How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Add the option to skip episodes in your progress tracking

It would be useful to have the possibility to skip a single episode or season. For example, it is useful to make some special episodes you will never watch disappear from the progress view.

This is different than dropping a show because you may want to skip one episode but be sure of being notified of the next one.

386 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dionisio Alonso shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • dgw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would also be useful as a sort of kludge to work around things like episodes that were never released on DVD/Blu-ray, or episodes that aired abroad but not in the country of origin. I've already run into a few of these, and I just know the "98% collected"-type entries on my progress pages will bother me.

• Kristine Beeson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be specifically helpful when I've missed a single episode that isn't going to be able to be watched until the dvd or full season is available for streaming - I probably won't go back and watch episode 2x4 of a show that I missed because I was more than 5 episodes behind and hulu only lets me watch those 5! But now, the dashboard will show that episode as the next one I need to watch instead of 2x10 when the show returns after midseason break. thanks!

• lauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like to have this feature. Definitely could use it for quite a few of my shows.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or allow to ignore the rest of episodes, because, you dont follow anymore a show

• Gregory Greenleaf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would make me happy! There are so many Doctor Who specials. I only plan to watch the last 3 or so, not binge watch all the back to 2005!

• Yuri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also would like to have the ability to skip episodes / seasons.

I see that Justin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented on March 14, 2014 that you can skip seasons, but I can't find any button on the seasons list that does this.

• Adam Knight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to hide whole series on the progress page is great and I used it a lot however there is a technology news series that I've watched for years but missed some episodes last year.

I don't want to hide the entire series as I managed to watch most of it and I know I will never be catching up on those episodes but I like to keep accurate records of what I've watch and what I haven't watched.

If I was able to hide individual episodes then I can keep my progress page clean showing the show only when there is new recent episodes

• Shana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of only being able to hide seasons, add a feature to allow us to hide episodes. Maybe someone will just never want to watch a particular episode of a show, or they start watching a news bases series in the middle of the season, and they don't have any intention of seeing older, dated episodes.

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crucial for tracking long running shows (late night shows, news shows, or anthology series) to be practical. Please make it something that happens sooner rather than later! Thank you!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For shows topical shows like The Daily Show or Late Night, or for other long running but non-continuous shows, when you say you watched today's episode, the site will try to get you to go back and watch the entire rest of the hundreds or even thousands of episodes that the series is composed of, starting with episode 1. There needs to be a way to set shows to only ask you about the most recent episode or at least only designated or the most recent season, otherwise long running shows don't work well. Since the system ALWAYS thinks you have more episodes to watch, these shows are always on the dashboard taking up spots, even though you will never want to go back and watch them from the start.

• witchyflickchick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like this functionality. There are a handful of shows that I watch where it doesn't actually make sense for me to watch every single episode (e.g., I'm not going to watch the "Reality" episode of "Close Up with the Hollywood Reporter" because I don't watch reality shows), but when tracking the progress, viewing it on the calendar or using apps like iShows, I can only make that episode go away by blocking the entire show or marking the episode as watched, even when it isn't, neither of which I want to do.

• Swetal Patel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I am on the progress page, clicked "view seasons" then the "+" symbol next to the season, and then what? Every time I click on the episode it just takes me to that page, even when I try to click the "x" next to each episode it still takes me to the details page. Side note, this is an amazingly large project and I truly appreciate all the work you've put into it. THANKS!

• mahkitah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have several shows that I started watching halfway. I have no intention of watching the earlier seasons. It would be nice if those seasons/episodes could be ignores in the progress page.

Feedback and Knowledge Base