General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

How can we improve Trakt?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Buggy "ADD TO HISTORY"

I'd like to add movies that I've seen before I use trakt to its history, but I've found it rather difficult because some buggy behavior.

When I try to add the movie to the history on movie page by clicking on "ADD TO HISTORY", it rarely gets saved, mostly just "Just now" text shows here and nothing is stored (if I refreshed the page, it shows I've never seen it). I have to click it multiple times until it gets stored - then it suddenly show me all plays of previous clicks, for example "3 PLAYS - VIEW ALL". I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is actually a bug with the Ad Blocker you’re using. It seems they pushed some sort of update recently that broken the Trakt website. Disabling the ad blocker should get the Trakt website working agan.

2. Hide Listed in Movie and TV Search

In the movie and TV search, when looking at Trending/Popular/Watched/Collected/Anticipated (and Box Office for movies), I'd like to be able to browse by Hiding Listed movies. This way I can discover more new movies easier. When I'm only able to hide them, I have to scroll through many grayed out pages, and it can take awhile to get to anything new at all.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This update will be released later in the week. The “hide listed” option will be available in the movies, shows, and search sections. VIP only like the other hide options due to performance reasons.

3. The View season list is wrong, possibly bugged

The American daytime chat show 'The View' seems to have some ghost seasons from a previous import of data. I regularly update and refresh the show's data from TVDB and TMDB and neither have "Season 2015", "Season 2016", "Season 2017", and "Season 2018" listed (anymore, at least).

Trakt page: https://trakt.tv/shows/the-view
    TVDB season list: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-view
    TMDB season list: https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/2221-the-view/seasons

Is it possible to force update/remove those seasons? It looks a bit messy and is also incorrect since the seasons technically run from the autumn of one year through to the summer of the following year, rather than annually.

Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Progress page layout

I don't know if it's just me but, using the website on my phone, every time I see an episode image in the progress page my eyes automatically look for the show title below it, and vice versa, so it would be great that the image was first and the details last.
    Again, only mobile, desktop looks great.
    I think that, as most websites with this kind of lists use this proposed layout, my brain just gets confused when I enter this page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Due to how the website works and the responsive layout, we can’t shift the next episode above like that. However, what I can do is add the show title on the screenshot just above the episode number and title. That should make it more clear what show the episode belongs to. Update will be out later this week.

5. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Always show title and year on Search Results page

When I do a search, I'd like to be able to see the titles and years, not just the posters. Sometimes you can't read the title on the poster, and the year is only visible if the poster isn't available.

Also, maybe a List/Details view would be good?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. i'd like to see purple square with white check mark in episodes and movies that don't have where to watch but i already watched

i have watched this episode https://trakt.tv/shows/the-adventures-of-jimmy-neutron-boy-genius/seasons/0/episodes/1 and when i click the "add to history" button, i can see a notification that says "you watched The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius Special 1 Pilot - Runaway Rocketboy!" like normal, but the "add to history" button doesn't turn purple and now this episode has a lot of plays that i can't remove, i would like to see this episode and similar behave like the rest

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. On lists, can you overlay the next up episode and aired date?

It would be useful when trying to decide which show to watch next, that you overlay the next up episode on the main list page. That way I don't have to drill down to see it. This would be useful when using YouTube TV, to know what to watch next, since they also show re-runs as unwatched. So, I want to use Trakt to decide on what to what next, then go find it on YouTube TV.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Guest stars don't have the movie/TV Show in their list

Guest stars don't have the movie/TV Show in their list

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Using TMDB for series and episode overviews (instead of using TVDB)

TMDB has clear, good guidelines/rules on the format/standard of series and episodic overviews such as: brief, spoiler-free, no (actor name) or technical info, avoiding words that are not objective and neutral, etc. (see: https://www.themoviedb.org/bible/movie#59f73b759251416e71000002 and: https://www.themoviedb.org/bible/tv/59f743289251416e71000037#59f744609251416e71000041). I have no idea what the guidelines are on TVDB. I've tried to find if there are any, including inquiring in the forums, but have long since still not gotten an answer. I also have no idea whether the site keeps a record of the edits made on their db so I don't feel confident changing series and episode overivews there since I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re not planning to move away from TVDB being the main source, but I do agree it should use TMDB titles and overviews if they are blank on TVDB. I’ll have that update out this week. Do you have some specific TV shows to test this with?

12. Have 'Up next' show next episode starting from most recently watched

This probably isn't a hugely common use case but one I have experienced more than once.

Basically, sometimes I will see later episodes of a show for various reasons – it's on cable, I watch it with someone at their place, etc. – and afterwards start from the beginning. However, until I reach the point of the later episode – which could be half a dozen seasons in – my "next episode" will continue to show something I won't get to for another month.

It's not a huge deal since I can of course just find the earlier episodes through…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. calendar

should allow you to see previous days or weeks in case you forgot to check.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Is there an issue with Our Planet?

....For some reason the number of viewers is very low, even when it regularly shows a high number of 'people watching now'?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The 2005 Serenity movie is listed as being a TV Special

The 2005 Serenity movie

https://trakt.tv/movies/serenity-2005

is also listed as being a TV special.

https://trakt.tv/shows/firefly/seasons/0/episodes/1

It was 119 minutes long, and opened in movie theatres on Sept. 30, 2005. It did not air on Fox on that date. The two entries should probably be combined.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. HDR metadata in collection

I would like to add HDR format as metadata in my collection, like HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision and HLG. If a movie has no HDR it could be set to SDR.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How the Universe Works Season 7

https://trakt.tv/shows/how-the-universe-works/seasons/7

Season not updating episodes and shows as completed on my progress list after only 4 episodes. Episode 5 aired and isn't even listed

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add instructions for how to create and populate a personal list

I've only created one list and for the life of me I can't figure out how. I created a second list but can't figure out how to get movies onto it. There is no information in the knowledge base.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Spell check does not work in your comment boxes.

I'm using chrome and it works everywhere else but not here. Why?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base