How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Watchlist Autoremove by Design

I realize that it's intentional and "by design," but I would like to add to the chorus of those who don't like the fact that items are automatically removed from the main Wishlist once they are watched. In particular, removing TV shows is especially annoying. Ironically, I used to maintain separate custom wishlists for movies and TV shows, but stopped doing so and deleted them once I realized that I can easily filter out one or the other from the master Wishlist (and before I knew of this "design" bit.) As a fan of redundancy, I want to keep this master list on more than one site. Currently, I use Trakt and IMDb, knowing that one or the other could go belly-up at any time. (I've been burned in the past by seemingly stable and established sites.) When Trakt removes shows automatically, it becomes impossible to do a quick comparison-by-number between the two sites to ensure that they contain the same information.

If changing this arrangement would be a huge headache and time suck for you, then please just say so. But please don't dismiss the request with an "It's by design" reply. Clearly the design is not one that everyone likes, so I can't see why you can't offer people the option of autoremove vs. no autoremove unless, again, it would be too time-consuming. If nothing else, know that there are good reasons why some of us do not like the current design. And really, I would think that having fewer custom lists would be better for you (and your servers) *and* for your users.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jim G. shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  AdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) responded  · 

Autoremoving is an intentional design decision for the watchlist. The website and all apps built on the Trakt API are created with this in mind. We are not planning to change this or make a user setting for this reason. That would be a core change that would affect any app that uses the watchlist in a potentially negative way. We appreciate the feedback, but its just not something we can do.

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base