How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Kim Possible S2 half-length episodes

https://trakt.tv/shows/kim-possible/seasons/2/episodes/6 and https://trakt.tv/shows/kim-possible/seasons/2/episodes/7 are each just 12 minutes long. Amazon Video (I don't have iTunes, so can't check there) lists them as a single combined episode of 22 minutes, but they are listed separately on TVDB & TMDB.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dgw shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • dgw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trakt can (and does) store per-episode runtimes, unlike the TV databases it pulls from, because it can get that information from some of the streaming services (such as Amazon) that it displays in "Watch Now". But occasionally, as in this case, that means pulling in an incorrect runtime because the TV databases and streaming services list episodes slightly differently.

(Separate episodes that are combined on Amazon, for example, I'm happy to just manually mark separately. Same as if I get a DVD/Blu-ray of a show that has a double-length episode like the series premiere of ST:TNG, for example, where Trakt lists it as two separate parts.)

• Marr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really, that's good to know! I thought that was impossible!

(Although I guess if it's just the airtime it's OK. I thought it was just seperate episodes that you needed combined to track with Amazon watching or something.)

@Marr There's nothing to take up with either database. They don't support per-episode runtimes, full stop.

I have in the past reported outliers to Trakt and they've been manually changed in the database locally, which is why I'm doing so again here.

• Marr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Take it up with TVDB and TMDb. Though it's not gonna change. Just because Amazon and other content providers merge them into one... Trakt really can't help that.

TMDb currently suppports infinite alternative listings, but seperate episodes can't be merged.

I should have checked the rest of the season… Episodes 13 & 14, and 24 & 25 are also 11 minutes each.

Just to amend slightly: Perhaps the length each should be 11 minutes after all.

Feedback and Knowledge Base