How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Refresh on dashboard and progress pages.

It would be cool if you didn't have to refresh the page after ticking off a episode on the 'on deck to watch' widget and progress page, instead making the episode box refresh. This allows the whole process of checking off shows the be seamless.

Cheers!

499 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nexu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • fietfiet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you very very much. Love all the little tweaks, VIP upgrade has been the best thing ever and seeing stuff like this on top of it is great. It’s getting more and more seamless!

Great option to sometimes just have a refresh LINK instead of auto-refresh.

• fietfiet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

(Oh, and thank you very very much. Love all the little tweaks, VIP upgrade has been the best thing ever, and seeing stuff like this on top of it is great.)

• arcreactor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only problem I see is if you wanted to rate the episode or add to a list or collection you would have to remember to do all of that first.

• odin.hauge.mo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it so the "Up next to watch" cards refresh when you mark a new episode as watched. The way it works now, is that I have to manually refresh the page, in order to make it go from this https://imgur.com/PkFbcYR.png, to this https://imgur.com/KMb3tQI.png.
        I would love it, if this could happen without having to refresh the page, when you mark the episode as watched.

• godlikemouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After clicking the "Add to watch history" button, it would be great if the information tile updated to the next episode on pages like "progress" and "dashboard". As it remains right now, whenever one of those tiles are modified, the user has to manually refresh the browser.

• Iris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this should be a basic option. Whenever I watch more than one episode in a row (and lets be honest, everyone does it), I need to refresh the entire page to get rid of whatever I've watched. It makes so much sense for whatever was watched to automatically refresh after a few seconds.

• saji-san commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

> The issue with this idea is that if you forgot to comment or click the 'Add to collection' icon first, you have to go through a hassle to get to it.

Agreed. That could also be resolved with “undo” option, which is always a good idea. (;

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We can already navigate through seasons/episodes by clicking the '<' and '>' arrows on the covers at the top of pages such as this: http://trakt.tv/shows/archer/seasons/4

I would appreciate this function to be available in the thumbnails of episodes and seasons as well. IDEALLY, the '<' and '>' arrows would appear on the left and right sides of the thumbnail only when the mouse hovers over them, so that it doesn't obstruct the image until necessary.
        Another alternative (though it's less beneficial) is to only show the '>' arrow at the bottom of the thumbnail between the 'Manage lists' icon and the 'Rate this' icon, since that's all the space available when viewing thumbnails in any "Personal Lists." However, there is plenty of space for both '<' and '>' icons in the same spot if viewing the thumbnail on most other pages, just like in the link I provided above.

The reason I feel there is a need for this is mainly due to the 'Progress' page. When clicking the '✓' [Add to watched history] icon on an episode, the episode remains there, which makes sense. Because if it were to suddenly skip to the next episode, then we would have to go through an extra hassle to get back to the episode just watched if we wanted to leave a comment on it or had forgotten to click the 'Add to collection' icon first.

Thank you for your time and all you guys have done so far. What you guys have built and are building on is great and is definitely appreciated.

• TeaAndApathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Reloading the page is easy but, as an end-user, I feel it should update automatically. Also, if you expand the season, you get red Xs or green checkmarks to show if you watched it. But it's misleading to me. If I click a red X to try to change it to a green check, it takes me off the page. That wouldn't be so bad if it opened in a new tab, but it doesn't so I have to mark it watched then navigate back to the Progress page. What a time-waster.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

great Idea, this would help me a lot! Most of the times I mark severall episodes at once...

• Abubakr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even with the new addition of the On Deck feature, if I mark as watched, it should automatically remove that from my 'deck' and show another episode.

• Agrajag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if you would be able to mark multiple episodes as seen one after another e.g. at the progress page. Currently I click the purple checkmark (Add to watched history) and have to reload the page to mark the next episode as seen.

It would be best if the episode you marked as seen would disapear after ~2s (so you could undo it?) and the next episode shows automatically.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base