General

We have a lot of support tickets and are working to update the site and issues as fast as we can. If you don’t get a reply right away, it’s not because we’re ignoring you, but because we are working on updates. Thanks.

How can we improve Trakt.tv?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • 1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Login for Android

How do I login and get access to user information for in Android App? I can't seem to find a good example and the api documentation is not very clear.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • [question] why do we need to specify redirect_uri in oauth/token

oauth/token doesn't redirect anywhere, it just returns tokens.
          Will it redirect on some conditions?

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Enable protocol as redirect uri

I am building my own app and I would like to redirect my users not to a url but to my own protocol (trakt://)

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Syncing edited, liked, rated comments or replies itself with API insufficient

Recently you had an all around update on comments. Great! Finally!
              Yet it wasn't anything like reporting comments, or giving us a way of ignoring certain people. But at least a step in the right direction. But one thing in particular is disappointing here:
              It seems you did the same mistake again as you did with last_activity.

In terms of last_activity:
              If a user edits any comment, commented_at of that user would change.
              But you'd have to sync ALL comments ever written by that user because you have no chance knowing what or how many comments were edited (or in…

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Add field for quality?

I'd love to have a way to tell which quality of a given media I have, this is especially common when you download old (with copyright expired) medias from the web.

I think an extra field in metadata with approx 10 chars limit would be more than enough to address this.

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  4 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When adding to your collection, you can set the resolution. Is that what you’re looking for? I don’t envision adding a text field, but if you have suggestions for other metadata options, that might be something we can do.

• why Trakt search API only work if we set exact title

when I search for a title like this "Once Upon A Winters Date", it shows no result when I put exact title, which is this "Once Upon A Winter's Date" (there is special characters ' in winter)
                  it shows the movie in the result.

i tried both search API and website search it has same behavior

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • sync/history not working

It appears sync/history has stopped working. Im using MediaPortal with app(user/pass) authentication. I believe someone that was using similar auth in TraktRater experienced the same problem, switching to oAuth fixed it.

Can you please look into this, here is an example:

Address: http://api.trakt.tv/sync/history

Post: {"shows":[{"ids":{"slug":null,"trakt":null,"imdb":"tt2861424","tmdb":null,"tvdb":275274,"tvrage":null},"title":"Rick and Morty","year":2013,"seasons":[{"episodes":[{"number":2,"watched_at":"2017-09-21T23:18:03Z"}],"number":1}]}]}

Response: {"added":{"movies":0,"episodes":0},"not_found":{"movies":[],"shows":[],"seasons":[],"episodes":[],"people":[]}}

Headers: {Transfer-Encoding: chunked, Connection: close, Cf-Railgun: f027028b93 99.99 0.052076 0030 e6be, Vary: Accept-Encoding, X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff, X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN, X-Request-Id: 5902f257-0095-41fc-ba59-18f1ae8a3658, X-Runtime: 0.048673, X-Xss-Protection: 1; mode=block, CF-RAY: 3a20bde4134319b0-SYD, Cache-Control: max-age=0, private, must-revalidate, Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8, Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 23:18:07 GMT, ETag: W/"ea36265e9afc2633c26dd555294d3630", Set-Cookie: __cfduid=dade8663306194ac235c2a3d0e6586cc81506035886; expires=Fri, 21-Sep-18 23:18:06 GMT; path=/; domain=.trakt.tv; HttpOnly,…

4 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      8 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • You need to have Trakt.tv plugin for PLEX MEDIA SERVER to be in their app store.

I have a couple of servers that use your trakt.tv plugin for sync on watched items and un-watched items. But there is no way for Trakt.tv to be on Nvidia Shield TV officially & therefore I don't use that server.

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • TV shows on multiple TV networks

When a show is aired on multiple TV network, show each airing date on Upcoming schedule in the Dashboard.

I know the data is from thetvdb and their decision is to keep only the first TV network to air the first episode.

But it's currently a problem with the show "Top of the lake", (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_of_the_Lake ). Sundance was the first to air the first season and is considered as primary TV network, but for the second season, BBC as already aired the 6 episodes, and trakt shows the episodes as not aired and season premiere for September 11.

