superhero , future .
    This information should be available from www.themoviedb.org

I would think it would be cool to also add a user thumbs up for each keyword on the info page. So the users can decide which keywords fit the best from themoviedb list. You can then show the more favored ones differently then less thumbed up ones.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Users can add recommendations on a movie/show page -along with a comment-

Like the way MyAnimeList.net does. people can post recommendations and appear in the movie/serie page like the comments does.. the recommendations with more likes show up first.

this can replace the actual recommendations system, which, obviously suck.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Edit watched status by date (in case of client glitch)

A misbehaving client can quickly mark thousands of movies or episodes as marked, incorrectly. To undo this takes considerable manual time. Since an error like this occurs quickly at once, there should be an option to unwatch everything watched on a specific date. This would allow a quick and easy solution for a major issue.

(In this case, I believe a dog sat on my keyboard. By hitting "W", it marked hundreds of movies as watched, wrongly.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. IFTTT playback status and scrobble triggers

I would really like to IFTTT triggers such as:

- Movie playback started
    - Movie playback paused
    - Movie playback resumed
    - Movie playback finished
    - Movie scrobbled
    - TV ep playback started
    - TV ep playback paused
    - TV ep playback resumed
    - TV ep playback finished
    - TV ep scrobbled

These could be used for all sorts of things such as triggering Hue lights to dim/turn off/turn on etc. during movie playback. Or adding the name of movies I watched together with the date I watched them to a Google spreadsheet.

Any chance this might happen?

I know…

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Social (Twitter, Facebook, Google)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I love the idea, but its going to take IFTTT wanting to do a deeper integration with Trakt. I’ve reached out a few times before, but maybe if users also message them it will get more traction.

18. Add filter for most popular(most followed/commented...) user lists

One thing I would love to see coming back from old site is the popular
    lists section where you could browse through most popular (liked/followed/commented) user lists. In the past I used this to discover some great movies this way! Example for a former popular list:
    http://trakt.tv/users/_varg/lists/great-movies-you-may-have-never-heard-of

I know that I can use the search to look for personal lists using:

http://trakt.tv/search/lists?q=afi

But there's no way to filter for most followed lists (month/year/week) as far as I know. What do you think?

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Delete history from a specific date

I recently had an error (probably a problem with an app) and during a single day, my episode play count for all my shows doubled/tripled! I know you can remove the watched statuses one by one, but as I now have thousands of watches in one day, that is just impossible! Also, removing the watched for the entire show is just as absurd! Is there a way to remove all of your plays/watches of a specific date (say Feb 20), so I won't have these extra watches messing up my record? If there isn't, is there a way to implement…

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  8 comments  ·  Data Removal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Idea: Community Moderators

Hi,

Trakt is growing bigger and bigger, with the new v2 it's obvious that you guys are a little bit shortstaffed.

It isn't easy to manage 800k users and this huge pile of data with 10 people or something like that. hence, there is a need for external voluntary help.

For example, you have GoodReads, it's a huge social network for books, it relays on a 'librarian' system where people can apply to be a 'librarian', a librarian can add books and edit current ones, add posters and stuff like that, then there's superior librarians who have more power and…

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Long Term  ·  4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base