Categories for lists
Right now when you're looking for community lists you have to options to choose: Popular and Favorites. Since favorites are mostly good lists (of public interest), many of the other user lists are hardly worth anyone's time or a not supposed to be for the community but for their friends. Example for this: http://i.imgur.com/fZ0IF.png.
To ease to process of finding some lists or what you're actually looking for categories would be a big improvement. These could then be chosen when creating a list.
Proposed example categories:
- "Critics" or "Reviewers" / Lists by critics, review websites etc
- "Best of list" or "Top list" / Lists that are ranking the best
- "Collection" / Lists for people who wan't to sort their owned stuff but not with the "Collection" feature (say "BD" / "DVD" / "Digital" etc)
- "Watchlist" / For variations of watchlists (Genre, year specific / not definitive picks)
- "Genre" / Genre lists for show themes or specific subgenres
- Recommendations / Things you would recommend to your friends etc.
Tags would work aswell but I would still limit the options to keep them tidy and allow the tags to be a default filter you could pick.
Maybe this is handled with tags, then people can specify whatever words they want to describe a list?
damn the missing edit button >_>