I'm…

4 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          4 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • By remembering email address

Email to authenticate

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Filter future unaired episodes or episodes with no air dates

Please reject future episodes from being included in the database, as well as episodes from the future. For example, season 5 of Orange Is The New Black ended, and someone added Season 6 Episode 1 and Season 7 Episode 1, WHY??? This forever sit in my list telling me to watch it but Season 7 is two years away!
                            I know this data comes from other sites but please filter them out!

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

We get the info from TVDB. Once they are removed from TVDB, we can remove from Trakt via a support ticket (I’ve done this for this show now).

In general, we can’t simply ignore future episodes though since we use that to build the calendar and in most cases it is perfectly valid data. With this show, the episodes didn’t have air dates so they shouldn’t really popup anywhere or do much harm.

I do agree that people need to stop adding them to TVDB though. I don’t see a way we can automatically ignore the data though and maybe TVDB can somehow prevent it?

• Question about timezone and how they are retrieved

In the past, I asked how the timezones of shows are retrieved, and I've been told that they are calculated based on show's country, which is obtained from TheMovieDB.

If it's still correct, I don't understand, for example, why Vikings is set to America/Toronto.

On TMDB, it has 2 countries ("IE" and "CA"). On trakt, it's only reported "CA" (it would be interesting to also know the criteria used to choose one of multiple countries).

So if the country is Canada, why Trakt reports "America/Toronto" and not one of Canada's timezones?

Thanks.

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Question about API features

Hello.
                                I want to make bot for telegram which will notify user if new episode (shows in progress) or movie (from watch list) come up.
                                Is it possible to do with your API?

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Finding a way to get back result even if wrong typed

I tried by api find tv show "Sense 8" and got zero results. Afer fiddling with get request I went to webpage and realised it is written "Sense8".
                                  Is there any way to prevent such behaviour?

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It seems to work ok with the space when I try it via the API and website. If you’re still having issues, please post the full request and response, including headers, in the Google+ API community. Thanks!

This was the URL I used.
                                    https://api.trakt.tv/search/show\?query\=sense+8

Also, the way to handle this for other titles would be to add an alternative title on TMDB which Trakt can then use when searching.

• Hide shows and films

A button next to "Add to ..." for "hiding" objects, so I can scroll through a "unseen"-list with only new or interesting things left. Or a variable button for putting objects on individual lists (not watchlist, it should not show up in calendar).

3 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

This is under API, so not sure if this questions is about the API or the website. (sounds like the website). On the website, if you have more than 1 list, the list button will popup and allow you to manage the lists the item belongs to. You could make a new “unseen” list for your purpose it sounds like.

• Issue syncing Handmaid's Tale

2017-07-02 10:04:00.355 [INFO] [Sync][03]: Adding tv show [1/1] to trakt.tv episode collection, Episode Count = '1', Show Title = 'The Handmaid's Tale', Show Year = '2017', Show TVDb ID = '321239', Show IMDb ID = 'tt5834204'

2017-07-02 10:04:00.359 [INFO] [Sync][03]: Adding episode to trakt.tv collection, Title = 'The Handmaid's Tale - 1x1', Collected At = '2017-06-01T09:47:57Z', Audio Channels = '5.1', Audio Codec = '<empty>', Resolution = 'hd_1080p', Media Type = 'digital', Is 3D = 'False'

2017-07-02 10:04:00.369 [DEBG] [Sync][03]: Address: http://api.trakt.tv/sync/collection, Post: {"shows":[{"ids":{"slug":null,"trakt":null,"imdb":"tt5834204","tmdb":null,"tvdb":321239,"tvrage":null},"title":"The Handmaid's Tale","year":2017,"seasons":[{"episodes":[{"3d":false,"audio":null,"audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-06-01T09:47:57Z","media_type":"digital","number":1,"resolution":"hd_1080p"}],"number":1}]}]}
                                      2017-07-02 10:04:00.793 [DEBG] [Sync][03]: Response: {"added":{"movies":0,"episodes":0},"updated":{"movies":0,"episodes":0},"existing":{"movies":0,"episodes":0},"not_found":{"movies":[],"shows":[],"seasons":[{"ids":{"slug":null,"trakt":null,"imdb":"tt5834204","tmdb":null,"tvdb":321239,"tvrage":null},"title":"The Handmaid's Tale","year":2017,"seasons":[{"episodes":[{"3d":false,"audio":null,"audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-06-01T09:47:57Z","media_type":"digital","number":1,"resolution":"hd_1080p"}],"number":1}]}],"episodes":[],"people":[]}}, Headers: {Transfer-Encoding: chunked, Connection: close, Cf-Railgun:…

