How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Official Trakt App

It would be great to have an official Trakt app to mark shows watched and view upcoming schedules

2,381 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    aaw1083aaw1083 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

85 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

3 years later and still no official app. No ETA still?

• JoelJoel commented  · 

I was on Windows Phone until about a week ago and on there I used Trakter. It completely duplicates the websites look and feel and it's amazing. Still use it on my PC since it's a universal App. But the fact that there is not an equivalent on iOS is disappointing.

• Qnqzzu IangolflQnqzzu Iangolfl commented  · 

Just improve the mobile site/website. I haven't used any Trakt app since the new website.

• jimmyjimmy commented  · 

plz, release an official trakt app for android....

• kolinkolin commented  · 

Absolutely need this. None of the third part apps support all the trakt features.

• dgwdgw commented  · 

@Nathan, no, that's a third-party client.

• bogascorpbogascorp commented  · 

Does this count? https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh202b5
        It's not official. Yet.
        Maybe one day, once it has enough features, it can be an official app and the source code is handed to trakt.tv
        Even if it doesn't become an official app, trakt.tv can still have the code to further develop/explore.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please please join the 21st century and release your own official Trakt.tv app on Android

• Anonymous commented  · 

I had to reset kodi and am trying to install trakt again. I already have an account so it won't give me a place to add the code again. Please help.

• dgwdgw commented  · 

More for the app functionality in general: One advantage of having an app would be the ability to have certain entries cached (On Deck, Watchlist, etc.). Then, even if the device has no internet connection, the user could mark them as watched, rate, and write comments. When the internet connection becomes available again, these actions could be synced back to the site with their original timestamps.

• dgwdgw commented  · 

@Anonymous, using Trakt from a bookmark feels app-like up to a point, but there are some issues with it. The site doesn't behave very well on slow or flaky connections, for one thing. A native app could do more to provide affordances for the user when loading data or transitioning between screens that can't be rendered until an API response comes in.

• Anonymous commented  · 

FYI, if you're using Android, you can add a Trakt.tv bookmark to your homepage and it will act just like an app would. I've never felt like I needed anything more from an app as it's already formatted well for phones.

• MichaelMichael commented  · 

Best idea !
        An official app !

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base