How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Translate website, movies, and shows to other languages

It would be really nice, if you let people translate the website but that's not so important for me...
but i found that the movie titles are only the english ones, for example the movie "the inbetweeners" is in german "sex on the beach" and so i couldn't find it first because i didn't know that!

1,273 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Aykut René İnan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andre L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had that idea too :) it would be charming if we could even help translate the website. I would help for sure.

• B3ne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the feature to change the language from movie titles. Not everyone is watching in english, or has a Database with english titles. I dont think this is complicated because u have the titles in every language in our database, just add the feature to show it on the webinterface.

• Joost Laurman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature, it is a must have for foreign shows! Lots of shows are just showing up without episode information because the information is not in English.

• Guillaume Parent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a translation student and I'd love to help with the translation into French as it is my first language.

• Marr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@michaelboonaert. Make sure the original language field is Dutch (if the show is indeed Dutch). There's also a field with Spoken languages, but that is not used for the info on Trakt.

For example, Gossip Girl did air in the Netherlands - and has an TMDb entry - I think, but the original language field should still be English for it is an American show.

• michaelboonaert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the description of every show or movie the language field is always filled in with 'English'. I have a couple of show that are spoken in Dutch or French but the language is always filled in with English.

Where does trakt gets the information for this field? I don't find this field on TVDB.

• giraldnet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rather than translating the title by languages it may be useful to have some country-based tag system.

• nanda_bravim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's funny because I can search for movies in their poruguese titles and even see it's synopsis when I'm SeriesGuide, but it doesn't work in the website.
        It's also not a huge problem to me, and I know you guys are still running to upgrade trakt 2.0, but it would give you a lot of new users.

Feedback and Knowledge Base