Please fix Trakt 2.0 re: the diary function, previously watched times & dates, unknown time, etc.
I have three concrete questions:
Are you planning to:
- re-install the option to check in from a later date or time? The option to select "Watched Previously" seems to be gone entirely.
- fix the "Check-In" and "I've Watched This" buttons to have a different function? Right now they do exactly the same: they add the date & time that you click them. ("Check-In" should select the end time automatically when you click it as you start watching - like it used to. "I've Watched This" should select the time you click it, like the "Seen" button did previously).
- finally provide an option to select the time or date as UNKNOWN? (Preferably separately (!), as sometimes you still know the date, but you don't know the time. Or you know the year, but that's it.) And I mean really "Unknown", not just hidden or something like that. Add a "Unknown" option to the calendar or so.
These three options are really crucial to all of us who'd like to use trakt not only as a social in-the-moment medium, but also as a catalogue of what we've watched and when we've watched it.
Surely a flexible calendar and diary is key to a website about TV watching.
Could you give me an answer to this, if you will implement this in the near future?
(So if not, I can finally start looking elsewhere, as I've been waiting for this a while.)
You can now set the date and time you watched any movie or episode. Click the right icon in the watched button. We don’t plan on supporting an unknown date right now since everything is key off of dates.
Will you fix Friends activity on the dashboard ? It's not enough
Also my friends rating on every page of movies/shows
*sorry for my poor english*
Thank you all
AdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented
Denis, the v2 url is for testing purposes only, so not sure how/why you are using that. Only the main trakt.tv site should be used for your real account. SeriesGuide has been updated to use the v2 API. As mentioned in the changelog, twitter and facebook sharing will be done very soon, just waiting for Facebook to approve the updates.
Denis Budag commented
Guys, what did you do with Trakt.tv? The old layout was much better, API was stable, facebook, twitter... Now I have two profiles (http://trakt.tv/users/denverbr) and (http://v2.trakt.tv/users/denverbr) with diferent data! I can't make checkins through SeriesGuide. Facebook and Twitter share don't work... OMG! I´m very sad! :(
I don't agree that it would be "frivolous". Why have a 'check-in' or 'watched' date & time? Because you can keep track of when you've seen something. As it is now, you cannot add entire TV series or episodes because the website says that you've 'seen' it at the moment you've added it to Trakt, which actually renders all the dates & times meaningless.
Also, in my case, I actually know some dates on which I watched certain episodes, but can't remember the time anymore; or I know the year, for instance. So ideally, you'd have a "Seen" button which marks a TV series or episode as "seen" without adding a date or time; and then you'd have the option in "Watched Previously" to set only a selection, for instance only the date with time "Unknown" or even only the year with the rest "Unknown".
Why else have dates & times at all? Goodreads is indeed a good example of how this should work.
I for one think an "unknown" timeframe is frivolous. If you don't remember when you watched it, it has no ordinal use or structure - that information is meaningless to you as it doesn't exist. So building a feature to classify that situation makes no sense.
Thank you for your response, Justin.
Can I ask you why you will not even consider adding an 'unknown' or blank time frame to your calendar, though? To me (and apparently to a lot of other people), this is such a quintessential feature for TV series.
(See for instance Goodreads, where they've split the time in 'date read' and 'date added', and where you can leave the date merely blank.)
The hability to change the time we've watched a movie would be a great plus.
I use this site to keep track of what i've seen, and i would like to check a movie i've seen years ago without having it happear as "just watched 5 minutes ago".
Please please please, pay attention to this request. It took a year to add the "mark as seen previously" and now you took it off ( I actually can't even rate an episode on this new site).
I've created before a thred about this (unknow seen date) and I thought it would never be heard because the development of the site was dead for a whole year. Now we know why... I just hope it was not for nothing. I still have faith in you people. A love trakt.
Just to be clear:
In my opinion each TV episode/movie should have three, or even four, options:
1. "Check In": You check in at the beginning of an episode, and the date/time stamp automatically says the end time of the episode in your history.
(2. "Watched This": You click "Watched this" just as you've seen something, so the click time is the same as the seen time/date. Optional as far as I'm concerned.)
3. "Watched This", but with a calendar & hour option: you've previously watched this, for instance the previous day, and you manually select when.
4. "Seen": You've watched this previously but you don't know when.
If you click this option, the time & date of the click does not count, and should NOT be taken up anywhere (not in your API's calendar or so either (?)). In my history and calendar, but it should appear under an "Unknown" category or something like that.
Should also be able to use this for whole seasons and series.
Ideally, you should be able to have a known date and unknown time as well, but that's even more wishful thinking, I suspect.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.