How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Show removed from watchlist and progress after I watch latest episode

I am new to Trakt, so forgive me if I misunderstand. I am not sure if this is exactly how it works, but I will try to explain my problem/idea:

I have several shows on my watchlist and progress list with Trakt (love the service by the way), but have noticed that when watching shows that are mid-season, catching up to the latest episode removes the show from both my progress list and watchlist automatically.

For example, I am watching The Blacklist, but was behind several episodes. I have since caught up to the live schedule by watching through season 5 episode 11. The next episode will not air until later this month, but finishing through episode 11 has caused the series to be marked 100% watched (which I suppose it is), and thus it was removed from my watchlist.

What happens after episode 12 airs? I assume that the show will not be added back to my "Progress," even though there is more for me to watch. Do I have to add it back to my watchlist as well every time I watch the latest episode?

Ideally, shows that are still running would not be removed from the watchlist, even when I am caught up, since the show is still going on. I like that it falls off my progress list, since I have no new episodes to watch, but would love it if once new episodes are aired, they are added back to progress for me to continue where I left off.

Does that make sense? Again, I am not entirely sure if that's how things currently work. I just would like to know the best way to track my shows' progress mid-season, in the case that I am keeping up with the original air dates.

Thanks!

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) responded  · 

Items are auto removed from the watchlist, even after you watch 1 show. Please see http://support.trakt.tv/knowledgebase/articles/154739-why-do-things-get-removed-from-my-watchlist-after for more info.

They should not be removed from your progress though, that is the main place you should use to keep track of everything you’re watching. Are you having this issue on the Trakt website or another app? The website definitely doesn’t auto remove from your progress ever. You can manually hide from your progress, but it doesn’t sound like you’re doing that. The other thing to check is you might have the “hide 100% completed” enabled when viewing your progress page.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jerome commented  · 

john i have been using trakt for over 2 years and i have to always add the show back after im caught up. i dont know what the deal with this but i have to constantly do this

• jerome commented  · 

the website does remove the show from your watchlist once you catch up. and if its removed from there its removed from everywhere else you have trakt

• John commented  · 

Gotcha! I appreciate it, and will let you know if I have any more questions or suggestions!

• AdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented  · 

No, we wouldn't add it back to your watchlist. We designed the progress page to keep track of your shows and when they return. If you watched 100% of a show, then a new episode comes out, then yes it would be displayed on your progress page since its no longer 100% watched. (if you don't have the hide completed filter on, the show would still display at 100%)

In terms of the app you're using, I assume it should also return to their progress section since you'd no longer be at 100% watched once a new episode comes out. I'd reach out to them directly to confirm though.

• John commented  · 

Thanks for the quick response, Justin!

I am aware that items are removed from the watchlist once being completed, and like this feature. What I am talking about is being caught up to shows that are still airing new episodes in the season is considered being 100% complete, removing the series from my watchlist.

In a similar example as above: I watch the Walking Dead, and have watched the 8 episodes of this current season. Episode 9 airs in February. When I finished episode 8, the series itself was marked as "complete" and removed from my watchlist. When episode 9 airs, would it return to my watchlist (without my having to do anything else)?

You were right that the website does not remove items from my progress. Apparently, the app I am using hides items that have already been viewed, without affecting the master list on the website. It does show future episodes that have not aired, but (I believe) since they are not available for watching, the series is hidden. I suppose I will have to wait and see if the series returns to my progress list in the app when new episodes come out.

About the filter to hide completed that you mentioned, I do not have that active, but am curious as to how it would work in my situation as well. With my examples, The Blacklist and Walking Dead would be hidden currently, since I am caught up. In this case, would the series become visible again when new episodes come out?

Feedback and Knowledge Base