General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

How can we improve Trakt?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Watched episodes data shifted or removed in the 30 for 30 series

I noticed the other day that episodes in Season 3 of the 30 for 30 series have had their order shifted. Unfortunately, I can't tell what episodes were shifted where because TVDB doesn't show that info.

When it comes to Trakt, watched date/time and ratings that applied to an episode are now on the wrong episode. This caused episodes that I hadn't watched to be marked as watched and given ratings that I applied to the other episode. Some episodes seemed to just move ahead one or two places, but others I can't figure out. As an example, I watched…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There isn’t really a way for us to tell either unfortunately. Since we rely on the season number and episode, if TVDB shuffles it around Trakt isn’t able to moves the plays around.

2. Sports..

If you are truly tracking TV, why not have sports? Or a generic sports placeholder. Something like "College Basketball" and it's set to 2hrs. "NBA Basketball" and its 2.5hrs. "NFL Football" is 3hrs. You could do this for all sports.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, no plans to track sports right now. I don’t think having a generic check in really works and we’d need to have specific sporting event info in order to support this correctly.

3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add "trak.tv/u/username" URL?

Add "trak.tv/u/username" redirect URL? It'll look better to share.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Include specials for specific shows

Watched Progress: "Include Specials" only for specific shows option?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Lists within lists

It'd be nice to be able to have lists within lists. It'd make things more convenient and look nicer, I think.

Just a suggestion :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Movie Ratings not working

Movie ratings not working since a few days ago

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hiding Seasons Bug

When you hide a season, it doesn't appear in the "hidden" list in your settings. The alternative is to unhide "seen" shows, scroll all the way down, find your hidden season then click restore which is time consuming.

Any chance you could add individual season to the hidden list or add a Hidden Seasons page too to settings. Thanks

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. see if subtitle is available

Ability to see if the subtitles are available

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Request: New options for removing duplicate plays in History

Please add these options when pressing on the play mark when there is duplicate plays for a movie/episode:
    (In addition to the exist options of: Remove this play & Remove all plays)

1) Remove all plays except the first play.
    2) Remove all plays except the last play.
    3) Remove all plays except this play.

Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add to history show TV without air dates

Many old TV series, especially anime years 1980-1990 have the date of the first but no air dates of each episode.

If I want to add to history the series by trying "Right now", Release date "and" Other date "this error message appears" Doh! No aired episodes were found to watch. "At least the" Right now "should work, although being present the premiered date should work with all 3 methods.

I also tried to mark them as watched while viewing the season page, but the error still appears.

Mark every single episode on anime TV series of about 100-500 episodes…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we need episode air dates to know what has aired or not. If an episode doesn’t have an air date, it could be an unaired episode (or for other shows, a future episode that hasn’t aired yet). There is also the case where there are sometimes invalid episodes for a show. For all those reasons, that is why we rely on having an episode air date.

13. Tweak privacy choices, do NOT save them in a cookie

Due to the EU GDPR you recently introduced the "privacy" choices when you log in.

Considering data minimization is a key point in it, the default preselected options must be the ones that keep the data at a minimum. So, perhaps change the defaults to off, instead of on.
    But many websites don't care about this point.

Secondly, for god's sake, do NOT save those settings - that you only see when you login - in a cookie alone. That information is vital in a sense for the website to work correctly, so saving it on the account is justified.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Episodes without Aired date placed incorrectly when ordering list on Release date.

When a list of episodes is ordered on "Release date" the episodes without an "Aired" date are ordered as if they precede the episodes with an "Aired" date.

For example, when the list is ordered ascending, the episodes without an Aired date are placed before the episodes with an Aired date.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Movie (or show) comments and reviews

For this, please RE: https://trakt.tv/movies/the-kissing-booth-2018

In the above entity, the first and second reviews, while they do share the opinion, are not really useful to anyone. Is it possible to have some sort of "directions" to remind posters to make their post and comment(s) useful by not only adding the opinion, but also a reason why?

I have seen a lot of comments like this, and I do not post "why" to them all to avoid unnecessary posts. But there are many that I would actually be interested to hear the opinion of the person, especially on those where one…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

It is hard to enforce anything about the content of what is written, we also get a lot of comments through API apps and they won’t see any guidelines we put on the website. I think asking why in a reply is a great way to build the discussion.

16. Wrong Episode Count in Magnificent Century

The Episode Count in Magnificent Century is factually incorrect. Season 1 is correct with 24 episodes and the correct airdates - Although you do have 25 listed, with the 25 episode having no airdate. However, Seasons 2 should have 39 episodes, not 63 and some of the airdates are incorrect. Season 3 should have 40 episodes, not 92 episodes. While Season 4 should have 36 episodes, not 82 episodes. Although you have Season 5 on there which is also factually incorrect as the show finished after Season 4, therefore Season 5 doesn't exist.
    Here at TVDB: https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=228921&lid=7 - it supports…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Display more than just 3 comments/reviews per item

As said in the title. What other reasons can one have when scrolling down besides looking at comments? Might as well make it a bit more broad by showing a bit more.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I don’t think we should expand this number since there are popular lists and similar items under the comments section.

An alternative to scrolling down, is to click on the > in the sidebar or the comment stat up top. That will load the full comments page and a lot more comments to browse.

19. Separate Special Episodes and Specials

Hi,
    For a show like Doctor Who (2005) the specials section is just a complete mess. It's a big bucket of random items like real episodes (e.g. the Christmas Specials), mini stories (Time Crash - set in the continuity in the style of the show but lasting only 5 minutes), prequels to episodes, concerts with the show's music, documentaries about the show, documentaries about the original show.

This is a big problem. The christmas episodes, 50th anniversary episode should *not* be considered the same sort of the as "Special 119 Greatest Monsters and Villans (5) - The Ice Warriors"

In…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mark as seen without adding a time stamp

I miss the option of marking a show / movie as “watched” without adding a date. So I could add things watched in the past but still keep track on the actual watch-date of things I watch without mixing things up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base