How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Will Trakt ever decide to use TMDB episode information if there is none on TVDB?

I love trakt. And I love TMDB. I contribute a lot to TMDB and think it is much better of a site and a community and more user friendly than TVDB. I understand that TVDB probably has a more comprehensive database for series compared to TMDB (I think TV shows are only a fairly recent addition to TMDB). However, contributing to TVDB is much more arduous than to TMDB, especially when it comes to getting incorrect data changed. The TVDB forum is fairly dead and slow to respond, me as a user have no idea if they keep track of our contributions.

Anyway, is there any reason why Trakt doesn't use episode information (especially air dates) from TMDB if they don't exist on it's respective entry on TVDB? Could this happen (any time soon- i.e. in the next couple of years)?

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    elebe11y shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • elebe11y commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is this update coming out from? Also, what about using TMDB's overviews before using TVDB's overviews? I suggest this only because TMDB actually has guidelines on making good overviews (concise, non-spoiler, non-biased, etc.) while TVDB doesn't (at least not to my knowledge).

• AdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll have an update out this week to use TMDB air dates if they are blank on TVDB. I don't envision moving to TMDB completely, but rather use it to fill in missing (i.e. air date) or better (i.e. hi res screenshots) episode data.

Feedback and Knowledge Base