How can we improve Trakt.tv?

Reformat Mobile Pages

Hello Trakt.tv team,

I have had my Trakt.tv Progress page bookmarked to my home screen on my Android phone for well over a year now. It's so functional that I see no reason for an app, and I thank you sincerely for that. However there is one small but very relevant detail that I personally feel would make your mobile site much more comprehensible; that is having the show info displayed under the episode's visual aid/screenshot, as opposed to the info displaying above as it presently does.

Here you can see that on the mobile site the episode info is above the visual aid and far away from the controls (checking as watched, adding to my collection, saving to lists, and displaying streamable sources): https://imgur.com/a/nZqSZ

I personally especially expect to see the info displayed below because on your desktop site the episode info is displayed left → right (see here: https://i.imgur.com/TXYsdSn.png), which typically coordinates to up → down on mobile. I find this small detail consistently very confusing and less effective as it stands, and I ask that you only move episode details from the top of the visual aid to beneath it on mobile. Thank you so much for your service. I greatly appreciate both your website and your user service.

Sincerely,

JS

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Justin NemethAdminJustin Nemeth (Founder, trakt) commented  · 

Hmm, not sure we can easily do that. As you mentioned, the info that goes left to right on desktop, changes to up to down on mobile, which is what it is currently doing. The current layout seems to make sense since it lists the show title, percentage, then the info about how we calculated that percentage, and lastly the next episode you have to watch. Let me know if I'm missing something in my understanding.

Feedback and Knowledge Base