- Movie playback resumed
- Movie playback finished
- Movie scrobbled
- TV ep playback started
- TV ep playback paused
- TV ep playback resumed
- TV ep playback finished
- TV ep scrobbled

These could be used for all sorts of things such as triggering Hue lights to dim/turn off/turn on etc. during movie playback. Or adding the name of movies I watched together with the date I watched them to a Google spreadsheet.

Any chance this might happen?

I know there are RSS feeds but they do not work very well and don't provide these features.

60 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Olly Stedall shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Long Term  ·  AdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) responded  · 

I love the idea, but its going to take IFTTT wanting to do a deeper integration with Trakt. I’ve reached out a few times before, but maybe if users also message them it will get more traction.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Corey Myers commented  · 

I've added a suggestion to add Trakt.tv on IFTTT. this is what I put in the suggestion:
        "If I could use google assistant to apply ratings to movies and shows in trakt. Or apply comments to shows from my couch. Or add movies to my collection. Or add a movie to my watched list and rate it as soon as I exit the theatre. Or add a movie to my watchlist automatically when there is an article written about it on one of my favourite news apps. Or dim the lights when I start watching a show. Or change the lighting to a certain colour depending on the type of show I am watching. The possibilities are endless."

• Aminda Hettiarachchi commented  · 

IFTTT would be sick!

Use case

If Google Assistant : " Hey google add $ to trakt collection"

• canadrian commented  · 

Could you not implement this easily via the Maker channel? Like just have us create a specific Maker recipe, put the secret key into a field on Trakt, and then Trakt could just trigger IFTTT via the existing maker channel.

Feedback and Knowledge Base