How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Mark show as abandoned (or dropped) when you intentionally stop watching.

Mark show as abandoned (or dropped) when you intentionally stop watching.

3,254 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    musictvlifemusictvlife shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Researching  ·  Justin NemethAdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) responded  · 

Currently, you can hide a show from you calendar or progress page. Hiding from watched progress also hides it from your dashboard on deck. Hiding in those 2 places should work for most users.

This topic proposes a “dropped” status for a show. This would hide from the 3 sections mentioned above + add a “dropped” indicator in places such as the show summary page.

103 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • reza.ebreza.eb commented  · 

i need this i hate shows i only watched one time keep showing up on my calandar

• WendyWendy commented  · 

Agreeing with "Dropped" naming convention. (x2) :)

• odohnoodohno commented  · 

Agreed. There are so many shows I'm never going to finish, and I'd love to be able to drop or hide them from my calendar & mark them as 100% completed on my progress page. Both of these functionalities used to exist on the trakt.tv 1.0 page (well, the latter on a per-season, not per-episode, basis), and I'd love if they came back.

• telmamgteixeiratelmamgteixeira commented  · 

I really need a "dropped" feature. I don't want to keep seeing this shows I'm not interested anymore on my calendar.

• SteveSteve commented  · 

% of prople who Dropped a series could be an interesting statistic to display.

• lnorbertlnorbert commented  · 

We need the Hide show (red X) function again, that's it.

• Lily GunningLily Gunning commented  · 

I used to put them under a list I made for Given Up, and I hid them from my calendar and progress screens. But now, they have taken away hidden, so they are all showing up again - and the lists I made are gone.

:(

• XenoUkrainianXenoUkrainian commented  · 

Good idea, though If it is made, please include the tv show in statistics. Like if I watched 12 episodes and stopped, it would still add 12 hours to my time watching.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Need the "Dropped" because shows get canned so quickly these days. Many shows in my list are 12 episodes less. I no longer follow shows till season 2 starts.

• MesoptierMesoptier commented  · 

If I'm not mistaken, this feature already exists as "Hidden Shows". You can click the X button that becomes visible when hovering over shows in Calendar or Settings > Progress to hide shows from that section.

• GuillaumeGuillaume commented  · 

This is a duplicated problem. See other post: "Mark a show as abandoned when you intentionally stop watching"

• GuillaumeGuillaume commented  · 

Agree with "Dropped" naming convention.

• BobBob commented  · 

When you "Remove from watchlist" it should hide all the episodes that you did not see but still shows the ones that you have seen. And this should be available on the show page.

• LukasLukas commented  · 

I agree and I think that it would also be very useful to have this "dropped" or "skipped" functionality not only for shows but also for individual episodes - I watch some shows but not neccessarily every episode and I don't want to be reminded of those missed episodes.

• HannahHannah commented  · 

This is exactly what I've been looking for. The option to specify that I have seen however many episodes of a show, but chose to not continue watching it. For example, watching the pilot but not liking it enough to go any further (while still being marked down so I don't forget about it and try to watch the show again later).

Or, as a better example: watching several seasons of a show and deciding that it has gone downhill and no longer having any desire to see the remaining episodes. Trakt continually reminds you that you still have X number of episodes to watch even when I don't want to watch them, I'd like to be able to mark them down as "crap I have no interest in any more so please stop showing them to me".

• AnthonyAnthony commented  · 

That is a good idea. Interesting for the user just to remember what shows he dropped, but it's great statistics-wise too.
        This could be a quick way to determine how well the show is appreciated by the audience, and if not, how long the average user watched the show before dropping it.

• Anonymous commented  · 

"Dropped" option for the shows.
        For example, I watched 3 episodes but I didn't like the show and I stopped watching it, so I "dropped" it.
        With that that show would stop showing every week in the Dashboard.

• ShaunShaun commented  · 

I agree. This is useful. Though does kinda add another filter to all views. But it'd be nice to be able to separate out shows you've watched some of but have consciously decided you don't want to watch anymore of.

Feedback and Knowledge Base