How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Mark show as abandoned (or dropped) when you intentionally stop watching.

Mark show as abandoned (or dropped) when you intentionally stop watching.

3,563 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    musictvlife shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Researching  ·  AdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) responded  · 

Currently, you can hide a show from you calendar or progress page. Hiding from watched progress also hides it from your dashboard on deck. Hiding in those 2 places should work for most users.

This topic proposes a “dropped” status for a show. This would hide from the 3 sections mentioned above + add a “dropped” indicator in places such as the show summary page.

122 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Carolyn Carr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this because I quite often only watch one episode to see if I'm interested. If I'm not I don't want to see it keep showing up on my Progress site

• FR AN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As @BevansDesign said, movies will need this too as much as shows

• nigelwestland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, need this. I do want to see them in my progress list, but not on my next to watch. So that people can see in my progress I did see some of it.

• BevansDesign commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would probably also be worthwhile to expand this feature to movies. Even though they're much shorter, I've still abandoned a few movies halfway through because they didn't interest me, and I'd like to be able to mark them as such.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be excellent - I might stop watching a series after, say, the 3rd season of 7 but to remove it from progress, I need to mark the whole series unwatched. An example would be True Blood where I gave up after season 5 or Elementary mid way through season 4.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still want this too, would make Trakt perfect... many shows I only see the pilot.

• jul_j37 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still want this. I wanna see every series I saw in my "see more" section. The ones I still watch and also the ones I dropped. If I hide the dropped ones, I don't see them, but I want to be reminded that I watch a series at one time but then dropped it.

PLEASE

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see "dropped series/movies" just because you could see your progress how many series/movies you have dropped in this year..

• crying_leo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I already hide a show, but the show keeps showing up on my calendar. How do I fix that?

• Lysa Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how do you unhide the show that you've hidden? I can't seem to find any option to unhide it anywhere.

• website user commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does it remove from 3rd party apps when you ciick hide? I still see all this shows I clicked hide on in the 3rd party app.

Show that I watch and what to hide are showing up on the history page, but not the calendar and progress page where the hide buttons are.

There needs to be an option to hide a show from the shows page because it is tooooooo difficult to search for a show on the progress page. I dont have the patience to search through everything on that page to find something just to hide it. The calendar page is also toooooo difficult to have to search through also. Its very frustrating to find shows to hide them.

• AB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the need for this feature, but on the flip side, shows that I'm watching but have been on for a long time (e.g. The Daily Show) don't always show up in my progress page because I've watched a relatively small percentage of the show (I imagine this is why). Having the ability to mark which shows I'm currently watching would solve both problems.

I after looking for a long time, I finally see the pale circle after the show name on the progress page. I was looking for it to be under the picture like it was on the dashboard, or for it to be easier to see.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base