How can we improve Trakt?

Movies/Episodes/TV Seasons/TV series Getting Removed

The main reason I, and I suspect, many others, use, and love, this website is that it is a near perfect tool to keep track of one's watch history. Seeing as that's the most important thing (to me anyway) I would love it if our accounts could get a little notification everytime a movie entry or tv show (or an episode from a tv show) that we've watched gets removed from the trakt database. Just so that we're aware of the things that are no longer accounted for in our watch history. Rather than 5 years later trying to find the title of a certain movie that you want to rewatch only to realise its no longer in your watch history, etc. If we can get a notification, then we can go and look for another (i.e. the real) movie/tv show entry and add that to our watch history. Or is there isn't another entry then we can then go and add a new entry/contribute new information on TMDB and/or TVDB, import it into trakt, and add it to our watch history.

(I would also love to have this feature for entries that are included in lists- for example I have a long list of things I want to watch and I would hate it if entries from that started to disappear without my knowledge).

I hope that this won't be too difficult to implement (fingers crossed) and that nobody else has already suggested this feature. I also hope this isn't already a feature that I just wasn't aware of already existing?

I originally posted this idea onto the VIP forums but thought that it would be more suitable/should also be posted here.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
elebe11y shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google