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • 13 Reasons Why fails to Sync to History

13 Reasons Why fails to Sync to History, find the request and response below:

Address: http://api-v2launch.trakt.tv/sync/collection, Post: {"shows":[{"ids":{"slug":null,"trakt":null,"imdb":"tt1837492","tmdb":null,"tvdb":323168,"tvrage":null},"title":"13 Reasons Why","year":2017,"seasons":[{"episodes":[{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-05T09:45:13Z","media_type":"digital","number":1,"resolution":"uhd_4k"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-11T07:47:10Z","media_type":"digital","number":2,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-11T07:47:11Z","media_type":"digital","number":3,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-11T07:47:11Z","media_type":"digital","number":4,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-11T07:47:12Z","media_type":"digital","number":5,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-11T07:47:12Z","media_type":"digital","number":6,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-11T07:47:13Z","media_type":"digital","number":7,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-11T07:47:14Z","media_type":"digital","number":8,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-22T09:25:48Z","media_type":"digital","number":9,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-22T09:25:49Z","media_type":"digital","number":10,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-22T09:25:51Z","media_type":"digital","number":11,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-22T09:25:52Z","media_type":"digital","number":12,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-22T09:25:53Z","media_type":"digital","number":13,"resolution":"hd_1080p"}],"number":1}]}]}

-------------------------------------

Response: {"added":{"movies":0,"episodes":0},"updated":{"movies":0,"episodes":0},"existing":{"movies":0,"episodes":0},"not_found":{"movies":[],"shows":[],"seasons":[{"ids":{"slug":null,"trakt":null,"imdb":"tt1837492","tmdb":null,"tvdb":323168,"tvrage":null},"title":"13 Reasons Why","year":2017,"seasons":[{"episodes":[{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-05T09:45:13Z","media_type":"digital","number":1,"resolution":"uhd_4k"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-11T07:47:10Z","media_type":"digital","number":2,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-11T07:47:11Z","media_type":"digital","number":3,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-11T07:47:11Z","media_type":"digital","number":4,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-11T07:47:12Z","media_type":"digital","number":5,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-11T07:47:12Z","media_type":"digital","number":6,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-11T07:47:13Z","media_type":"digital","number":7,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-11T07:47:14Z","media_type":"digital","number":8,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-22T09:25:48Z","media_type":"digital","number":9,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-22T09:25:49Z","media_type":"digital","number":10,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-22T09:25:51Z","media_type":"digital","number":11,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-22T09:25:52Z","media_type":"digital","number":12,"resolution":"hd_1080p"},{"3d":false,"audio":"dolby_digital","audio_channels":"5.1","collected_at":"2017-04-22T09:25:53Z","media_type":"digital","number":13,"resolution":"hd_1080p"}],"number":1}]}],"episodes":[],"people":[]}}, Headers: {Transfer-Encoding: chunked, Connection: keep-alive, Cf-Railgun: fc79a5e7c8 99.99 0.081197 0030 e6be, Vary: Accept-Encoding, X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff, X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN, X-Request-Id: 1527542c-5d27-45d3-93bd-fab239830674, X-Runtime: 0.075285, X-Xss-Protection: 1; mode=block, CF-RAY: 35383a00c68d0b0e-SYD, Cache-Control: max-age=0, private, must-revalidate, Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8, Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 11:26:10 GMT, ETag: W/"afd35c2a5f1ecdd510cfb65cd6ec0ea1", Set-Cookie: __cfduid=d0d97f7b71b26bc78a2f540f028d034681492860370; expires=Sun, 22-Apr-18 11:26:10 GMT; path=/; domain=.trakt.tv; HttpOnly, Server: cloudflare-nginx}

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

There were 2 bad entries for this show, so my guess is that was the reason. I removed both of those.

I would recommend using the api.trakt.tv hostname now for better shared caching. Thanks!

• Firestick

Is there any way to make it so trakt auto updates when using crunchyroll, Funimation or Netflix while on the firestick

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Check out trakt.tv/apps which has a way to track your Netflix plays. I don’t believe there is a way for the other 2, but I do remember a developer was trying to get something working for crunchyroll though.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base