How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Add to history show TV without air dates

Many old TV series, especially anime years 1980-1990 have the date of the first but no air dates of each episode.

If I want to add to history the series by trying "Right now", Release date "and" Other date "this error message appears" Doh! No aired episodes were found to watch. "At least the" Right now "should work, although being present the premiered date should work with all 3 methods.

I also tried to mark them as watched while viewing the season page, but the error still appears.

Mark every single episode on anime TV series of about 100-500 episodes I think is a bit long.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  AdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) responded  · 

Unfortunately, we need episode air dates to know what has aired or not. If an episode doesn’t have an air date, it could be an unaired episode (or for other shows, a future episode that hasn’t aired yet). There is also the case where there are sometimes invalid episodes for a show. For all those reasons, that is why we rely on having an episode air date.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without air dates, we assume those episodes haven't aired. If all episodes for a show don't have air dates, that is why it thinks there are 0 episode aired and it wouldn't show up in the progress either.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, so the only way is to mark every single episode as seen. I tried with Rescueman, but I do not know if it is correct, in the purple watched history I see: 0% Watched - view plays 53/0 episodes - 1d 2h 30m.

Also it is not even present in my progress ... maybe I'm wrong?

Feedback and Knowledge Base