How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Kodi add-on confuses TVDb & TMDb Ids

I'm really looking for help, but this is the only forum I can find. My Kodi installation with Trakt add-on is reporting The Orville as The Debbie Reynolds Show. I've figured out that they have the same id on different websites. The TMDb Id for The Orville is 71738 and the TVDb ID for The Debbie Reynolds Show is also 71738. I'm using TMDb as the information provider in Kodi. How do I make the add-on report the correct show?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ratcoon shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Kodi activate code of trakt.tv
        2007602A

• Ratcoon commented  · 

Sure thing. I didn't realize the addon was third party. Thanks for the link to the source. The developer is quite a large douchebag, this is going to be unpleasant.

• AdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented  · 

I'm just going based on this in the readme.

"Local media should be played in Kodi library mode and you should use TVDb (for tv shows) and TMDb (for movies) as your scrapers. TV shows are identified using their TVDb ID. Movies are identified using the IMDb ID. This allows Trakt to match the correct show or movie more accurately, regardless of the title."

If you'd like, please post the Kodi log file in the github project as a new issue and give some details and steps to reproduce the issue. Thanks!

• Ratcoon commented  · 

But It works fine for all other shows so it's obviously not a requirement.

Feedback and Knowledge Base