How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Why my shows disappear from watchlist?

from time to time shows disappear from watchlist. I don't know why. Maybe you know.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    iskoisko shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fran CFran C commented  · 

So it only took me a few minutes of testing to answer the main question of my walls of text.

I realized all you have to do is create a List that is NOT the official "Watchlist". You leave all Trakt functions as expected in Exodus/Kodi and the Trakt Add-On and just put all your TV Series into the created list. I called mine "Season Passes". Then you simply go into that folder and "Hide Watched". It then should only show unwatched episodes (in season folders), should repopulate as new episodes air, and show nothing of a series once you've finished it (until it airs again).

This is not particularly intuitive in regards to what some might expect a "Watchlist" to do, but it seems like it will work great. Regardless, Trakt in many ways really makes cord cutting a reality. After 20 years of DirecTV, and having DVR since TIVO first came out, I was willing to pay outrageous fees for the convenience. Trakt really adds that level of convenience to Kodi.

Thanks Justin and anyone else that put this out! You guys are awesome!

Also, I've seen the workaround to keep indicators local. Does this then force individuals to either update what they watch manually (and potentially have them disappear from the list) or just leave them all in a list and then need maybe an outside app to track the start of a new season or when an episode airs?

I just want 100+ series or so in a list. I want to be able to toggle "Hide watched" under "View Options" and have ones that all episodes are watched not show until a new episode comes up. Then the series folder appears and when I watch it, is hid again. Repeat. Add new series as they come up. New "House of Cards"? Boom! A folder appears with the episodes, because it's in a list. Watch it, it stays in the list, but is hid.

Possible?

• Justin NemethAdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented  · 

We don't provide support for exodus or similar add-ons. Unfortunately, these type of add-ons might use the watchlist incorrectly. As mentioned before, the watchlist is not intended to be a list of what you are actively watching.

I'm using Kodi/Exodus after cutting my DirecTV. 1st thing I did was come here and input over 100 series from my Season Passes, getting them up-to-date on what had been watched, and adding them all via "Add to List - Watchlist". It seemed very intuitive. My wife and I were very happy to have Trakt to essentially replace our DVR.

When a new episode came up, it appeared in the Watchlist within the series-season folder. We chose the hide watched and it was perfect - it only showed series-seasons with episodes we had not watched. We watched the new episodes and they cleared the list. A week later I realized something was wrong when the series folders did not appear with new episodes, and then I discovered that it was not hiding the series when all episodes were watched, it was removing them entirely from my constructed Watchlist!

Am I to understand that what I understood to be a clean and intuitive feature of Trakt is not achievable or intended that way? I guess the closest thing would be potentially a very long list of individual episodes in the Trakt "Episodes" folder? So once I've added something to the Watchlist, this "Episodes" folder knows to populate the new episodes, even if the series disappears from the Watchlist? I then don't have a list to add/remove from?

So if my wife and I want to keep our series/shows (and a long list of series we want to possibly watch or rewatch) synchronized on multiple TVs, the result is we end up with a huge clunky "Episodes" only (no folders) list to navigate or a pita workaround, when the perfect intuitive feature seems possible and highly requested?

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong... Is there a way to put "Episodes" folder individual episodes inside series folders so it is manageable? Sorry so long a post.

• B LolaB Lola commented  · 

Hi Art,
        Losing "Progress" meant that you lose the ability to click on Progress to see shows that you didn't complete viewing. Also, i believe that you will also lose the ability to click on "Episodes" to see what new episodes were added to your watchlist shows.

These were not important to me. I'd rather have a stable watchlist.

• SteveOSteveO commented  · 

Hi Justin, thanks for Trakt it's awesome! However when using it with Exodus and Specto, I am suddenly unable to access the contents of my lists (I created 4 lists for TV, one for each family member). I can see the headers but when I click on them, it doesn't bring the contents. Any idea why? It was working great until 2 days ago...

• Anonymous commented  · 

I cant open watchlist dont really use it but now collection list will not open either that started today. So is not that a show was watched the collection list doesn't delete after viewing. But now neither list opens.

• ArtArt commented  · 

B Lola commented · May 4, 2017 11:43 PM
        copied and pasted someones comments :Hey guys, this may be old news for some, but I found a workaround. Set your Indicators to local.

