How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Mark show as abandoned (or dropped) when you intentionally stop watching.

Mark show as abandoned (or dropped) when you intentionally stop watching.

3,254 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    musictvlifemusictvlife shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Researching  ·  Justin NemethAdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) responded  · 

Currently, you can hide a show from you calendar or progress page. Hiding from watched progress also hides it from your dashboard on deck. Hiding in those 2 places should work for most users.

This topic proposes a “dropped” status for a show. This would hide from the 3 sections mentioned above + add a “dropped” indicator in places such as the show summary page.

103 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

SHEESH guys come on, add this already

• Justin NemethAdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented  · 

@Anonymous you can hide the show from your progress page which will also hide it from your dashboard on deck. No need to mark it as 100% watched.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I stopped watching Moonbeam City months ago. I even put it on hidden. But my dashboard STILL won't remove the reminder to watch the next episode.

There is no good, functional way to voluntarily stop watching a show. Currently, your only option on the site is to watch to completion or be bugged about it by constantly having it on your dashboard until you do.

• Danial BehzadiDanial Behzadi commented  · 

I gave up from watching the vampire diaries and hide the remaining seasons from progress.But the next episode is still on my deck in dashboard!

• AnnaAnna commented  · 

Yes please! Not only from 'progress'/episodes to watch but also from the calendar.

• Liam MundayLiam Munday commented  · 

Oh, and I say it's a problem because sometimes you decide to abandon a season that you might still want to watch in a few years time. The problem with Trakt is that it's hard to tell which series you've only watched half of considering the seasons now appear non existent.

Hi Justin,

Hiding seasons has helped me somewhat. However I can't manage to hide separate episodes. I think the main problem with this whole "abandoned" thing is that instead of marking the episodes/seasons as abandoned, Trakt decides to just hide it completely from your profile. It basically just pretends that the other seasons never existed. We need a system that informs you that you haven't seen the seasons without getting rid of them from the progress tab.

• OgreMHDWOgreMHDW commented  · 

Hide a show. Shows are shown up as popular or trending that I am not interested in. It would be great if I could just mark a button for "Not Interested" so I never have to keep seeing the show appear when I am looking to discover new shows to watch.

• RoxieVelmaRoxieVelma commented  · 

Hi Justin! In my case, I am using Chrome, but I checked on IceDragon (Firefox based) and it was there as well. The show was definitely hidden from my progress page, so I decided to un-hide it and with that it appeared in my calendar too. When I re-hid it from my calendar, it left the calendar, upcoming schedule, and my on deck section. Maybe it really just wanted me to watch the show. ;)

Liam, you can ignore seasons from the progress page as well. Just expand the percentage view, and there will be Ø icons next to each season as well.

Alan & Roxie, I'm not able to reproduce the issue. I just tested and was able to hide a show from my watched progress and it correctly hid from my on deck as well. If you have more info (i.e. browser errors, etc) please let me know. Can you confirm the show is actually hidden from the progress page too?

• RoxieVelmaRoxieVelma commented  · 

As of today, a show I hid from the progress section popped up in the On Deck to Watch section for the first time since I hid it a couple of months ago.

• Alan ThomasAlan Thomas commented  · 

Justin, this doesn't work for me. I've gone to my Progress section and hidden all the shows I don't want to see, but these same shows still show up as "On deck to watch".

Justin Nemeth,

What about when you've skipped a few Seasons and have watched some of the later seasons. I still want to watch later episodes of the series, yet do not want to watch past ones. There should be a way of telling Trakt to ignore the previous seasons/episodes.

For the more recent comments, please be aware you can hide show from your calendar and progress pages directly to hide them from showing up. When hiding from your watched progress, this will also hide them from your on deck section.

• JoranJoran commented  · 

Yeah, this is really annoying. My 'On Deck to Watch' section is almost entirely shows which I only watched the pilot of and don't have any intention to continue.

• Cristian TaneCristian Tane commented  · 

Please, please, please implement this! My calendar is filled with a bunch of shows I only watched for a few episodes before giving up on. So annoying. Thanks!

• TeaAndApathyTeaAndApathy commented  · 

I forgot to add: the "Ignored" would also work for shows in which I pick and choose episodes to watch (such as How It's Made), i.e. a choice to Ignore episodes or whole seasons.

This would certainly make trakt my #1 choice. The Other Place I use has a very easy to use interface, but refuses to implement this option.

• TeaAndApathyTeaAndApathy commented  · 

Would love something like this, especially when I start watching a show with a multitude of previous episodes that I *don't* want to watch (like Whose Line Is It Anyway). Mark as "Ignored" maybe?

And, of course, a choice for shows that I started watching then stopped ("Abandoned").

• MikiMiki commented  · 

ya, adding show option should be presented as: watching/completed/dropped/on-hold or hiatus

Feedback and Knowledge Base