How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Shows reappearing in Watchlist. Delete all button needed for the watchlist.

Every show in watchlist (260) are reappearing after being deleted. It’s too many and takes too much time to delete them one by one.

Watchlist NEEDS a delete all buttons. Not everyone is capable of performing scripts to mass delete items on a page via a browser console.

I’ve disabled any apps that were syncing with the watchlist. Please fix it!

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jason shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason commented  · 

Okay. After a fresh delete of all items in the watchlist yesterday, 712 items were re-added today. I checked the authorized items page and revoked all applications except for SickRage and Plex.

On Sickrage, the sync is DISABLED and there is no communication between Trakt and Sickrage for the moment.

On Plex, the "sync watch list, personal list, and like list" are DISABLED. However, it is set to still sync my viewing status and collection.

I just now mass deleted all 712 items using javascript, and I am back at zero. From here, I should know if the Plex plugin is the culprit.

• AdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented  · 

If a show is re-appearing, that means a connected app is adding it back. Trakt itself autoremoves the show from your watchlist once you watch at least one episode. Some apps incorrectly try and override this functionality and add it back to your list.

Please review your connected apps at https://trakt.tv/oauth/authorized_applications to figure out which app could be doing this. I would also recommend contacting the app developer and request they stop doing this.

I'll look into adding a clear option, but for now please send a private support ticket with your username and I can manually clear it out for you.

• Jason commented  · 

Sorry. It’s 630 shows that are reappearing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base