General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dashboard thumbnails HUGE on mobile devices...

I hate the dashboard layout... it is glaringly annoying and gives me a headache... one major point in good UI is managing empty space (a necessity to avoid information overload) of which the dashboard (at least on mobile devices) has almost none of in between presented information.

Thumbnails are supposed to be small, hence the name. Allow a free setting for smaller or no thumbnails/posters on the dashboard to clean things up a bit. And/Or include some text information and create space between the objects. Minimal clutter and good use of space is a staple in well thought out and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show ID same as TV Show name

When i try to open the show "24"
    with trakt ID (1960)

it opens a Asian show from 1960 !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can I import my justwatch watchlist?

I like that you have Justwatch data for movies but I have several things in Justwatch itself before I found Trakt I wouldn't mind being able to import my watchlist there directly...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Episodes with No Air Date Have to Be Manually Scrobbled

Many obscure TV Series have no air date information on the website, except for usually the last or first episode. When I try to mark that entire show as watched it only marks one episode and I have to manually mark the rest. I was OK with marking 30 episodes, but I can't manually mark 90 episodesm like I have to with this show: https://trakt.tv/shows/deka-lepta-kirigma.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yes, this is as designed. We need air dates in order to know the episode actually aired. If we didn’t do that, future episodes would be marked as watched if the entire show or season was marked.

Any missing air dates can be added to TVDB and TMDB and Trakt will auto refresh about 24 hours after they are updated. Thanks.

6. Whose Line is it Anyway? Watch Now

Hi

I don't know if this is an issue with Trakt or Just Watch.

Whose Line is it Anyway? (USA 1998) Watch Now under United Kingdom has Chanel 4, Amazon Prime and Amazon. All these services link to the UK 1988 version of the show on the respective services.

I don't know if this is the same for other regions

Thanks!

WLIIA (USA 1998) - https://trakt.tv/shows/whose-line-is-it-anyway-1998
    WLIIA (UK 1988) - https://trakt.tv/shows/whose-line-is-it-anyway

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Watchlist, collected and watched continuously does not save.

Serious bug fix needed. Love this app in theory, but might need to drop it. On a daily basis I need to resave seasons or TV series. And when I try to add it to my watchlist, collected disappears. When I add it to collected, it disappears from the watchlist. It takes several attempts to work. And series I originally put on the watchlist, randomly disappear when I'm not even online or watching tv. Defeating the purpose of the app. Happens on multiple devices. ????

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When multiple episodes of Show X air at same time, collapse episodes in Calendar similar to how they're treated on the Dashboard

In these instances on the Dashboard, the multiple episodes are collapsed into one module, where the show title is listed only once, followed by one line each for episodes following the first one, e.g.

Feel Good
    1x01 Episode One
    Series Premiere
    6:00 pm on Netflix
    1x02 Episode Two
    1x03 Episode Three
    1x04 Episode Four
    1x05 Episode Five
    1x06 Episode Six

But on the Calendar, each episode has its own module. So we see the show title 6 times in this instance, and the same with airtime/network:

Feel Good
    1x01 Episode One
    Series Premiere
    6:00 pm on Netflix

Feel Good
    1x02…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Watch List automatically eliminates tv series.

My Watch List deletes current tv series, on a daily basis. These are not cancelled or postponed. I need to re add several shows to my Watch List every single day. Definitely rules out any purchases. It is random and quite frankly, after so many weeks now, pissing me off. Looking for other options that will keep keep my logs properly saved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Serious Bug. I was going to make a purchase but will not spend $ when my tv show Watch List needs re entering DAILY.

Serious Bug. I was going to make a purchase but will not spend $ when my tv show Watch List needs re entering DAILY.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Genre names with spaces or ampersands are cut off

I noticed that the German political satire show "Die Anstalt" is listed under "Comedy" and "War":
    https://trakt.tv/shows/die-anstalt

Well, the second genre doesn't make sense at all, until I noticed that on TheMovieDB, the genre is called "War & Politics":
    https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/73860-die-anstalt?language=en-US

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The new video add on top is covering the more button for watch next

As per the title the more button on watch next is covered by the new video add on top for safari on ios 12, Iphone X

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Duplicates In List

I'm currently in the process of creating a list for every single category in the Academy Awards. In order to make these lists perfectly I would need to be able to add items more than once. Specifically Actors or directors. Actors and Directors can win in the same category more than once and so not being able to add them messes up the list. I've created 2 so far and one of those already has the problem. There are multiple directors that have won Best Director and I can only add them one time.

If you look at the following…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good idea, but this is unfortunately not possible. The way list items are stored behind the scenes only allows for each item to appear one time.

I will take a look at some of these to the discover page though, thanks for making them!

15. Watchlist

Create opt-in ability for users to add their sub-Watchlists to Upcoming Calendar.
    Currently only Movies/Shows listed on the main Watchlist will show on Upcoming Calendar.
    Proposal to add sub-watchlists user has made to Upcoming Calendar on an opt-in basis.

Thanks for the review

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Integrate / Sync with Justwatch?

You mentioned to me on Twitter that Trakt syncs with Justwatch but I cannot figure out how. Can you provide instruction?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I see that JustWatch replied indicating we are partners, we use JustWatch links on Trakt. They don’t sync any data to/from Trakt yet although that is a good idea and worth clarifying to them on Twitter.

17. convert filter to list

Is there any way to convert a search of filtered movies into a list, rather than having to add them one by one? For example, I go to "Popular" and filter by year, language, and genre, then get for example 1,000 results - I'd like to save that a a List. I get that I can just bookmark the link and come back to it, but is there any way to generate a personal Trakt list from those results?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The reason we don’t do this is due to the high number of items that can be returned from advanced filters. Like you said, this could be 1000s of items and not really a great use case for lists.

I’d recommend saving your filter (click the + button) which adds it to the side bar of the section you’re on. Then you can easily return to the exact filters you have applied.

18. Unknown Watch Date

This feature has been requested multiple times for multiple years and it has been denied/postponed every time. It is absolutely ridiculous that you can't mark something as watched without providing the exact date and time that you watched it. It is humanly impossible for anyone to remember the exact date and time they watched a movie one year ago, let alone something from their childhood. I don't understand who expected people to know that and decided it's a good idea to make it mandatory. And, I don't understand how functions would crumble if it were implemented. And supposing that they…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am in India.Kindly Make available Turkish movies & webseries on net with English CC ,Subtitles in my country.

I am in India.Kindly Make available Turkish movies & webseries on internet with English CC & Subtitles in my country.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Search with single quote doesn't work properly

Searching for movies with single quote in their titles doesn't return all the results.

Example - Search for "Don't Breate" and "Dont Breath" returns two different result sets.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories