General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Status: canceled

It would be cool if on the status of a series, those that were canceled showed up as canceled. There ia a big difference in "ended" (has an ending) and "canceled" (has no ending, normally).

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Weigh the average rating of shows/seasons by number of episodes watched

Currently, the average rating for a show seems to be a simple average of all the ratings, so it doesn't take into account how many episodes each user has watched. A more accurate depiction would be to weigh the average based on how many of the available episodes each user has watched.

Let's take a simple example: users A and B watch the first 10-episode season of a show the year it first airs. User A rates it an 8 and user B rates it a 9. After the first season of the show, the displayed average is 85%, which…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Check-in from Dashboard

I'm not using any external app.

So I basically use Trakt on Web brower on my PC or phone for my checkins.

I would find it useful being able to check-in right away from the dashboard (Up next to watch section) without having to access the episode in the first place.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hell's Kitchen US Season 19 in trakt.tv/TMDB info is incorrect compared to TVDB

HELL'S KITCHEN US
    Trakt.tv:
    https://trakt.tv/shows/hell-s-kitchen-2005/seasons/19

TMDB:
    https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/2370-hell-s-kitchen/season/19

TVDB:
    https://thetvdb.com/series/hells-kitchen-us/seasons/official/19

According to Fox Broadcasting the 19th season starts January 2021. Per Trakt.tv season 19 episodes 1-4 are in January 2021 but episodes 5-7 have November 2020 air dates.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prequels and Sequences of Movies

It would be a great idea if the developers could join the sequels and prequels of movies together. Like for Harry Potter series, if someone clicked Part 4 (Goblet of FIre), there should be a separate section in the page which shows Parts 1-7.Similarly, in the History tab, there should be a filter which shows the sequences and prequels of a movie series together.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Staging website is down

Constantly getting Error 502 at https://staging.trakt.tv/. Hoping to use this as a test environment for my app

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show movie runtimes as hours:minutes instead of just minutes.

At least an option to switch between the two would be great. I'd like this because I often find myself doing the math to see how long a movie is.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Information on the source of a scrobble

It would be great if you could see the source of a scrobble in the watch history, e.g. "Manual scrobble from user", "Recieved from Plex webhook", "Recieved from API via <App name>". This would help with debugging, and also remembering where you watched a show.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Private Comments

Best case scenario: being able to have both a public comment and a private comment on any given movie/show. Very useful for keeping track of any info that one doesn't want publicly available (ex: who you watched it with, name of who recommended it to you, etc.)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. International release dates in calendar

It would be amazing if the calendar of Trakt.TV would show release dates depending of the primary country (configured in the settings).
    TMDB and IMDb often have release date entries for different countries. It would be nice if Trakt.TV would use them in the calendar.

For example "No Time To Die" shows 2 April 2021 as the release date.
    But TMDB and IMDb shows the 31 March 2021 since I am living in Germany

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How can I help the transition from TVDB to TMDB?

I've seen that Trakt is moving data collecting from TVDB to TMDB, and that many times this gets blocked by "partial matches" (i.e. a capitalisation missing on one of the two ends, or a small mistake, or such things). How can I help with this?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dedicated reviewing space

I know people have asked for a separate review space instead of having to write them inside comments, but I would do you a one-upper.

A dedicated review system which can be much more elaborated than simply writing it down like if it were a comment.

Possibly with markdown features and specifically what I was thinking about is to have them featured prominently (if the user wants to) within the user's profile.

If we take something like Anilist for example, one review is one dedicated space following the user's profile where the full review can be read as a dedicated…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Increment

The ability to give ratings in half increments, such as 7.5, 8.5 etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option for tags in lists

I have a list of A24's movies and TV shows with almost 50 likes but, for some reason, I can't find it when I search for "A24". If that happens for me, I think it happens with other lists too, so I think implementing a system that we could set up tags for our lists would really help both who are looking for lists and for those who make them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. CAPTCHA, I have to solve it almost every time I try to access the website

Hi,

It's started somewhat a few months ago. Now almost whenever I try to access the website I need to solve this stupid captcha. I'm not behind any VPN neither my laptop is infected in any way. It is not any different if I connect via cable or cellular. Any hints?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Year in review does'nt expand most watched peoples

The section "most watched people" has a fixed height, so when expanding the last person in a column to see the movies/series list, you can't see it because it overflow under the next section (last play)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. VIP Take To Activate?

Hi, I upgraded to VIP yesterday and my account has not been upgraded.

I contacted support via email with the payment info but still awaiting a reply.

Does anyone know how long it takes for your account to be upgraded?

cheers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Funimation watch now links navigate to account page

When I click a watch now link (for example on https://trakt.tv/shows/adachi-and-shimamura) and then the Funimation logo, it takes me to my Funimation account page instead of the show or episode

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Is it possible to combine two TMDB pages into one TV show page? (Whose Line Is It Anyway)

Because of the different ways TMDB and TVDB have decided to handle the show 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?', there's an issue with the Trakt page.

TVDB have decided to add the revival and current run, which started in 2013, as a continuation of the original run that ended in 2007. However, TMDB have decided to make the revival/current run a distinct show page, which means the Trakt page for 'WLIIA?' has the new episode info coming from TVDB but the cast info won't be updated for the later seasons and any higher resolution images also won't come through.

Is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Could you guys implement an option to block plays? Could help with the duplicate data issue.

Not sure how popular of an opinion this is, but I hate it when I accidentally add extra plays to the content that I watch and I only want 1 play per episode/movie on my account. Sometimes I'll add a play to something, it won't seem to register that play so I'll do it again, and then it'll go from "nothing" to 2 plays and I'll have to go cancel one of the plays because I hate having extra plays.

Kind of selfish on my part but I wouldn't mind if Trakt had a feature to block plays if an…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories