How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Translate website, movies, and shows to other languages

It would be really nice, if you let people translate the website but that's not so important for me...
but i found that the movie titles are only the english ones, for example the movie "the inbetweeners" is in german "sex on the beach" and so i couldn't find it first because i didn't know that!

1,164 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Aykut René İnanAykut René İnan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nicolas LiautaudNicolas Liautaud commented  · 

In addition to the greasemonkey script below by Quicks, I've recently released a new version of trakttvstats chrome extension, with some improvements to the automatic titles/synopsis translation and posters/backdrop localization :
        https://github.com/nliautaud/trakttvstats

• QuicksQuicks commented  · 

well.. as trakt.tv seem not to wanna do this in near future, i wrote a greasemonkey/tampermonkey script to at least show localized movie titles...
        you can't search with localized title, but movies (not tv shows so war) are simply displayed in your preferd language...
        anybody interested?

• QuicksQuicks commented  · 

it really would be great to adjust language of the movie and show titles!
        site itself would be great as well but not neccessary,
        thanks!! (german here)

• BlackSpiritsBlackSpirits commented  · 

Good morning, is it still a long time to come true?

• lahlah commented  · 

translate site options

• mikey641mikey641 commented  · 

I'm pretty sure "translatewiki.net" can be used for this

• Jason GantnerJason Gantner commented  · 

When making this feature, can you please think about people who know more than one language and let them choose to "keep original language" or "select languages [+default when original is not in the selected list]"

Being a french understanding English and (partially) German, it can be very annoying to see films/titles translated (poorly) from one language to the other. And by seeing the number of not native English speakers on the site, I think I'm not the only one with this issue.

From experience, I know these examples :
        - not native English speakers who use English in their everyday life
        - People who watch a lot of anime and learned Japanese that way/in the mean time
        - People who have bilingual families or live in bilingual countries
        - People who want to see the art as it was made and not how someone transposed it to an other culture (official translation often alter jokes and references to the local culture, a well know example is Captain America's bucket list in the Marvel movie)

• manoconnormanoconnor commented  · 

Together with the inability to set an unknown watching date, this is the other main lack of trakt.

• FelixFelix commented  · 

News? Three years have passed...

• Andre LAndre L commented  · 

I had that idea too :) it would be charming if we could even help translate the website. I would help for sure.

• B3neB3ne commented  · 

Please add the feature to change the language from movie titles. Not everyone is watching in english, or has a Database with english titles. I dont think this is complicated because u have the titles in every language in our database, just add the feature to show it on the webinterface.

• carinacarina commented  · 

es-laufen-keine-deutschen-Filme-und-Serien

• Joost LaurmanJoost Laurman commented  · 

Please add this feature, it is a must have for foreign shows! Lots of shows are just showing up without episode information because the information is not in English.

• Guillaume ParentGuillaume Parent commented  · 

I'm a translation student and I'd love to help with the translation into French as it is my first language.

• Pedro AbreuPedro Abreu commented  · 

Portuguese translator right here =)

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base