Exodus > Tools > SETTINGS:General > Indicators (change to Local)

Of course, you will lose things like Progress; but my watchlist is stable!

WHAT DO U MEAN, LOSE THINGS LIKE PROGRESS? IF THATS NOT IMPORTANT THEN MAYBE ILL GO INTO THE EXODUS SETTING AND CHANGE AS WHAT THE PERSON RECOMMENDED ABOVE.......

IF ANYONE HAS ANY OTHER SOLUTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT LOSING ANYTHING..REALLY SUCKS TO LOSE IT ALL AGAIN LOL

• ArtArt commented  · 

i had 3 different folders i created and had movies and shows saved in each one...now i cant access anything....if this is to save your favorite shows/movies then why cant i access now? its a great app if this works and is stable, but ridiculous that we have to start all over again...whats the point if our favorites arent accessible to us anymore?

• JRJR commented  · 

I had 40 movies saved on the watchlist.

Not only the movies, but the entire watchlist has now disappeared, and doesn't show up anywhere.

BP Mom, I'm glad this helped you. I share my watchlist as well and it was very frustrating to see shows drop off.

Now back to binge watching!

• BP MomBP Mom commented  · 

B Lola! It worked - changing the indicator to local. Thank you!

• BP MomBP Mom commented  · 

I am SO happy this is out there! It is extremely frustrating - I created my favorites because I go in and out of the tab often. If I am watching or someone else in the family is watching - if the show disappears it is pointless. Completely pointless to create the list on Tracktv. Exodus is the best app out there, but this flaw needs to be fixed. I need my shows to stay on my favorites list. It gets old really quick to have to go back in and save them.

As it was said below, who needs Tracktv when you have search and save it every single time you go in? You are essentially my DVR, I dont always remember which shows I scheduled to tape, but when I see them there, I will watch it, but f the show disappears from my watchlist one day - I may forget to resave it.

Hey guys, this may be old news for some, but I found a workaround. Set your Indicators to local.

Exodus > Tools > SETTINGS:General > Indicators (change to Local)

Of course, you will lose things like Progress; but my watchlist is stable!

• No thanksNo thanks commented  · 

This is rediculous. If we added episodes to our watch list then maybe what you are saying makes sense. We however add full series of shows, so this is pointless. If I add a show with several seasons and then watch one show of season 1 even though ALL of the other episodes haven't been watched it dissappears and this is wrong...

The way it would work how I think you want it to and how us the users would want it to is when EVERY single episode of every season is watched, then it could hide the series until the new episode airs. Then the show comes back indicating there is a new unwatchable episode.....JUST LIKE A DVR.

• Justin NemethAdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented  · 

There isn't a need to create a custom list to track what you're watching, Trakt automatically does that for you. For example, your progress page has every show you've watched and how much you've watch of that show. You could also view your watched history, filtered by show, to see a full list of all shows you're watching. Lastly, the calendar also knows what you're watching and will displays all episodes for those shows.

https://trakt.tv/users/me/progress
        https://trakt.tv/users/me/history/shows
        https://trakt.tv/calendars/my/shows

Unfortunately, some apps incorrectly use the watchlist as a list of what you're currently watching. We provide all the APIs needed for apps to get this info in the correct way, but not all of them do so.

• KellyKelly commented  · 

I understand what you are saying, but please listen to the feedback from your users. To remove an entire season of a show under the "Watchlist" is a waste of time for the user. The user might as well just do a search under Kodi for a show. Why should I waste my time creating a secondary list of what I am watching... what am I supposed to do...look at whimsically? What people are telling you is how they use it. It might not be your intended use...but it is the reality of how people use your great site, and how they want to use it. To coin an old business phrase...the customer is always right.

• Anonymous commented  · 

First of all Justin, thank you for creating this site. I hope you'll see the confusion about the watchlist and consider making it what most people assume it is, a persistent list that does not lose its items.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I think the issue is that when you watch a SHOW the SERIES disappears. How is this right? It's not that the show is disappearing it's that the entire series is.

• KirkKirk commented  · 

I can watch a TV show and it always shows up in trakt that I have watched it... My question is is that I can watch a movie and it doesn't show up in trakt at all whatsoever? So why do my TV shows show up but my movies do not?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base