How can we improve Trakt?

Flag deleted TVDB shows

Trakt relies a lot on TVDB for shows. Sometimes TVDB has duplicates which eventually get fixed. But when that happens, these dupes are still available on Trakt.

I suggest coming up with a notification system that warns when a show has a TVDB entry disappear. Who would get notified? Well, mostly you guys, since you're the ones with the ability to remove dupes. Maybe you could also add a warning on the show page that the TVDB entry is gone and that Trakt admins are investigating.

This might cut down on dupes and the constant reports about them.

Note: this implies that shows on Trakt auto-refresh periodically, otherwise the disappearance of a TVDB entry will never be noticed. I assume that is the case.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
eric2203 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • eric2203 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've recently requested removal of duplicate shows 5 different times on Trakt. I know it's not your fault: TVDB has dupes, and you end up getting those. I also try to report them to TVDB when I find them, then to you when TVDB takes care of them.

However, this is becoming repetitive. I really do think you need to create a system that automatically flags those shows on your end when they disappear from TVDB.

I don't know if you just want to notify yourselves/users when that happen, or simply purge the data, but this automation is needed at this point.

Feedback and Knowledge Base