Removing early rating (ie rating of unreleased episode) or banning early rater?
Hi TrackTV team,
I know I'm onto a topic that have been discussed already, and I'm trying the shed a new light here, my apologies if this has been already discussed also.
I'm seeing more and more rating on episode that have not been released yet, which is annoying (because it is not very smart) but mostly it is biaising the overall rate of a tv show (unless it gets loads of votes), hence degrading the trust a user can have of TrackTV ratings.
I have seen several other requests that have been denied but none pointing out the negative impact on ratings and user trust. This could also be handled by banning early rater from rating a new show for example ?
Many thanks for your help
@Justin Maybe somethink like system of trust.
Let's assume that users with some numbers of years and/or VIPs will have ability to vote before offical release. It based on assumption that if someone is willing to pay for VIP he probably doesn't fake vote.
Another idea is to don't show any rating before official release. It could have some positive effects:
1) some spammers would have ability to see effects of their "jokes" - it wouldn't have same appeal.
2) shows wouldn't have biased rating before wider audience has opportunity to vote.
3) you can still count votes premature votes but do not show them before premiere
4) it should be really easy to implement
I also would like to suggest something like "user moderator". Some trusted users from community would be able to delete comments, mark them as non-english or spoilers, delete premature votes or refresh some content. It could be more useful in future, but it would allow to:
1) tackle problematic comments faster
2) allow core trakt team to spend their time on more important things
3) build more invested community that can be more helpful in future.
Well at least don't allow it until first release in the world ? Something like that
AdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented
I agree we need to limit it in some way. As mentioned in the other topics, it is not quite that simple due to different release dates around the world, early premieres, or press viewings.
I just dont understand why it can't be built into the site to not allow rating until after release date. It just doesn't make sense from any prospective.