How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Official Trakt App

It would be great to have an official Trakt app to mark shows watched and view upcoming schedules

2,595 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    aaw1083aaw1083 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

99 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

would love this because none of the apps at the moment have an option to view your collection. I have all my movies and tv shows on an external hard drive connected to my tv but you only get a list of folders and thumbnails so I decided to input all my stuff on trakt. I would really love to be able to choose a movie or show from my hard drive by searching my phone with synopsis's available etc

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes! Please create an official app. It would be great to include a list of recent & upcoming episodes not yet watched.

• jesus valdezjesus valdez commented  · 

I forgot my pin#999 need to retrieve it. Or what else should I do.

• MattMatt commented  · 

An official for iPhone would be great, even a paied one

• movieaddctmovieaddct commented  · 

all the android apps suck, thats why we need a official app

• OldTimerTooOldTimerToo commented  · 

I got an iPad Air for Christmas and wanted to be able to track the television series that we watch in the evening (usually from disc). We found Seenit to be excellent, except that not all shows have the correct episodes. Now I have to come up with a way to make those correction, either to the database, or something.

• Wouter van OsWouter van Os commented  · 

As far as I've tried all apps, I can't seems to find a real app which is directly build on top of Trakt.TV and supports most features. Not just TV shows or only movies. This would be awesome.

Is there any change we, the community, could create an awesome app for Trakt.tv with all (most) it's features? I'm happy to start here.

• GF PaulsenGF Paulsen commented  · 

It would be even better if getting authorized easy and in working every time ; please
        GFP
        tristonroy

• Ryan HannaRyan Hanna commented  · 

The responsive website is great on mobile devices, and a native app isn't needed. A "submit" button to add new apps to the downloads page would do just fine, to highlight all the great apps that other people are making to support the platform.

• JoeJoe commented  · 

Using the website is so clumsy on a touch screen. An official with the ability to edit lists is needed

• Nick GeorgeNick George commented  · 

Is this really needed? The responsive web site works great.. just pin the website to your home screen.

• ItsWilderItsWilder commented  · 

Ever since iShows 2 came out, I don't feel the need for an official app anymore.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I think it would be good to better give notifications and track easier while watching.

• BigDog88BigDog88 commented  · 

"Series Guide" for android is your best bet (sorry, dont have an iOS suggestion) as it is extreamly user friendly and is a must app for any serious TV traker.

Note:
        If your using Kodi, then you will want to install the"trakt.tv script" add-on under programs. This add-on will keep Trakt up to date with your Kodi watching and thus keep "Series Guide" for android up to date as well.

• Danial BehzadiDanial Behzadi commented  · 

"Series Guide" for android and "trakt.tv script" for Kodi does this. If you don't like them, you can write your own app.

Feedback and Knowledge Base