General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Will Trakt ever decide to use TMDB episode information if there is none on TVDB?

I love trakt. And I love TMDB. I contribute a lot to TMDB and think it is much better of a site and a community and more user friendly than TVDB. I understand that TVDB probably has a more comprehensive database for series compared to TMDB (I think TV shows are only a fairly recent addition to TMDB). However, contributing to TVDB is much more arduous than to TMDB, especially when it comes to getting incorrect data changed. The TVDB forum is fairly dead and slow to respond, me as a user have no idea if they keep track of…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Researching  ·  6 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import watched status from Netflix csv

Hi, from my account in Netflix I can download a csv of everything I've ever watched and the date I watched it. It would be tremendous if I could import all that into Trakt. Even better if I import is more than once, it shouldn't duplicate - such that I can do it periodically.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Movies/Episodes/TV Seasons/TV series Getting Removed

The main reason I, and I suspect, many others, use, and love, this website is that it is a near perfect tool to keep track of one's watch history. Seeing as that's the most important thing (to me anyway) I would love it if our accounts could get a little notification everytime a movie entry or tv show (or an episode from a tv show) that we've watched gets removed from the trakt database. Just so that we're aware of the things that are no longer accounted for in our watch history. Rather than 5 years later trying to find…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Up next determined by air date

Currently, the episode shown to watch next is based on numerical order, so e.g. 4x20 will follow 4x19 - makes sense, of course.
    But if there was a special that aired between these episodes, it will not show up as the next episode, which does of course get especially annoying when the specials are important to the plot of the series, for example Sherlock or Doctor Who.

So what I'd love is that the "Next episode to watch" on the Dashboard and the Watched Progress page are (maybe optionally) based on the next episode that aired after the latest episode…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create a folder/list of lists

I like to keep my series/doramas/animes/variety or reality shows organized by status (currently watching, dropped, priority, freezer etc), but my lists get a bit messy since they're all mixed up.
    If I could create different folders for each, I think it would make things easier.

And I know it sounds like a feature not many people would use, but it's worth the try.

Thanks anyway.

^^

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search option on History page

Could we have a search option on https://trakt.tv/users/me/history

So I can search only what I have watched before

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Concise History

Make "History" a nicer, concise list of your viewing activity. Letterboxd does this perfectly with their "Diary" page. Trakt's "History" page is close, but the icons for each ep/show are too big so you have to scroll down a lot and hit "next page" in order to see what you watched in just the last week, let alone last month/years. Simply show the date watched on left, then a small scaled show icon, title of the show and the episode title. That's it... on just one line. Clean and simple. Thanks for the consideration!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Check In with Watch Now services

An option to CHECK IN when using the WATCH NOW services links.

The WATCH NOW services currently open a modal window with Netflix, Hulu, NBC, etc. which opens a new window to the selection. Those who use the CHECK IN feature must either do that before using WATCH NOW or return to the Trakt show page and close the modal WATCH NOW window in order to click the CHECK IN button, and then return to the tab streaming the show/movie, taking away from the intended ease that each of these features provide on their own. A checkbox to CHECK IN…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sync to My Anime List

There is one to sync from, but I’d like to sync my trakt status to my anime list. This would be great!

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Exclude shorts in Most Watched Movies

Exclude short films to showing up in the Most Watched Movies panel. (Because shorts can be watched so many times.)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bath edit plays / history

When I joined Trakt, I set a bunch of movies/shows I had watched to Release Date if I didn't know the date, but I realized later this messes with my stats more than I'd like. I'd love a bulk edit option (i.e. remove plays before X date) until the indeterminate date option is added.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

No immediate plans to add this to the website. For now, the Trakt API can be used to batch edit. There are also some 3rd party tools out there which might help with this too, although those are mostly to help clean up duplicate plays.

12. Automatically reload page if connection to server is lost.

I keep a tab open on Trakt in Firefox for Android at all times and come back to it whenever I need to file something as watched. Because of the caching system in Firefox (possibly just for Android?), sometimes the tab is being loaded from the local cache instead of from the server.

When it does this, I'm no longer connected to the server, and trying to mark shows gives me an error saying "You are already signed in." To get the site back into working condition, I need to hit reload in Firefox to force it to establish a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. metadata bulk changes

I hope I am not just missing such a thing .... but I was looking at the options of adding metadata to entities. I have a large collection, and going in to each one of them individually is just not something I would take the time to do. Are there options to select multiple entities and do a bulk apply of a set of metadata? I do see the ability to change each individual entity

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow to reorder Watchlist

Allow to reorder Watchlist in the personal lists page? It's not that important to be featured at the top.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A more personalized and complete list (Like MyAnimeList)

What i find really annoying with using trakt, is the way you have to seperate shows or movies into seperate list for your personal "status" on that show (Like i need to make my own list for shows that i have dropped, have on hold or have completed (and you have the default Watchlist for shows you want to watch.))

So what i think would immensely help organize our shows/movies, is to have a more "Complete list" of every show/movie and their own "Status", like they do on MyAnimeList. (Or we could just have a new system of "tagging" shows,…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a way to flag duplicates directly from item pages

Would it be possible to add some way to flag duplicates directly on the site?

For example adding a link "this is/has a duplicate" next to the "refresh data" that open a pop-up where you can enter a link to the duplicate/original of a movie/show, maybe even a comment if details are needed.
    It would be easier and quicker for user to inform you about them and you could even see the links that are flagged more often and correct them first.

It would reduce the number of support messages and make duplicate/error signaling accessible to the less curious of…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I'd like to be able to ignore users

There are certain individuals writing WOTs for the lamest of episodes imaginable without saying much on a regular basis, or people deliberately spamming the comment section with multiple (different) >1k character comments (but 0-1min timestamp differences).

I'd like to set a user to be ignored to not see his/her reviews and shouts (or replies). It's greatly annoying to see that a recent episode has like 6-9 comments in total whereas 4-6 are from the same person upon expanding the comment section.
    Or see yet another review talking hot air about redundant, petty things for thousands of characters, pretty much without…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Christmas Genre

Is it possible to have a genre for Christmas movies?

Thanks,
    Arcreactor

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show what shows/movies you both watched when browsing someones profile

Like on the Website MyAnimeList. When visting the history page of someone elses profile it would be cool to see a little statistics on top which shows how many shows/movies you both watched or rated the same.

146 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add VRV

vrv.co is a new site by CrunchyRoll to watch anime, but it also pulls in Shudder, Funimation Online, and other content sites.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base