General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [BUG] TV Show won't add watchlist

Hi

When i try to add a SHOW to my watchlist for some reason it adds the first episode instead. can this be fixed please

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Check In on Series & Seasons?

In some of my watched Anime series there is a Check In Button on the Main Page & Season Page, this must be a bug. It doesn't show how many episodes I watched anymore, only 1Play.
    https://abload.de/image.php?img=fistofthenorthstarx6kwl.jpg

It only affected on Anime Series

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Buggy "ADD TO HISTORY"

I'd like to add movies that I've seen before I use trakt to its history, but I've found it rather difficult because some buggy behavior.

When I try to add the movie to the history on movie page by clicking on "ADD TO HISTORY", it rarely gets saved, mostly just "Just now" text shows here and nothing is stored (if I refreshed the page, it shows I've never seen it). I have to click it multiple times until it gets stored - then it suddenly show me all plays of previous clicks, for example "3 PLAYS - VIEW ALL". I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is actually a bug with the Ad Blocker you’re using. It seems they pushed some sort of update recently that broken the Trakt website. Disabling the ad blocker should get the Trakt website working agan.

4. TV Series Page: Adding entire season or series to collection by release date doesn't trigger local cache

Title kind of says it.

When:
    Viewing either an entire TV series page, or a page for a single season, and none of the season or series is in my collection, I click the icon on the right of the 'ADD TO COLLECTION' button with the clock and the +, then select 'Release Date'
    (Add entire season/series by release date to my collection)

I expect:
    The green button to turn full-green, temporarily saying 'ADD TO COLLECTION' and 'just now', whilst at the same time a black bar shows at the bottom of the screen saying 'CACHING YOUR DATA'.
    When the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Swiss streaming service

Hello!
    The Swiss public television offers a free streaming platform in 3 languages with also movies and TV shows to watch for some days after airing.
    Maybe they could be added to the "Watch Now" selection for Switzerland. What do you think?

German version: https://www.srf.ch/play/tv
    French version: https://www.rts.ch/play/tv
    Italian version: https://www.rsi.ch/play/tv

Thank you!
    Uli666

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Minor bug in "Up next to watch" update

There is a minor bug when you press a Watch button on a tile in the "Up next to watch" panel. After you do that, poster, episode name, season name is updated as expected but not the progress.
    Before I press the button: https://imgur.com/IWOqYpt, and after https://imgur.com/tkhGQol.
    You can see that the progress is not updated :(

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good catch, what happens is the item is refreshed before your updated data is cached and done loading. I’ll have it refresh the progress a bit later in the progress to make sure the data is cached. Fix will be out later this week.

7. wrong number of episodes

The Korean drama "One Spring Night" https://trakt.tv/shows/one-spring-night is listed with the wrong number of episodes.
    You either count 16 episodes that are 65 min long OR 32 episodes that are 30-35 min long. Right now the total runtime has doubled! Can you fix it, please?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Advertisement in user profile names?

Just discovered this in the comments of a show:
    https://trakt.tv/users/powersheetexcelbi

Don't know what's your stand on this, but it seems kind of inappropriate. 🤔

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hide Listed in Movie and TV Search

In the movie and TV search, when looking at Trending/Popular/Watched/Collected/Anticipated (and Box Office for movies), I'd like to be able to browse by Hiding Listed movies. This way I can discover more new movies easier. When I'm only able to hide them, I have to scroll through many grayed out pages, and it can take awhile to get to anything new at all.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This update will be released later in the week. The “hide listed” option will be available in the movies, shows, and search sections. VIP only like the other hide options due to performance reasons.

10. Base watch time on collected item metadata runtime if available, fallback to metadata providers runtime if not

I noticed this problem recently while watching a lesser-known web series: there can be drastic variances from the TVDB's runtimes to reality (seems like this will only get more prevalent as more and more content is created for non-traditional distribution).

The web series I was watching had a bunch of 2 or 3 minute specials. I noticed that after watching 10 of these (25 mins total), Trakt was totaling my watch time at 5 hours (stated runtime on TVDB is 30 mins).

It would be cool if a) I have the given media item collected, and b) scrobble or mark…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t currently get any runtime info from apps that scrobble what you’re watching and it would be tough to force them to send that info.

For now, we should instead fix the runtime manually on Trakt which will in turn fix it for all Trakt users. Please open a support ticket including the links to the items that need updating, what the runtime should be, and a source to verify that runtime. Thanks.

11. Search always visible and clear after search

When searching for lots of movies or shows one after another, it's a pain to have to click the magnifying glass each time to make the each box appear.
    Why not just always show it? Or at least have the UI show it by default is there is any search critera already present.

In addition, if there is already a search present, you click the magnifying glass and then have to manually click the cross (x) or clear the previous search before typing.
    This could be avoided by pre-selecting the previous search in the text-box so that it can be…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2nd search issue on People/Lists/Users

When you start a search : all good.

But on these sections : people, lists & users when you update the search terms (through the field in the page) or even try to search the same results again it loads forever.

So no second search is possible unless you type it in the search top bar field.

I've looked it up in the debugger tool

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'max' of undefined

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The View season list is wrong, possibly bugged

The American daytime chat show 'The View' seems to have some ghost seasons from a previous import of data. I regularly update and refresh the show's data from TVDB and TMDB and neither have "Season 2015", "Season 2016", "Season 2017", and "Season 2018" listed (anymore, at least).

Trakt page: https://trakt.tv/shows/the-view
    TVDB season list: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-view
    TMDB season list: https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/2221-the-view/seasons

Is it possible to force update/remove those seasons? It looks a bit messy and is also incorrect since the seasons technically run from the autumn of one year through to the summer of the following year, rather than annually.

Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notification for a pending following request

It would be nice to get a notification when I have a pending following request. It gets shown on the dashboard, but I think this is not very visible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good idea. This update will be out later this week. If you have the “Someone follows me” notification enabled it will also send you a message when someone requests a follow. It works for all notification channels, including email.

15. Progress page layout

I don't know if it's just me but, using the website on my phone, every time I see an episode image in the progress page my eyes automatically look for the show title below it, and vice versa, so it would be great that the image was first and the details last.
    Again, only mobile, desktop looks great.
    I think that, as most websites with this kind of lists use this proposed layout, my brain just gets confused when I enter this page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Due to how the website works and the responsive layout, we can’t shift the next episode above like that. However, what I can do is add the show title on the screenshot just above the episode number and title. That should make it more clear what show the episode belongs to. Update will be out later this week.

16. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Functionality on tablet browser

Issues with functionality on tablet Chrome browser, any interaction on episode page forces a jump back to season page, and here back to the show page. Whilst operating in landscape mode it jumps before I even try to click anything. Also having trouble when trying to add a show to history with it trying to sign me in when I'm already signed in, and displaying the 'already logged in' message atop the dashboard. The web app is impossible to use with links somehow ending up in the wrong place.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove Google+ link on website

There is still a Google+ link on the website at the right side in the footer.
    As Google+ does has closed it can be removed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Crunchyroll is not available as streaming service anymore

Crunchyroll used to be available as a streaming service for watch now things (like Netflix). It is gone for me, I checked for several shows and for countries the Netherlands and USA. But Crunchyroll is never in the list of available streaming services.

Really annoying since it is the only Anime source I have.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)