General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Track how an episode was seen

I think that it would be nice to have a feature for tracking what channel or from what streaming service did you watch something. Also, on films you could track at what cinema did you watch the film

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Another source for data for anime.

I recommend using Myanimelist as another source for your anime section. It's a large database dedicated just to anime. It also shows many things such as popularity, user ratings, what's airing and what's upcoming and most favorited. Here's the link to the website if you're interested.
    https://myanimelist.net/

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow database mods

Allow trusted uses that are hand picked to remove duplicate data on the site. Would take a lot of the workload of doing so away, and it would help clean up the site.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Information on the source of a scrobble

It would be great if you could see the source of a scrobble in the watch history, e.g. "Manual scrobble from user", "Recieved from Plex webhook", "Recieved from API via <App name>". This would help with debugging, and also remembering where you watched a show.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Second Genre Filter on the Rating List and Watchlist

I know there's an advanced VIP filter but it would be great if, in addition, we could search on our rating list or watchlist by two genres.

It's not the same looking for a romantic comedy than an action comedy, a drama about sports or a musical drama, etc.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. scroll actors

Unable to scroll Actors Regular/GuestStars

Only able to see first 10 actors in the list

Tired in Firefox and Chrome latest browsers . This bug seems to have started in last couple of months

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Started  ·  6 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hide lists

It would be nice if one can hide entire lists.
    This would be useful e.g. when one has finished a list but doesn't want to delete it so others may still discover it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Started  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Standardize airtimes for shows on streaming services that release all their shows at the same time of day?

Netflix releases all their shows at 3 AM EST. Same for Disney+ and I think CBS All Access. Hulu is 12 AM EST, so is Apple TV+. Amazon Prime Video is unofficially 12 AM UTC.

Whatever the time is for each, these are outlets that release each and every show at the same time of day, so relying on individualized TVDB data for each show, which will often be incorrect, could be inefficient?

What got me thinking of this is TVDB, in their usual bureaucratic folly, has a policy to register 3 AM as the airtime for all shows on…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Distinction between voice actors and actors in stats

I don't know if any one else has the issue but I for one am watching many movies and series in different languages, so I have no connection to the voice actors you are showing me in my stats that I have "watched". Also I'm watching many animes, which also makes it quite difficult to find the actors I have watched on the silver screen. It's just an idea that it would make it easier for people who see many animated series/movies to get also a list of actors they see and not only hear. Thanks for reading :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Genre names with spaces or ampersands are cut off

I noticed that the German political satire show "Die Anstalt" is listed under "Comedy" and "War":
    https://trakt.tv/shows/die-anstalt

Well, the second genre doesn't make sense at all, until I noticed that on TheMovieDB, the genre is called "War & Politics":
    https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/73860-die-anstalt?language=en-US

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Prequels and Sequences of Movies

It would be a great idea if the developers could join the sequels and prequels of movies together. Like for Harry Potter series, if someone clicked Part 4 (Goblet of FIre), there should be a separate section in the page which shows Parts 1-7.Similarly, in the History tab, there should be a filter which shows the sequences and prequels of a movie series together.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Save search filter as a dynamic list

I've been using Trakt for years, and the one thing I've always REALLY missed is the ability to create a dynamic list - ones which automatically add new items which match a certain criteria as they become available. Yes that is basically doable by saving a search filter, but that's still not the same as a "list". I would LOVE to be able to save a search filter as a list, and have any new items which match (or existing items which no longer match the criteria) either be added or removed from the list.

Or if that is too…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create Sublists (i.e. Nested Lists)

Is there a way to create sublists (nested lists) in Trakt? It would really help with organization if we could create some kind of list hierarchy.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make 'Progress list' look like 'Watchlist'

Okay, not MAKE, but an option!

WatchList style will make it really nice and easy to decide what show to continue watch.

Anyways,

Progress list page currently it looks like this
    https://i.imgur.com/YGu0wJr.jpg

And this is how it will look (WatchList style)
    https://i.imgur.com/n4rYKGf.jpg

Current progress page only shows 3 shows on landing page or 4 if scrolled down. Proposed one will show a lot of shows on a single page!

I already suggested this over a year ago here. It was even marked as "Planned".
    https://support.trakt.tv/forums/188762-general/suggestions/35708965-episodes-in-grid-format-on-progress-page

But not a lot of people were interested because of my weird title and confusing…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Will Trakt ever decide to use TMDB episode information if there is none on TVDB?

I love trakt. And I love TMDB. I contribute a lot to TMDB and think it is much better of a site and a community and more user friendly than TVDB. I understand that TVDB probably has a more comprehensive database for series compared to TMDB (I think TV shows are only a fairly recent addition to TMDB). However, contributing to TVDB is much more arduous than to TMDB, especially when it comes to getting incorrect data changed. The TVDB forum is fairly dead and slow to respond, me as a user have no idea if they keep track of…

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  8 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Block/mute users to hide their comments

Has comments moderation ever been applied?
    I would like the option of blocking or muting some users.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Researching  ·  2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Trakt in Fire stick TV

Add possibility to access pwa trakt app from Amazon fire stick TV.
    There is some docs in Amazon developer docs.
    https://developer.amazon.com/es/docs/fire-tv/getting-started-with-web-apps.html

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Chinese database/infowiki support for Asian films

Add support to display Chinese database/infowiki links for non-existent IMDB/Wikipedia links (vastly affected on Asian films), ex: https://trakt.tv/movies/links-love-2014

Chinese database for movie info:
    https://movie.douban.com/subject/25851748/

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Watchlist - Line Separator

I know we can hide Movies or TV Shows in the Watchlist.
    But a Separation line between the two would be nice.

If possible please look into this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base