How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Bug: Archer Season 3 doesn't show the full 13 episodes

According to DVD/Netflix/Hulu/iTunes/Amazon Video/Google Play/Microsoft Store/IMDB/archer.wikia/Wikipedia, Archer Season 3 has 13 episodes, starting with 'Heart of Archness: Part I' and ending with 'Space Race: Part II'.

Trakt.tv is showing it as having 10 episodes, with 'Heart of Archness: Part I/II/III' being episodes orphaned to 'Specials', which breaks watching/scrobbling/etc. for a bunch of experiences.

This is because TheTVDB is providing this for their 'Aired Order' data (and are committed to not changing that, because they believe this to be the way the season aired. it's debatable).

Apparently their 'DVD Order' data has the metadata/ordering used by streaming/downloadable sources. So I guess Trakt.tv needs to use, or provide an option to use, this, and only fall back to 'Aired Order' when there is no special 'DVD Order'. Basically 'DVD Order' means 'DVD and Streaming/Download Order'.

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mathew shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  AdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) responded  · 

No plans to adjust this since we use the original airing info as presented on TVDB. It shouldn’t break scrobbling since that is all done using the episode ID so it should pick up the correct episode even if its listed under specials. If an app using relying on season/number matching, then yes it can be inaccurate for some shows.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Piotr commented  · 

Is changing that will destroy my history of watching show?
        I marked watched episodes on correct time and I don't like idea that my history will be altered with unnecessary change.
        I guess that change will be ok, if episodes will be "moved" without destroying history for everyone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base