How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Compare your movie collection with another user

Compare your movie collection with someone else (friend or just another community member). This would show a list of the movies the other person has that you don't.

570 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • arcreactor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be cool if it also compared what you rated.
        Maybe you could also compare how fast/often you watch shows and movies.

• Shaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have actually implemented this with API for movies. Well something usable for me anyway. Happy to share with devs if it's at all useful.
        Takes a list (you or friends; watched, collected, rated) and then lets you filter/remove 'other' list(s) (again as before). Choose a sort order, and select a display output.

• Shaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Probably needs a whole "compare" section.

Scenarios like:
        * Compare collections between two users - what your friend has that you don't. (You want to borrow a movie or series/season.)
        * Friend comes over to watch a movie - you want to browse your collection, and filter out everything you and they've already watched.
        * Compare watched - your spouse is away and you want to watch something in your collection that they've already watched, but you have not.

Flexibility for more than a 2 user compare also useful. e.g. 3 of you want to watch a movie, and you're looking for something in a collection none of you have seen.
        Obviously various sorts and other filters still also useful.

I've been thinking of writing something to do the above when I have free time using the API. But obviously best if Trakt has this functionality built in.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for adding my idea. Look forward to when this get's implemented.

• Calum Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With any matches sorted so that they appear first on the list. Then add something to change this order like a drop down box or something. But yeah I like this idea.

Feedback and Knowledge Base