How can we improve Trakt?

Find users with similar tastes and a high compatibility rating

kind of like the "neighbours" feature on last.fm, you get suggestions on who to add as a friend (people with similar tv show/movie taste to you) based on the tv shows, episodes and movies you marked as seen.

551 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Syho shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • opplatalk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe you should also take into account that rating a movie 1 or 4 is not REALLY VERY different, both users mean to say "this movie sucks", while rating a movie 5 or 8 is something completely different.

• zicoz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I see that there is a "compatibility"-rating when I open a profile now, but is there a way to list people with high compatibility?

• sashahilton00 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Justin Nemeth, if you want, I am currently working on a recommendation engine for music. Shouldn't be too difficult to port. Do you have a dataset with ~1000 users data that I can use? (Sensitive data removed of course).

• ethan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All my votes. Not only would it be a great way to find new stuff to watch, but it would also be a great way to facilitate more interaction among users.

• Shikhar Mall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shouldn't be very difficult, you can use kNN to make this work. Only question is how good profile features are / can be made available in case of your website.

• Rob Verboven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you search for a user you see the compatibility percentage already, so should be possible to search for users with same taste between a certain percentage.

• ABTH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We could find people that has, for example, 80% or more compatibility with us.

Feedback and Knowledge Base