How can we improve Trakt?

Watched episodes data shifted or removed in the 30 for 30 series

I noticed the other day that episodes in Season 3 of the 30 for 30 series have had their order shifted. Unfortunately, I can't tell what episodes were shifted where because TVDB doesn't show that info.

When it comes to Trakt, watched date/time and ratings that applied to an episode are now on the wrong episode. This caused episodes that I hadn't watched to be marked as watched and given ratings that I applied to the other episode. Some episodes seemed to just move ahead one or two places, but others I can't figure out. As an example, I watched episodes 12 and 14 but they aren't set as watched and have no rating. I didn't watch episodes 27-29 but they are set as watched and have ratings.

At this point, I'm trying to figure out what episodes I watched when so I can make sense of the shift but the season has aired over 3 years and I have watched episodes out of order.

I'm not sure if this is anything that can really be prevented on Trakt's end, but it is an odd situation that may need some attention if viewership, ratings, etc. actually got shifted for more viewers than just myself.

I use the trakt site a well as the SeriesGuide app on Android to input views manually.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
PrefectDent shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Declined  ·  AdminJustin Nemeth (CEO / Founder, trakt) responded  · 

There isn’t really a way for us to tell either unfortunately. Since we rely on the season number and episode, if TVDB shuffles it around Trakt isn’t able to moves the plays around.

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • PrefectDent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just checked some comments for the episodes that were seemingly shifted. Episode 29 which is currently "Deion's Double Play" aired January 31, 2019, but is marked as played for me on November 14, 2017. It also has a comment dated October 15, 2018, that is more appropriate for Episode 24 "Nature Boy" which aired on November 7, 2017. That's one specific example of the current episode description and date contradicting the attatched user-generated information (comments, played date)

Feedback and Knowledge Base