How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Kodi add-on confuses TVDb & TMDb Ids

I'm really looking for help, but this is the only forum I can find. My Kodi installation with Trakt add-on is reporting The Orville as The Debbie Reynolds Show. I've figured out that they have the same id on different websites. The TMDb Id for The Orville is 71738 and the TVDb ID for The Debbie Reynolds Show is also 71738. I'm using TMDb as the information provider in Kodi. How do I make the add-on report the correct show?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ratcoon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nathan Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TVDb was down for me for a week or two during June 2018, so when scanning new shows into my library, when TVDb didn't work, I used TMDb instead. Well, I ran into problems when I watched CWs Life Sentence (2018) Episode 1, titled "Pilot" and when the Trakt popup to rate the show was the incorrect title, "The End of Flutter Valley (1)" I came to Trakt to investigate. I was surprised to learn it was a My Little Pony episode from 1986. I couldn't figure out why this was happening, since it was a few weeks after I had scanned the series into my Kodi library. Then I went to the video files list and checked what was entered for Life Sentence, and noticed that I had selected TMDb as the source, thinking that TVDb had not added Life Sentence to their index or something when they switched to the new API. Well I decided to switch the scraper back to the TVDb and try it again since some time had gone by, and this time when I did so all of the episodes of Life Sentence immediately scanned in like they were supposed to. This time when I right-clicked on an episode and clicked on "Rate on Trakt" the popup rating selector had the correct episode title on it. Now, I just need to get My Little Pony Season 1 Episode 2 out of my Watchlist, and remove the vote I entered for that first episode, so that Trakt doesn't think I was watching My Little Pony and keep recommending I watch Episode 2. I did notice when I click on "The End of Flutter Valley (1)" episode 1 of My Little Pony in Trakt, even though it still thinks I watched the episode, it asks me to rate it, maybe because it is no longer in my collection when I synchronized my library with Trakt again, I don't know for sure. But how can I make Trakt think that I never viewed that episode, (twice of all things), and stop putting episode 2 in my Watchlist, now that I figured out what went wrong in the first place? And since it is asking me to rate the episode when I click on the heart icon, does that mean that the first accidental vote I placed from Kodi before I noticed the incorrect title in Life Sentence was actually My Little Pony is no longer counted because My Little Pony is no longer a part of my collection? Why did my previous accidental vote go away? Or maybe I didn't vote after all when I saw it was the wrong title on the popup, I don't know, I just want the incorrect series to stop appearing in my Watchlist and reflect the incorrect episode views of My Little Pony Season 1 Episode 1.

• Ratcoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sure thing. I didn't realize the addon was third party. Thanks for the link to the source. The developer is quite a large douchebag, this is going to be unpleasant.

• AdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm just going based on this in the readme.

"Local media should be played in Kodi library mode and you should use TVDb (for tv shows) and TMDb (for movies) as your scrapers. TV shows are identified using their TVDb ID. Movies are identified using the IMDb ID. This allows Trakt to match the correct show or movie more accurately, regardless of the title."

If you'd like, please post the Kodi log file in the github project as a new issue and give some details and steps to reproduce the issue. Thanks!

• Ratcoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But It works fine for all other shows so it's obviously not a requirement.

Feedback and Knowledge Base