How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Mark show as abandoned (or dropped) when you intentionally stop watching.

Mark show as abandoned (or dropped) when you intentionally stop watching.

3,254 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    musictvlifemusictvlife shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Researching  ·  Justin NemethAdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) responded  · 

Currently, you can hide a show from you calendar or progress page. Hiding from watched progress also hides it from your dashboard on deck. Hiding in those 2 places should work for most users.

This topic proposes a “dropped” status for a show. This would hide from the 3 sections mentioned above + add a “dropped” indicator in places such as the show summary page.

103 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jonathans7392Jonathans7392 commented  · 

As someone who watches a lot of tv shows and drop a few every now and then. A "dropped" button would be amazing to mark it as "dropped shows" which also hides it on the calendar automaticly since you don't follow the show anymore. Instead of having to do it manually.

It'd save a lot of time and help organizing instead of having to make lists.

• Bruno HoltzBruno Holtz commented  · 

I really want this feature! It will help me a lot! 3 votes for it!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

plz add this! 3 votes for this idea!

• DmitryDmitry commented  · 

Most wanted feature. Don't care how you name it, just add it, as I have watched one episode of many shows which I decided not to watch, and I keep seeing them. It's used in other web app for series tracking. I was surprised not to see it here.

• HanyuuHanyuu commented  · 

3 votes for this.. though i would like the term "Dropped" instead of "Abandoned". I think that would be the same meaning but better imo.

• ketjapketjap commented  · 

this would be great

• Anonymous commented  · 

PLEASE ADD THIS. I'm tired of seeing stupid shows that i only watched ONCE.

• Josh JonesJosh Jones commented  · 

Definitely pulling for "Abandoned." We stopped watching a bunch of shows after 2-3 episodes (our Trial period with Madam Secretary, etc.) and "abandoned" others (like Vampire Diaries after episode 4-12).

• MoridinMoridin commented  · 

This would be useful, though not just abandoned, "hiatus" would be nice too, I often use the watched + hide completed to see what I've missed. But I've decided to wait with season 3 of House of Cards until the easter holiday, and I've temporarily stopped Justified (though not abandoned). So some way to filter them out would be nice. Also, filter out shows that are finished (i.e. like Firefly) so I can see a list of all currently airing shows that I am following would be nice.

• PiotrPiotr commented  · 

+3
        I want mark Madam Secretary, but I don't want to erase it completly :)

• dgwdgw commented  · 

If we can start shows, and finish them, there should also be an allowance for shows that we start and then decide not to finish. +3

Existing plays for episodes of the show, of course, should remain in history and stats.

• Erhan ÖnderErhan Önder commented  · 

i want hide option for shows in progress page...

• Anonymous commented  · 

Any way to remove a show from your watch list would be great. There are quite a few shows I no longer watch, and I cannot remove them. Even if I unmark all the watched episodes, it still shows up in my list. A remove or delete show would be a great option.

• TRusseloTRusselo commented  · 

how about a simple:
        "Unwatch" episode, at the episode level?
        "Unwatch" show at the show level?
        "Remove from schedule"?

• VictoriaVictoria commented  · 

I'm rooting for "abandon" or "ditch" or even "discontinue". "Abandon" is definitely first choice though because, like Jack F suggested, it is a more universal term (and even has cognates in many languages).

• jack fjack f commented  · 

I prefer 'abandoned' over 'dropped'. Translates better, too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base